🍎 OFFICIAL NEW YORK METS THREAD 🍎: V.s. Phillies 5/13-5/16

They shouldn’t trade them just for the sake of trading them. But if a team is willing to overpay in the form of top prospects and cheap quality young position player talent that can contribute right away, it’s worth considering.

When you’re a dead franchise going nowhere, no one should be deemed untouchable. I’d be more optimistic if I trusted Sandy’s ability to evaluate talent though.

The farm system is dry, minimal quality young talent in the minors.

The organization has long lacked identity and a consistent direction though. Guys like Bruce and Frazier are good baseball players but bad fits in this team. The team needs hitting, guys who can consistently get on base and speed, not boom or bust .240 hitters who hit a bunch of solo shots and garbage time home runs that pad their stats.

If this happened, fans aren't sitting through another rebuild especially one from a front office that cannot identify talent. They would risk losing a generation, especially older fans who spend money and aren't getting younger.

I think this is why the Mets hired Omar Minaya this past winter. He's a decent, if not very good, scout.

Jeurys Familia is an awful, awful pitcher. Let Gsellman close. Familia has blown four games in seventeen chances this year; three of them games deGrom has pitched in. They scored four runs total against the worst team in baseball. Disgraceful.

deGrom is a good man. He shows his support to Familia after his blown

Nimmo has been marvelous

Matz with his second 6 inning game this month. A good sign

Alderson's offseason continues to look bad. Bruce can't hit or play defense in the outfield (3/39) and Jason Vargas can't hold onto a 3-0 cushion without immediately giving it back (2/16).

Whenever I see that Ilerraj is the last post, I already know the Mets are lost or losing. But I did not expect to see that score just now. Holy **** this season is a wash.

Callaway was visibly frustrated and agitated during the post game. The quotes you see from the beat writers are misleading without context. For someone who has tried to keep his cool, he is losing his patience with the front office that has handicapped him.

Vargas thought he pitched a good game. I couldn't believe what I was watching. He had control and location issues all game. His fastball topped out at 88. That's not a major league fastball. That's a pitcher whose arm is shot and has a job only because the owners and GM are cheap and don't know how to evaluate talent.

AJ Ramos is a lost cause at this point. This isn't a mental issue. Even in Miami he was erratic on the mound.

Thank goodness they had that hot start. They're treading water because of it.

Mets pitching. Disaster. Utter and complete disaster. They just can't hold leads.

Mickey Callaway just lost another game for the Mets by going to Blevins. Unreal. He's not a good manager.

Gsellman is a long inning reliever. Trust him. Callaway uses bull**** analytics to undercut his staff and it blows up in his face every, single game. Blevins, like Ramos, has not gotten anyone out all year. Why do you go to him there?

Its been a rough stretch for this team.

smh

Vargas cant pitch

Im ok with Ramos leaving and J.Fam not coming back after this season.

Can we salvage this season? I dont know.

How many times has DeGrom pitched a gem for us only to get another no-decision?

Callaway has been awful. He needs to take it easy with his instinct

Syndergaard to DL once again

My boycott starts now. Mets fans are too dumb to show their displeasure with their wallets like Dodgers fans did. Sandy Alderson is a disgrace.

I boycotted in 13/14.
If we are sub 500 at the end of the season, I'm boycotting another year.

Canceling cable and not having SNY helps .

At Some Point You Run Out Of Words To Describe What Befalls This Team On A Day By Day, Week By Week, Year By Year Basis...

Back
Top Bottom