🎾 OFFICIAL AGASSI RETRO THREAD - ATC II 2024 Hot Lava and 2025 Pink Racer🎾

If you aren't going to include the 1's the Hot lava II's without a doubt would be considered his "break out" shoe. It's probably his most recognizable shoe to date. Even Andre said the French Open was considering going to all white because of his shoes and clothes. It changed tennis shoes for the better and revolutionized the tennis and sneaker industry. The volt III's are up there too. Even people who don't know much about shoes can generally tell you it's an Agassi shoe.

These commercials that Nike put out were just awesome.

And as stated from the man himself.

Last edited:
With all the conjecture regarding a US release, I'm glad I went ahead and kopped from SJS. I have never, ever even considered buying shoes from a different country but, like many in this thread, I've been waiting for this opportunity for a mighty long time. I hope and pray that they do release here in the States because if they don't , it just wouldn't be right. I will def double up if they do. If they don't, I'm good. I just hope that everyone who wants them can get them. They're that nice.
what is SJS ? I wanna order a pair.

I got these horrid things for 40 and street hooped in em.
Wasnt too bad at all, comfort was reasonable but i was always wondering if nike bothered putting the forefoot air bag inside.
View media item 2125185
So now they are dead i checked.
View media item 2125186As anticipated....pure styro foam.

This post was in no way meant to slander this recent actual agassi release or anyone who is buying them, or has bought them.

It is purely for anyone who may have been wondering about how nike has been doing a shoe with a similar midsole.

They're all like this. Lifestyle shoe now. Crazy. That's why I'm confused when ppl trip over the tiny aesthetic details like eyelet color. They should have forefoot zoom if not simple air. But Styrofoam? Shame.

i could agree with lava 2 being his actual breakout shoe. although i believe the volt 3 is way more recognizable by the masses, which coupled with the sick design was why i said the 3, but i can't really dispute the 2.

View media item 2125313feel TTS to -0.5 like hybrid denims on my feet.
and agree about freedom of moving toes in them def
may double up for indoors if frontline is strong
verycomfy
rainny friday night out
pade the mud test, soaked left foot on first day
the suede brush cleans easy... unlike laces
about shirt both white and black def suit the IVs
hope nike make many more for us all !
:nerd:

Last edited:
just curious... for how many in this thread is this shoe actually grail of all grails status like it is for me? (cerise and marina)
not only is it beyond beautiful, but also the comfort level of this shoe is on 100. this retro is like walking on pillows. the padding and overall softness to the foot is amazing. i honestly can't think of a more comfy shoe right now. so happy to have been able to double on SJS. never ever letting go of these. honestly haven't been this happy about having a pair of kicks literally since childhood. it's crazy. so looking forward to marinas!

yesterday...
33a6q87.jpg

Hey CCK, these are probably #2 grail of all time to me, after the Lava ATCII. Once I got the original retro back in 2008, all I wished for was the ATC IV to come back. Don't know if you read my post where I posted my photos from Wednesday when they arrived, but my story for getting these was 25 years in the making (I turn 40 on the 2nd).

Grew up watching & idolizing Agassi. He got me into tennis. He showed me that you didn't need to dress in all white and "preppy" to play this sport (where I lived, there was ONE tennis club that if you were a member, people knew you had money. That wasn't my family AT ALL).

Practiced hitting against our garage wall onto stone and grass with my MacGregor racquet. This was in 88-89. As I got better, I got a Donnay (not a Pro One). I got better all from watching him hit (learned spin). Loved the shoes from day one (ATC 1 & II). Remember the '90 Open when he beat Becker to get to the finals wearing the Volt III's. The next year, LOVED the design of the IV's.

Went to the local golf & tennis store in my town (Bogey Bill's). It was in a strip mall with a Suncoast Video & chain grocery store. When I walked back to the tennis gear in 91 (I was 15), they always leave the Nike catalog for that season out for everyone to look at. This is the infamous catalog that Nike really didn't want customers to see. Only retailers. While they couldn't order basketball gear, they had a tennis account. In the catalog were the IV's I saw Andre wearing. I so badly wanted to order a pair, but I never did. I himmed and hawed but never did. I missed them. Bummed for a long time.

I got the gold Challenge Huarache for 10th grade JV tennis team. But I never forgot those IV's. Always looked on eBay when that site when live, but never found a pair. THIS release brings me back to that day in the store looking at that catalog in a mom & pop tennis store. When nothing else mattered. THIS release means A LOT to me. A shoe I NEVER thought would come back (only in my dreams).

When Kham posted that link that morning, I didn't hesitate one bit. The 10% was the cherry on the sundae. I can't thank him enough for posting it. Never tracked shoes as much as I did these (big shout out to DHL for the killer updates). When they arrived, I actually took a breath before I opened them. 25 years I waited. Was surreal looking at them. These mean A LOT to me & when I wore them on Thursday, I kinda felt like my 15 year old self without a care in the world. Sorry for the long post. This shoe is THE ONE for me!!! Thanks for reading everyone. [emoji]128077[/emoji]

Last edited:
You earned the rep my friend. 05fordgt 05fordgt

Edit - I too enjoyed pulling in to the local shoe shop and walking up to the counter for that catalog. That's how I found that Volt 3.

Last edited:
I was able to order my IV's from the nike book back then. First one to rock them way before they released. Those books were awesome.

Last edited:
just curious... for how many in this thread is this shoe actually grail of all grails status like it is for me? (cerise and marina)
not only is it beyond beautiful, but also the comfort level of this shoe is on 100. this retro is like walking on pillows. the padding and overall softness to the foot is amazing. i honestly can't think of a more comfy shoe right now. so happy to have been able to double on SJS. never ever letting go of these. honestly haven't been this happy about having a pair of kicks literally since childhood. it's crazy. so looking forward to marinas!

yesterday...
33a6q87.jpg

Hey CCK, these are probably #2 grail of all time to me, after the Lava ATCII. Once I got the original retro back in 2008, all I wished for was the ATC IV to come back. Don't know if you read my post where I posted my photos from Wednesday when they arrived, but my story for getting these was 25 years in the making (I turn 40 on the 2nd).

Grew up watching & idolizing Agassi. He got me into tennis. He showed me that you didn't need to dress in all white and "preppy" to play this sport (where I lived, there was ONE tennis club that if you were a member, people knew you had money. That wasn't my family AT ALL).

Practiced hitting against our garage wall onto stone and grass with my MacGregor racquet. This was in 88-89. As I got better, I got a Donnay (not a Pro One). I got better all from watching him hit (learned spin). Loved the shoes from day one (ATC 1 & II). Remember the '90 Open when he beat Becker to get to the finals wearing the Volt III's. The next year, LOVED the design of the IV's.

Went to the local golf & tennis store in my town (Bogey Bill's). It was in a strip mall with a Suncoast Video & chain grocery store. When I walked back to the tennis gear in 91 (I was 15), they always leave the Nike catalog for that season out for everyone to look at. This is the infamous catalog that Nike really didn't want customers to see. Only retailers. While they couldn't order basketball gear, they had a tennis account. In the catalog were the IV's I saw Andre wearing. I so badly wanted to order a pair, but I never did. I himmed and hawed but never did. I missed them. Bummed for a long time.

I got the gold Challenge Huarache for 10th grade JV tennis team. But I never forgot those IV's. Always looked on eBay when that site when live, but never found a pair. THIS release brings me back to that day in the store looking at that catalog in a mom & pop tennis store. When nothing else mattered. THIS release means A LOT to me. A shoe I NEVER thought would come back (only in my dreams).

When Kham posted that link that morning, I didn't hesitate one bit. The 10% was the cherry on the sundae. I can't thank him enough for posting it. Never tracked shoes as much as I did these (big shout out to DHL for the killer updates). When they arrived, I actually took a breath before I opened them. 25 years I waited. Was surreal looking at them. These mean A LOT to me & when I wore them on Thursday, I kinda felt like my 15 year old self without a care in the world. Sorry for the long post. This shoe is THE ONE for me!!! Thanks for reading everyone. [emoji]128077[/emoji]

wow. repped. i read every word. i respect and appreciate this post so much because i can see u loved/love this shoe almost as much as i did/do. i only say almost bc u put the lava 2s 1st. either way much respect and i'm happy u got them. like u said kham kham is owed so many reps right now it isn't even funny. he's the reason i was able to secure my size. i low key love that guy!

You earned the rep my friend. 05fordgt 05fordgt

Edit - I too enjoyed pulling in to the local shoe shop and walking up to the counter for that catalog. That's how I found that Volt 3.

I was able to order my IV's from the nike book back then. First one to rock them way before they released. Those books were awesome.

Thanks Ark! [emoji]128077[/emoji][emoji]128077[/emoji][emoji]128077[/emoji]

Ark & KB, those catalogs were the absolute best thing for shoe heads back in the day. After that mom & pop I mentioned closed up (was REALLY bummed when they did), I wound up finding an independent tennis retailer. Racquet Shack! She had her store in her back yard at her home! One of those real nice prefab garages you normally store lawnmowers/lawn care items, etc in (25x15 or something like that). She had a har-tru court in her back yard, fenced in and this "shack" next to it. Inside was AMAZING!

Every brand of racquet, string, a high end string machine (she was a stringer), balls, every brand of clothing of that time (Prince, Yonex, Dunlop, Slazinger, Lacoste, Head, Wilson, Reebok, Nike, and a wall of shoes! And that catalog! Remember the Monica Seles Air Haze, with the guitar on the sole? She had those there.

She was the one I ordered my Challenge Huarache from & my Donnay Ultimate Pro Mid. Once she got to know me, she would call me when she got the newest Nike catalog in, so I could look through it, and see if I wanted to order anything.

To us older heads, that catalog was our "internet" per say, as it showed us what was coming out months in advance. I became a regular customer as I ordered my Challenge Huaraches, Flares, LWPs, Alarm, Zoom Challenge 1 & 2, Ablaze, Pounce & Zoom Beyond. Sadly, she moved to Florida so her daughter could practice at Bollettieri's (she was very talented as a freshman in HS. #1 on varsity), so I lost my place to by from.

She always discounted the shoes & Agassi clothes very well (below retail by a decent margin) as well as the racquets (got into the 28" long racquet craze during that time). I really miss that store.

Last edited:
wow. repped. i read every word. i respect and appreciate this post so much because i can see u loved/love this shoe almost as much as i did/do. i only say almost bc u put the lava 2s 1st. either way much respect and i'm happy u got them. like u said kham kham is owed so many reps right now it isn't even funny. he's the reason i was able to secure my size. i low key love that guy!

Thanks CCK. The only reason I put the Lava ATC II's first was because THAT was the shoe I remember seeing Andre play in first. I watched him live on TV. Especially the '90 French, when he lost to Gomez. I was so sure he was going to win. I cried when he lost.

I put them 1st as that shoe (and outfit) showed me that you didn't have to wear mostly white when playing tennis. You could wear something cool to stand out & not get in trouble. And when I eyed the shoes, I went crazy. That goes back to my first pair of expensive shoes.

Mom took me to a mom & pop place in Lansdale Pennsylvania called Dimmers (some memberson here know the place). They had EVERYTHING. And I mean everything!! It was '89 going into '90 and I was in 7th grade. Went there to get the ATC II's in the Lava color. They were $79.99. But what was below for only $10 more? Black/Red Air Jordan IV. Mom told me if I wanted them, I had to care for them like they were a first born child (cleaned them every day, sharpied in the midsole when the color wore down, no wearing in the rain).

So I got the Jordans (I was and still am a HUGE Jordan fan). But I never had the IIs till they came back in '08. The Lava was the shoe to tell me tennis could be fun and you can wear different things and not get in trouble (unless you were at Wimbledon, lol).

That's why the II is #1 for me. The ATC IV is like a 1a to me. Hope you understand. Repped buddy. [emoji]128077[/emoji]

Last edited:
This thread is really one of the best. No hype just real posts about people who love there kicks in here. Really love reading all the posts in here!

I'm a younger guy so I don't have the same kind of nostalgic love for these shoes like ou guys have when these originally dropped

I got a feeling these 4s are following the same direction of the uptempos. Releasing in drips and draps and selling out almost instantly.
I have that feeling as well and when Nike finally drops them stateside they can expect to sell them faster. It sucks for the consumer since we can't see them sit and have an easier time buying but can't knock them for doing what they're doing

Back
Top Bottom