⭐ OFFICIAL 2020-2021 NBA Off-Season Thread: Olympics begin 7/23; NBA Draft 7/29⭐

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Lakers weren't exactly lighting the world on fire before Shaq got there. He wasn't equally huge free agent signing who went there on his own to a struggling franchise.
true, id argue west definitely deserves a top 5 spot over lebron but the buss fam seems to have a deep seated issue with the logo. dont know why, jerry seems to be a classy guy by all accounts but they keep closing the door on him.

yeah, i think its foul to put new guy lebron over laker icons like west but lebron and klutch are the lakers present and future.

The turn on Dame has been expeditious :lol:

In all seriousness though I know winning a chip is important but it’s not guaranteed and I do think there is something special about spending a HOF career with the team that drafted you. Especially as it’s becoming less and less common.

The turn on Dame is ridiculous and shows just how short of a memory most fans have. He was shooting a historically high percentage in the clutch during the first half of the season. Now he has one bad month where his team is struggling and he's not playing well and he's a bum?

I do agree that there is something special about staying in one place your whole career. It definitely helps the legacies of players like Dirk, Kobe, and Duncan. That being said, the fans and media have created an environment where any accomplishment short of winning a championship is a worthless so we're seeing players leave in order to win titles at any cost.

What would be best for Dame's career/legacy: staying in Portland and never winning a championship or going to form a super team and getting cheap rings like Durant?

Dame is brining some of the turn on himself by continually putting reminders out about how he’s been disadvantaged by his loyalty and taking shots at guys who have gone the “super team” route.

What would be best for Dame's career/legacy: staying in Portland and never winning a championship or going to form a super team and getting cheap rings like Durant?
The Durant shade :lol: I’ll probably get called a loser for this but from a legacy perspective but I think staying in PDX and never winning a chip would be better than forcing his way out to a super team. I feel like Jennifer and other Blazers fans would cherish him for trying.

In all seriousness though I know winning a chip is important but it’s not guaranteed and I do think there is something special about spending a HOF career with the team that drafted you. Especially as it’s becoming less and less common.

Well Dame is liked by most of the media so his loyalty or not winning a ring won't matter ultimately. He'll be in the HOF and bank 350 million. Like a more liked Carmelo of his era.

juju for mvp

I don't know about MVP but he is going to be in all-NBA player this season.

Speaking of which, who do you think will be the all NBA forwards this season? It's going to be a bloodbath with so many good players. I've got:

LeBron, KD, Giannis, Kawhi, Randle and Zion

Notable ommissions: AD, Paul George, Levine and Tatum

It'll be interesting to see the order of the teams. I think Giannis and Joker are the only locks for 1st team. Everything else is in flux cause of all the injuries.

Yeah, I’m not sure about that forwards list atlsfinest atlsfinest but solely because of injuries like MVP pointed out. FWIW, based on production when active, I’d definitely go with that list.

I don’t know what the precedent is for games played is but Bron has already missed 1/4 of the season, Kawhi is closing in on that and KD has already missed half of the season. Voting is going to be tricky.

Juju could really make 1st team all things considered.

Guards will be really interesting as well. Between Luka, Wardell, Dame & Harden may just go by record for 1st and 2nd team.

“WarriorsSZN” 😒

Yeah, I’m not sure about that forwards list atlsfinest atlsfinest but solely because of injuries like MVP pointed out. FWIW, based on production when active, I’d definitely go with that list.

I don’t know what the precedent is for games played is but Bron has already missed 1/4 of the season, Kawhi is closing in on that and KD has already missed half of the season. Voting is going to be tricky.

It'll certainly be tough seeing as so many players have missed so much time. LeBron, AD, KD, PG and Kawhi have all missed alot of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom