🎾 OFFICIAL AGASSI RETRO THREAD - ATC II 2024 Hot Lava “aged” retro 🎾

I'm sorry, but seeing Andre rep for pickleball is SAD. Very, very, very sad.
So? What's the big deal? I really don't get the hate from tennis players, I really don't! It's like this sport is beneath tennis players. I played since I was 12 (im 47 now). Andre got me into it. I learned to hit from watching him play and his Attack Tennis VHS tape. Hit against my parents garage wall onto a stone and grass driveway.

I have a set of pickleball paddles. It's a fun sport for those who aren't coordinated enough for tennis or just can't get the swing down. If I had my choice, yes, I'd play tennis, but sometimes, friends of mine don't play tennis but can hit a pickleball back and forth. 👍

So? What's the big deal? I really don't get the hate from tennis players, I really don't! It's like this sport is beneath tennis players. I played since I was 12 (im 47 now). Andre got me into it. I learned to hit from watching him play and his Attack Tennis VHS tape. Hit against my parents garage wall onto a stone and grass driveway.

I have a set of pickleball paddles. It's a fun sport for those who aren't coordinated enough for tennis or just can't get the swing down. If I had my choice, yes, I'd play tennis, but sometimes, friends of mine don't play tennis but can hit a pickleball back and forth. 👍
There is nothing wrong with enjoying the game.

If you like to play pickleball then more power to you. 👍

In the case of Andre Agassi, he made his career in the sport of tennis.

Since tennis is clearly going through a bit of a down time, it would be nice to see him involved in the sport a bit more.

Maybe playing an exhibition match against Federer, Courier, or Sampras.

I feel that with all of these former players abandoning tennis (in favor of pickleball) it sends the message that the future of tennis might not be a very bright one.

I'm sure Andre and other retired tennis players are getting a pretty penny to promote pickleball. Doubt ATP/WTA/USTA would do the same.

I’m sure you have all read Andre’s autobiography and already know this, but he says he hates tennis and always has. Maybe his feelings have changed but I’m not surprised he isn’t doing more to promote the sport.

I still have a ds pair of cerise. I'm NEVER letting them go. ATC 4 easily top 10 nike designs/silhouettes of all time. Ever!

If that's the only pair you have, I suggest to un-DS and start to wear them occasionally. That midsole is PU and will crumble over time, based on conditions of storage, humidity, temp, etc. I try to wear my pair at least a few times a month minimum. I want them to last as long as humanly possible.

If that's the only pair you have, I suggest to un-DS and start to wear them occasionally. That midsole is PU and will crumble over time, based on conditions of storage, humidity, temp, etc. I try to wear my pair at least a few times a month minimum. I want them to last as long as humanly possible.
I pretty much have just worn mine as much s humanly possible. Lol No Ragrats.

s-l1600 (81).jpg

I saw Andre in this outfit at MSG The blue warm up top and white black green stripe shirt Remember going out trying to find it to buy it. Wasn’t a lot of tennis shops by me
Eventually bought basically this whole line

Was some kind of exhibition. Forget who else was there lol.

I saw Andre in this outfit at MSG The blue warm up top and white black green stripe shirt Remember going out trying to find it to buy it. Wasn’t a lot of tennis shops by me
Eventually bought basically this whole line

Was some kind of exhibition. Forget who else was there lol.

I clearly remember going on eBay many years ago, and finding the white, black & green stripe shirt above, for sale, in pristine condition, for and I kid you not, $20! Needless to say, I snagged it. Love it. I wear it when I need to wear a collared shirt anytime.

That AZCII page is amazing. I don't think East Bay ever really put the whole collection on one page. Pretty legendary shoe and outfit even if it hit when Andre was at his lowest. I vividly remember Moya's AUS97 run to the finals, he started unseeded wearing the original AZC and a standard white crew in the early rounds, but by the Semi's (maybe sooner?) Nike had given him the black striped zip and the AZCIIs (Agassi wasn't around to show it off, might as well upgrade Moya). Agassi had worn the full outfit in Nov 96 at Hanover year end finals, but that was basically his last big event for a few months.

The sporting good store I worked out that never got any statement level Nike items actually got the shorts and two of the tops (No AZCIIs though), I had the full striped shirt/black shorts combo and shoes from another store, wore the whole outfit to a high school tournament and got crushed in the first round.

Still have the shirt in decent condition, still feels great, some of my favorite dri-fit material ever; shorts wore out about 5yrs ago. Wore my blue AZCIIs for as long as I could and eventually cut them apart in an attempt to extract the zoom units. Still have a AZCII deadstock in red/black, but afraid to touch them as the pull tabs leak dye everywhere. I had AZCII blue deadstock pair at some point around 2010 but I think they were too big and I traded them to a buddy, who played in them till the sole detached.

Wish this shoe got more exposure it seemed to have only a 6 month run before it was moved aside for the Ablaze. Allegedly Andre only wore it three times in ATP level play (per the MisZapas book).

Every time I see an Air Trainer 1 colorway sitting at sale price I wish for a ATC 2 drop with the same level of supply and demand.

That AZCII page is amazing. I don't think East Bay ever really put the whole collection on one page. Pretty legendary shoe and outfit even if it hit when Andre was at his lowest. I vividly remember Moya's AUS97 run to the finals, he started unseeded wearing the original AZC and a standard white crew in the early rounds, but by the Semi's (maybe sooner?) Nike had given him the black striped zip and the AZCIIs (Agassi wasn't around to show it off, might as well upgrade Moya). Agassi had worn the full outfit in Nov 96 at Hanover year end finals, but that was basically his last big event for a few months.

The sporting good store I worked out that never got any statement level Nike items actually got the shorts and two of the tops (No AZCIIs though), I had the full striped shirt/black shorts combo and shoes from another store, wore the whole outfit to a high school tournament and got crushed in the first round.

Still have the shirt in decent condition, still feels great, some of my favorite dri-fit material ever; shorts wore out about 5yrs ago. Wore my blue AZCIIs for as long as I could and eventually cut them apart in an attempt to extract the zoom units. Still have a AZCII deadstock in red/black, but afraid to touch them as the pull tabs leak dye everywhere. I had AZCII blue deadstock pair at some point around 2010 but I think they were too big and I traded them to a buddy, who played in them till the sole detached.

Wish this shoe got more exposure it seemed to have only a 6 month run before it was moved aside for the Ablaze. Allegedly Andre only wore it three times in ATP level play (per the MisZapas book).

The dye issue on these is a real problem. I would love to wear my pair of Zoom Challenge IIs but the blue dye gets all over EVERYTHING and I have no idea why!! That should be dry like everything else but it's like it was just dunked in a vat of blue dye. 🤷

Had these as a freshman in high school '93/'94 school year. I was the only one i knew with this colorway back then. I was on the varsity tennis team as a freshman. SUPER underrated! And you literally NEVER see these and they never been retro'd. I'd cop instantly at retail just off nostalgia alone. So 🔥!

Screenshot_20231129_000645_Brave.jpg

Would you guys trust a 2014 used pair of Clay Blue ATC 2s?

In terms of the midsole etc?

Best pics:

Screenshot_20231212_050028_eBay.jpg
Screenshot_20231212_050010_eBay.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom