🍎 OFFICIAL NEW YORK METS THREAD 🍎: @ St.Louis 5/6-5/8

Nimmo couldn’t crack the roster last year bt sure let’s keep him over cutch and Harrison.

Nimmo can contribute now and for the next 4/5 years for a good price. Cutch is on the opposite end of his career while Nimmos is going up. We know Collins had his favorites who got more playing time then some deserved.

I think we'll look back at this trade that didnt happen and enjoy the fruits of the Nimmo tree. lolol

On another note, I dont see any photos of this jersey being worn on field.
baerga front.jpg
baerga back.jpg

Never seen this style before. How you guys like?

not feeling that style, but respect the baerga purchase.

i'm ok with not getting all big name FA's. what's another few yrs of mediocrity. just hope we build a sustainable winning team for years. and get lucky, sooner than later haha

Rarely means its still possible.

Do you see Daniel Murphy?
Murphy always was a good contact hitter, he just altered his swing to hit for more power.

You don’t sit on a guy of this caliber instead grabbing McCutchen because he’s a better alternative. All this shows is that he Mets don’t believe they can compete and they want to save money. It’s a joke.

Murphy always was a good contact hitter, he just altered his swing to hit for more power.

You don’t sit on a guy of this caliber instead grabbing McCutchen because he’s a better alternative. All this shows is that he Mets don’t believe they can compete and they want to save money. It’s a joke.

Its not prudent to give up on a guy whos MLB career in total is 250 AB's.

The Mets have done a decent job of putting together a contender without hurting their future by keeping Nimmo. Chances are after the 2018 season, Mets wouldnt be able to afford to sign Cutch. I wouldnt trade Nimmo for 1 year of Cutch.

afford and not wanting to pay are two different things. im just tired of this franchise pulling this ****. if you dont want to compete just blow it up and rebuild. dont jerk me off by signing jay bruce and adrian gonzalez.

afford and not wanting to pay are two different things. im just tired of this franchise pulling this ****. if you dont want to compete just blow it up and rebuild. dont jerk me off by signing jay bruce and adrian gonzalez.

I hear ya.

On another note, Ive been busy on Ebay :evil:

Im not a fan of Montero but the jersey was a steal and I wanted this edition for my collection ( I have the Mothers Day and Stars&Stripes as well).
montero front.jpg

montero back.jpg

Im having a hard time finding the matching fitted for the fathers day jersey. If anyone knows where I can find a 7 1/2 or 7 5/8, shoot me a pm.

Gracias

We got Todd Frazier for 2 years, $17Mil (8 mil in 2018 and 9mil in 2019). The guy is a HR hitter, with 102 in the last 3 seasons and is averaging 25/yr.
frazier.jpg
olney.JPG

Im ok with this signing. Good defense and some pop. I hope Frazier continues with his Walk rate.

The team seems like it’s slowly coming together. But that could all be in vain if the injury plague comes roaring back.

The team seems like it’s slowly coming together. But that could all be in vain if the injury plague comes roaring back.

I trust the injury plague will stay away.

Mets started the off-season by changing the entire medical/training/coaching staff and it will hopefully pay off. This has been a very active and productive off-season by the Mets and I am pleased.

Back
Top Bottom