🎾 OFFICIAL AGASSI RETRO THREAD - ATC II 2024 Hot Lava and 2025 Pink Racer🎾

With all the conjecture regarding a US release, I'm glad I went ahead and kopped from SJS. I have never, ever even considered buying shoes from a different country but, like many in this thread, I've been waiting for this opportunity for a mighty long time. I hope and pray that they do release here in the States because if they don't , it just wouldn't be right. I will def double up if they do. If they don't, I'm good. I just hope that everyone who wants them can get them. They're that nice.

just curious... for how many in this thread is this shoe actually grail of all grails status like it is for me? (cerise and marina)
not only is it beyond beautiful, but also the comfort level of this shoe is on 100. this retro is like walking on pillows. the padding and overall softness to the foot is amazing. i honestly can't think of a more comfy shoe right now. so happy to have been able to double on SJS. never ever letting go of these. honestly haven't been this happy about having a pair of kicks literally since childhood. it's crazy. so looking forward to marinas!

yesterday...
33a6q87.jpg

Last edited:
just curious... for how many in this thread is this shoe actually grail of all grails status like it is for me? (cerise and marina)
not only is it beyond beautiful, but also the comfort level of this shoe is on 100. this retro is like walking on pillows. the padding and overall softness to the foot is amazing. i honestly can't think of a more comfy shoe right now. so happy to have been able to double on SJS. never ever letting go of these. honestly haven't been this happy about having a pair of kicks literally since childhood. it's crazy. so looking forward to marinas!

yesterday...f
33a6q87.jpg

Probably my all time favourite nike shoe. Yes the comfort on these are amazing. Hopefully they'll bring back the marinas.

not only is it beyond beautiful, but also the comfort level of this shoe is on
ATC4 retro is my 2nd favorite Nike silhouette after the AM1 retro and that says enough about how much i like them i think, and normally i am a true AM dude to the bone, i always wanted the black marina cw when they came out in 91/92 too bad they didnt sold the GS version from them at my foot locker back in the days
mean.gif
so my current favorite Nike models are 1. AM1, 2. ATC4 3. AML 4. AM90 5. AM95

mad.gif
 yesterday around 8:15 am CEST i fell asleep on the couch, i almost missed out on the 4s luckily i woke up around 10:40 am CEST i directly run to my laptop and clicked on the twitter link from Nike EU twitter page and saw that they still had my size available ''pfieeeuw''
smokin.gif

yesterday...

The '91s were my favorite shoe of all time, but those were my formative years after all.  The LWP was more comfortable, but style-wise the 91s couldn't be beat.

These '16s are great, and the '09 Hybrids really just didn't get the job done.  I still have no idea why Hybrids are a thing when they were retroing IIs and IIIs that were all better anyway.

In '13 I got some of the galaxy and lightning Hyperflight Superheros which made for some good competition in the style department although I realize those are more polarizing.
glasses.gif

What can I say, in my IT job comfort doesn't really matter much.  Heh.  When comfort matters I have modern shoes...

Maybe the best indicator is that I was willing to pay retail for these, and will do so to double up if I can.  I wasn't willing to pay that for the Volt IIIs or the Hyperflights.

-Daver

US Release cannot be far off. Complete agree with CHARMCITY. These stand out in my memories of childhood as some of my favorites worn along with medicine ball at3 and chlorophyll at1. When I found out my mom gave my totally beat pair of Marinas to my cousin I nearly lost my *$#% on her. The combination of color, little details, and comfort make this an absolute classic IMO.

This has been an endeavour for me for many years. I'm so happy with the 2016 ATC 3/4 OG Cerise release. I literally played in every model represented here and even beyond the ATC line (Hua, Flare, Future, LWP, etc.). I'm glad I'm amongst those who appreciate the past to influence the future!

View media item 2124684

Man, just wished they could make the 2's with that sleek elegant look. Not a fan of the retros.

Yep, defintely right up there for me on the grail-list along with the 3's... not only cuz of how they look, but also cuz of the memories.  

Didn't have the OG Not-Ginger's Marina's, so if those do retro, it'll be a different kind of excitement! 

wow, very interesting to read your responses. i had no idea that this shoe was this revered by ppl. over the years i haven't heard anyone speak of it or talk it up or any of that so it's def cool to see ppl appreciate it as much as i did/do. over all these years, i thought i was one of very few who felt THIS strongly about this particular shoe.

:nthat:

thx carolinakickg carolinakickg much appreciated. yeah, u should def. cop if u get the chance. u won't be disappointed!

The_SPS The_SPS nice pic of the OGs man, is that your collection? those marinas and white/dark grape-cerise ATC3 are on fire!

Last edited:
wow, very interesting to read your responses. i had no idea that this shoe was this revered by ppl. over the years i've heard anyone speak of it or talk it up or any of that so it's def cool to so ppl appreciate it as much as i did/do. over all these years, i thought i was one of very few who felt THIS strongly about this particular shoe.

nthat.gif

thx @CarolinaKickG much appreciated. yeah, u should def. cop if u get the chance. u won't be disappointed!

@druheezy nice pic of the OGs man, is that your collection? those marinas and white/dark grape-cerise ATC3 are on fire!
Yeah, I was surprised as well.  Back in '92 or so it seemed like the Volt/Emerald ATC IIIs blew everyone away, and the ATC IV that came after just wasn't surprising or very interesting anymore, but Agassi's career was also a bit rocky then so maybe his popularity drove the shoes more than the shoes themselves.

Even today people sorta recognize and recall the Volt IIIs as Agassi's but see the IV and "wow its cool but wtf is that"?
happy.gif

Even for myself the Volt IIIs are Agassi's defining break-out style/shoe I suppose, just not the one I like best for myself.

-Daver

The_SPS The_SPS nice pic of the OGs man, is that your collection? those marinas and white/dark grape-cerise ATC3 are on fire!

Yes. I have been piecing together a mostly DS Agassi signature line for the past 5-6 years. Forgot to put the blue ATC III's in this shot. [emoji]128542[/emoji]

Last edited:
4's are my holy grail. Just loved how different they were at that time. Gonna be lurking until marinas come out. lol And they better be on the list to retro!!!!
2 lava and 3 volt are tied for second for me
Also was a fan of the bo Jackson trainers. Had a few different colors of those back in the day

1-4 are all grails. These are just getting a ton of attention because they haven't retroed this cw yet and it's a 3/4.

Last edited:
yeah, i agree volt 3 is agassi's breakout "defining" shoe that is def. recognized by most, but imo NOTHING is touching the silhouette, design language, color blocking and initial colorways of the 4. i loved the 2 as a child and def. had several pairs. i was captivated and was mesmerized by the 3 although i never had OGs (foolishly chose reebok michael chang tennis pumps over volts :x ) and was completely mind blown by and enamored with the 4, of which i had cerise and marina colorways. those were so dope back then, when my dad took me to buy mine, he actually bought them for himself as well (cerise AND marina).

i showed him the retro cerise the other day and a huge smile came across his face. the nostalgia. he remembered clearly and was just saying how beautiful of a shoe it was and still is 25 years later. just like me, atc4, jordan 3 & 4, and jordan 11 he always liked and appreciated and those were shoes that he had always bought for himself as well when he got me mine back in the day, which i always thought was so dope.

ATC3 Volt for me. I was the first one in my high school with them. So for me it's all nostalgia. As a kid I was pissed Nike had use the same 3 midsole for the 4. So much so that I passed on the ATC4. That said, I was back with Agassi when the Huaraches came out. Looking back I like the design of the 4 and especially like the OG Kiwi color way. Jimmy Connors!! (Which I'm told should be available before end of the year)

Last edited:
Another thing with the 4's is that, IIRC, these were the 1st or one of the 1st predominantly-black tennis shoes... unheard of at the time.  1-3 pushed the envelope with the colors... 4 followed up with the use of black and loud-colors. 

Back
Top Bottom