🎾 OFFICIAL AGASSI RETRO THREAD - ATC II 2024 Hot Lava 🎾

1DD400FE-621F-47C9-88B3-8CE871DDFDFB.png
Need both of these !!

I didn't like that model. Im assuming you found this on their forum from 2007. You got me excited though thinking a retro was coming.

^ I still have my OG pair of Zoom Challenge 2s (white/blue pair). Still wearable but the blue dye on the strap runs off like crazy. It gets everywhere. So I haven't wanted to wear them. It was a good show to play in (I played in mine a decent amount). But there were far better shoes in the line before and after these.

Yeah. I was just searching. Hoping to find some news of new product and just stumbled across that pic

I can’t say anything about Andre himself, but I can point out that the air tech challenge II seems really important in the Kanye-verse. Not only was Abloh Kanye’s creative director when the Yeezy 2 was being designed, but Kanye’s other closest “partner”, Don C, was quoted and pictured like a month ago emphasizing the ATC2.

https://www.hot97.com/donc

I'm going to sound like a SUPER Snob, but I really go to lengths to avoid brand-clashing; it's just a pet peeve. It grinds my gears when you see reebok hat, UA shirt, adi Pants, puma socks, Nike shoes. Silver lining: At least they got the shoes right (Nike). :rofl:

Last edited:
1DD400FE-621F-47C9-88B3-8CE871DDFDFB.png
Need both of these !!

The black AZC2 was not easy to find and not a widely known colorway. Finding the black AZC2 and Ablaze were two really tough finds for my archive. I had to settle for pre-owned just to have an example of each! :frown:

The black AZC2 was not easy to find and not a widely known colorway. Finding the black AZC2 and Ablaze were two really tough finds for my archive. I had to settle for pre-owned just to have an example of each! :frown:

I would love an Ablaze retro.

Is there a atc 1? Or is it 2-4 I recently saw these at a party a guy was wearing atc 2 hot lava and I actually liked the model Just trying to get into some new Nike retros that aren’t Jordans or AM just wanna know a little history of the atc line

I was cleaning my Hot Lavas from 2008. They're so beat up the thread seems to be coming through. Hope these retro again soon! I should have gotten another pair when they were sitting on shelves for $55

Attachments

• IMG_5578.JPG
    IMG_5578.JPG
    271.1 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_5582.JPG
    IMG_5582.JPG
    277.7 KB · Views: 14
But it's 2018! I missed out on those. I felt the hot lava portion was slightly off the original. Seemed a little bit closer to infrared. Maybe I'm wrong since I never saw the OGs in person.

Trust me, I’ve said they should release the lavas every year. The 2014 lava was completely off while the 2016 color was closer to the og despite the gray eyelets. If you combined a little of each of the three retros it would have been better but I still prefer the 08 pair. I still have another 07 pair that I have yet to wear.

Looking for advice. I've had my ATC III's for about a year and the fabric on the insoles are starting to pull apart. What is the best remedy to "fix" these?

IMG_2975.JPG

I remember reading this article about how Andre loved the Flares. It’s unfortunate the latest retro provided none of the comfort that made this shoe an all time classic.

ADF0925E-9EEF-47E6-9F08-696A87CC9FAB.jpeg

Last edited:
I remember reading this article about how Andre loved the Flares. It’s unfortunate the latest retro provided none of the comfort that made this shoe an all time classic.

ADF0925E-9EEF-47E6-9F08-696A87CC9FAB.jpeg

I played religiously in these retros back in 2000 for almost 2 summers. Nike releases the white & blue ones pictured below and they were one of the best retros in terms of comfort, durability and just overall performance. LOVED THEM!!! I passed on the most recent retro as it just wasn't nice. I wish Nike would do is right with a proper retro. But at this time, I'll take anything Agassi/Challenge Court they give us.
Vintage-1994-Nike-Air-Flare-Challenge-Trainer-Huarache.jpg

I bought the most recent Flare because my old pairs were worn out but they are so uncomfortable due to awful materials. I had the blue and white pair as well. Too bad they never retroed it.

Reactions: ARK
Back
Top Bottom