🍎 OFFICIAL NEW YORK METS THREAD 🍎: OMG Grimace

If we trade guys like Bruce, Granderson, Walker, who have expiring contracts this year, i hope its a good trade. Otherwise, I think its wise to keep them, let them go at the end of the year and have more $ in the off-season.

Am I the only 1 here who wants to keep Bruce after this season? The guys producing at an all-star level again this season.

The problem according to beat writers is that Conforto needs to play to his strength and be in corner. I don't buy it. He's decent at center. I don't want to sacrifice offense for a marginal bat and ok defense which is this year's OF class at center.

The Post has a terrible article in today's paper blaming the Mets lack of foresight by not signing Justin Turner and drafting Corey Seager. Turner was average at best in New York and you can't predict a draft pick. Cecchini unfortunately wasn't the shortstop they'd thought he'd be. You can play that game all day if you're going to scrutinize draft picks.

Buster Olney‏Verified account @Buster_ESPN 17m17 minutes ago
Sources: Mets open for business now, willing to listen to offers for Granderson, Addison Reed, Bruce, Cabrera, etc. Far behind in races.

It seems Mets have called a white flag this season

Last edited:
Season was over like 6 weeks ago. Hoping they get some value back here. If not, might as well keep the guys and not just help another team for no reason.

Six runs in the inning. The Giants and Mets were in the WC game last year and are among the worst teams in the league. Regardless, if they win this could be a nice confidence builder.

8 out of 9 Mets players get a hit each already tonight

Last edited:
Inning was a disaster for Lugo. Looked like he'd go at least seven. Doesn't make it past 5 2/3.

What's up with some fans in the west coast?

First, baby incident and now fan interference two nights in a row

Duda just passed Alfonzo in Mets' all-time homers

Last edited:
Sweep for the Mets. Although they're bad themselves, if they want to salvage this season, what's left of this road trip may be their last good shot before things start to get real.

Buster Olney‏Verified account @Buster_ESPN 17m17 minutes ago
Sources: Mets open for business now, willing to listen to offers for Granderson, Addison Reed, Bruce, Cabrera, etc. Far behind in races.

It seems Mets have called a white flag this season

Add D'arnaud to that list.

This season appears to be a wash but its not like we're starting from scratch. No reason why we shouldnt be in contention next season. I'd like to see us keeping Bruce and Reed. We'll need those 2 for the chip next season.

I won't be mad if Alderson was bluffing the fire sale thing to tell players to step up their games

2017 Mets set a new club record for most homers in one month - 46

This is interesting
View media item 2476361

Last edited:
^
Hard hit rate looks like a use-less stat. Youre watching video and deciding how hard the balls hit. I think MLB has too many stats as is. Not necessary.

Most HR in a season is quite impressive and interesting.

Heres a look at would could be our future concerning prospects not named (A.Rosario or D.Smith)

https://www.sny.tv/mets/news/the-ford-five-under-the-radar-mets-prospects/239031914

As per the link i posted, #2 Luis Guillorme
"Viewed as the best defensive player in the Mets' system and perhaps the best defensive player the team has developed since Rey Ordonez, Guillorme wowed fans during spring training with his one-handed bat catch."

The best defensive player since Ordonez? :x

Be sure to watch the video in the link i posted. Dude actually caught a bat with one hand. He's got guts and great hands.

Back
Top Bottom