🎾 OFFICIAL AGASSI RETRO THREAD - ATC II 2024 Hot Lava and 2025 Pink Racer🎾

What I have seen is the colors are navy, green, and red. Kind of nikecourt from the moya Hewitt times.

Yep, that’s what Ive seen. And those colors match up with the ATC4.

Cyber + Light Concord + Solar = Kiwi 4.
Light Concord + Laser Crimson + Solar = Cerise 4.
Not the same names as before but the colors are eerily close to OG.
A308A55E-6962-4D54-B4DE-5063071D7923.jpeg

67441D81-D4E2-496D-B87F-8CA4C3B26609.jpeg
6ED2D335-C7F4-4D98-8E05-B66AB0F222AD.jpeg
BAE5A9B7-7C5E-40D8-8ECC-AB41CC2C3E1D.jpeg

Last edited:
Obvs, the line was really popular in here and for a lot of the generation that lived thru that era... but I genuinely wonder how well that line really did. How its sales was vs. past Nike Court lines. Of course, you have to take into account the pandemic. 🤔

Well all I know is it seemed to cause a lot of issues with tennis express as their customer service became horrible so I think it had to be a major success. I'd like to see the numbers but we all saw the polos and jackets and pants fly off the shelves. I remember reading an article saying how they brought it back because Nike's tennis sales were down. I' think they have to retro the IV's this year for the 30th anniversary and his 91 US Open outfit.

Last edited:
I washed it inside out and couldn’t tell if the shiny black print is what discolored the shirt.
It’s not from the print it’s from something else in the wash....get that oxy clean wash by itself might take a few times to get it completely bright again but you should see results right away...I’ve washed mine several times still looks new

Anyone try to distress the big boxey tee? Or tailor it to fit better?

Attachments

• 0C6E94F9-71BF-48C0-9139-FB801B8E02E0.jpeg
    0C6E94F9-71BF-48C0-9139-FB801B8E02E0.jpeg
    11.1 KB · Views: 511
It must be some young kid running the tennistv account that never saw that shot, Don’t be including us on that, I watched the match live.

Same here. Was glued to my TV on channel USA watching how well Corretja was playing him. Was scared Agassi would lose! When he ran to that ball and took that blind swing, I freaked when I saw that shot & it passed Alex! 🙏

Shhh.. not me lol. I never into Tennis like that as a kid so I appreciate these. I figured Agassi was like the Jordan of Tennis (not sure if that's right) so seeing the wild stuff is GREAT.

I thought Jordan wasn't human in the 90s.

It must be some young kid running the tennistv account that never saw that shot, Don’t be including us on that, I watched the match live.
Same here. Was glued to my TV on channel USA watching how well Corretja was playing him. Was scared Agassi would lose! When he ran to that ball and took that blind swing, I freaked when I saw that shot & it passed Alex! 🙏
:lol:
Yeah, I never played tennis, barely watched tennis, and I vividly remember seeing both those shots when they happened. Probably on SC. That said, though I didn't actually care about tennis per se, I realized it was epic sports to watch Agassi, especially Agassi v Sampras and those epic battles. Highly doubt I was watching the above two matches live, though. And yet I still saw those shots probably the day they happened.

Shhh.. not me lol. I never into Tennis like that as a kid so I appreciate these. I figured Agassi was like the Jordan of Tennis (not sure if that's right) so seeing the wild stuff is GREAT.

I thought Jordan wasn't human in the 90s.
:lol:
Yeah, I never played tennis, barely watched tennis, and I vividly remember seeing both those shots when they happened. Probably on SC. That said, though I didn't actually care about tennis per se, I realized it was epic sports to watch Agassi, especially Agassi v Sampras and those epic battles. Highly doubt I was watching the above two matches live, though. And yet I still saw those shots probably the day they happened.

I'm the total opposite of you guys. 44, and been playing tennis since 1989 when I first saw a young kid with long hair on TV with style! He got me into playing and he showed me that you didn't have to wear all white and be part of some stuffy country club to enjoy this game!

Then I saw THE outfit in the end of 1989 when he unveiled the Hot Lava kit! That video we've seen when he was wearing an all white warmup and took it off and he had on the hot lava spandex under denim shorts, the lava and black shirt and the ATC II's in hot lava! That was such a cool time and video. People were cheering and honestly didn't know what to think of it, when they saw it the first time.

Was a cool video as they were talking to Ian Hamilton (the head of Nike Tennis at the time) about the new look and the spandex (which was only used by basketball players at the time. So glad I started playing. It's such an awesome sport to play and one that you can get REALLY good at. Not pro level, but good enough to really make you feel good about playing.

Back
Top Bottom