🎾 OFFICIAL AGASSI RETRO THREAD - ATC II 2024 Hot Lava 🎾

Can't believe so many pages lately discussing on ATC2 hot lava OGs, 2008 and 2014 materials, quality, shade... no post mentioning leather? 08's were thin cardboard polyurethane "leather", drawing crease marks especially on the toebox area, but remaining immaculate white even 10 years after. Unlike front eyelets that turns yellow.
Like other 2013 and 14 GRs, 2014 lavas had a bit thicker yet more flexible PU, but didn't feel good onfeet to me. Along "Rotten tomato" lava, biggest crap is white "PU leather" parts tanning yellow/vanilla over time. Some blamed the box/paper storage for it, but some also reported store display shelf shoes that literally tanned brown. If yours did not, they may not have seen the sun/been exposed to UVs enough. Crap. Even more shocking along white tongue/eyelets/sole. First doubled up, then sold them deception.
Last years I've been hunting for suede and real leather sneakers and there are not much AT1, AT SC, SC2 "OG QS" or premiums. With leather, expect flexibility, breathability, peerless comfort, stable color.
And here comes the 2016 ATC2 hot lava release, that got leather like pinstripes, making them unchallenged winners to me. Lava was a bit more orange but still 90's bright, if grey eyelets are a big problem have them painted, first thought they would disturb me but don't care because of the overall quality.
Spoiled with 2016s, what I only expect from this 2019 new release and we don't know yet is a real leather upper, or pass, not willing to spend $100s+ on plastic shoes again.

Leather has always been more important than shade to me.

Sadly 2008's were still better than a lot of crap that Nike has done with retros and Jordans.

I mentioned how the 2016’s had premium leather and then talked about how the Pinstripes had great quality. Obviously none of them compare to the quality of the Grand Slam packs but it was close. I’m doubtful the leather on the 2019’s are as good as the 2016’s but it will be interesting to see.

Hilarious how here people hate the heel bump, while on jordan 4s it's highly derirable. Same period of time and Nike was inconsistent between models of their shoes.
Literally thinking the samething albeit I’ve never had the OGs so that’s probably why I don’t understand the significance of it. But like you said above the Jordan IV had it and they released in the same year.

Lol

BDBBB864-B37D-4815-B9DD-140745DB96A2.jpeg

bunch of jabronis. almost thought they changed it back to today

Looks like another SNKRS glitch. I’m now showing two product pages for them in the app.

Hilarious how here people hate the heel bump, while on jordan 4s it's highly derirable. Same period of time and Nike was inconsistent between models of their shoes.

It doesn’t bother me but the Jordan 4 always featured that Bump and the Tech II didn’t hence why it’s somewhat bothersome. It all goes back to the original design and how all of this is thought out during its initial release

Heads up then Foot Locker releases on Sunday the 26th. SNKRS app on Tuesday the 28th.

So these aren’t dropping today? SNKRS hit me up with the “u up” text at 9:45, then these didn’t unlock... lmao

It says it’s dropping on the 28th. If they weren’t available at 10am we know they release Tuesday on SNKRS

After having the FO and Wimbledon 1 pairs and knowing Nike can give us great materials it was a bit of a turn off for me.

It's a big turn off to me too. That's why I passed on the last two versions. Give me nice materials like you mentioned and I'd be all in. You'd think they'd want to give one of their all-time classic colorways great materials. It's Nike just being cheap bastards and ruining it for people like me who care about really nice quality on the classics.

Reactions: ARK
Can’t even get mad at Fila. Nike should know better at this point. People went nuts when Blake rocked his tribute gear at the 06 US Open and we still saw nothing on the retail side.

Move up 13 years and we’re at the peak of young kids gobbling up 90’s gear and Nike’s still being stupid.

Back
Top Bottom