⭐ OFFICIAL 2020-2021 NBA Off-Season Thread: Olympics begin 7/23; NBA Draft 7/29⭐

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was bad in the two most important games in the series. Also at no point did he have an exceptional game. 22-20-4-24-24. This is your max star? Basically just doing his ok thing and looking to Curry to be the guy who steps up.
Why try to deflect and say Harris is the max star. We overpaid for him to be the 3rd piece to Ben/Jo

Whos fault is it that Simmons decided to want to be a COD pro and not a basketball player. Harris did what he needed to do, score at a consistent rate. Simmons did not do anything he needed to do and that was shoot a point blank dunk attempt

Tough to make deep playoff runs with Seth Curry is your second best shot creator.

Ben and Tobi contracts gonna make it damned tough for Philly to make any real meaningful adjustments.

They got a lot of dudes that are kinda at that point that they are what they are. Aside from Maxey - is there another guy you look at and say "there's a lot of potential left to tap into there"?
Isaiah Joe and Paul Reed |l

Tobi Is what he is and he does what you need him to do. Simmons hasn’t done anything meaningful and hurts the team more than he helps it. Spacing sucks with him and we can’t keep making everyone around him a spot up shooter. Something has to give

Why try to deflect and say Harris is the max star. We overpaid for him to be the 3rd piece to Ben/Jo

Whos fault is it that Simmons decided to want to be a COD pro and not a basketball player. Harris did what he needed to do, score at a consistent rate. Simmons did not do anything he needed to do and that was shoot a point blank dunk attempt
How is that deflecting? He is a max star. Irrespective of Simmons performance, star players are supposed to step up in the playoffs not step down. There’s nothing special about giving ~22 pts on average efficiency as an unspectacular playmaker while fading from big moments. Why are you giving dude a pass?

How is that deflecting? He is a max star. Irrespective of Simmons performance, star players are supposed to step up in the playoffs not step down. There’s nothing special about giving ~22 pts on average efficiency as an unspectacular playmaker while fading from big moments. Why are you giving dude a pass?
I’m not. I’ve said he deserves some blame

there’s a bigger kangaroo in the room that has to be addressed. Moving off Harris ain’t gonna make Simmons any better

Sixers been constantly brining in players to compliment Simmons and the same **** always happens: Simmons doesn’t improve and we’re expecting guys who are at their peak to continue to change their game for Simmons to feel comfortable

that’s the problem. Same goes with Embiid conditioning, maybe he would’nt be so gassed if he didn’t have to carry a 6’10 Aussie on his back every playoffs

I’m not. I’ve said he deserves some blame

there’s a bigger kangaroo in the room that has to be addressed. Moving off Harris ain’t gonna make Simmons any better

Sixers been constantly brining in players to compliment Simmons and the same **** always happens: Simmons doesn’t improve and we’re expecting guys who are at their peak to continue to change their game for Simmons to feel comfortable

that’s the problem. Same goes with Embiid conditioning, maybe he would’ve be so gassed if he didn’t have to carry a 6’10 Aussie on his back every playoffs
Simmons can and should go but Harris is still underperforming contract and expectations. He’s just a floater getting by because there’s a worse contract on his team.

And nah Embiid’s conditioning was more than fine this year. Considering minutes he contributed on a torn meniscus.

Simmons can and should go but Harris is still underperforming contract and expectations. He’s just a floater getting by because there’s a worse contract on his team.

And nah Embiid’s conditioning was more than fine this year. Considering minutes he contributed on a torn meniscus.

In some ways, Ben and Tobias underperforming are connected. Tobias is best suited to be a number 3 or 4 guy, which is what the Sixers had in mind when they brought him in. But because of Ben’s limitations, he had to be the number 2 offensive option behind Embiid. If Ben was better, Tobias might have been more efficient/effective. But both of them are what they are, which means both not playing to contract expectations.

I’m not saying his conditioning was bad this year. But there’s a correlation, Simmons isn’t taking any pressure off Embiid so Embiid is doing more and tiring himself out

compared to last year, Tobias has been much better and he’s still technically playing out of position because of Simmons. Tobias likes to operate in the post but he can’t when Simmons wants to stand in the dunkers spot. All I’m saying is that Tobias played up to his contract this season, he had some struggles in the PO but he wasn’t as bad as he was last year. He can still get better and I trust he will compared to Ben

Tobias is overpaid, and you pretty much got what you expect out of him this year. The fact he has a max, yeah he def didnt live up to it, but he shoudnt of gotten that much to begin with.

Kemba just got load managed all year, only to get injured again immediately in the playoffs. He's a good dude, and is solid when actually healthy, but I just don't think he can be trusted physically at this point. Would probably see what else could be done if I were Philly.

If even Kemba is an absolute dud and just matching salary, the Sixers can package the picks they get from OKC and a young player or 2 on their roster and get an available star or just try to draft.

If I'm OKC and I get 2 and 7 tomorrow night, I'm absolutely trading 7 and another 1st with Kemba for Ben Simmons.

Tobias is making $40M a year.

He had 4 points in game 5.

24 points on 24 shots tonight.

I’m letting someone else pay him and Ben.

If even Kemba is an absolute dud and just matching salary, the Sixers can package the picks they get from OKC and a young player or 2 on their roster and get an available star or just try to draft.

If I'm OKC and I get 2 and 7 tomorrow night, I'm absolutely trading 7 and another 1st with Kemba for Ben Simmons.
I'd rather just draft Scottie Barnes who I can pay $7M instead of Simmons at $35M for similar production.

All comes down to them being "all-in" but not willing to pay Jimmy Bunyan. Closed their window.
I don’t think that’s what happened, is it? Didn’t they want to pay Jimmy but he wanted to go to Miami no matter what

I don’t think that’s what happened, is it? Didn’t they want to pay Jimmy but he wanted to go to Miami no matter what
Nah, it was basically Brett Brown given the choice of Ben or Jimmy. Brett (and the org) convinced themselves that Ben was the guy

That sounds great but that's not how reality works.

It's not even 50/50 Barnes ever becomes what Ben is now let alone during his rookie contract
It's Oklahoma City. Build through the draft.

Why do you want Ben Simmons, who has attitude issues, doesn't add more to his game, and literally won't shoot, on THIS CONTRACT on your books?

Screen Shot 2021-06-21 at 11.14.06 AM.png

Collins looking like hes worth like 20 per again. He’s been good on D surprisingly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom