🎾 OFFICIAL AGASSI RETRO THREAD - ATC II 2024 Hot Lava 🎾

I think I’ll sit the black lava out honestly. The Jordan 5 Fire Red is my all time favorite J so I’ll be copping multiples of that shoe. I haven’t wore my ATC2 white lavas from last year yet either. I may send those back.

Anyone find it strange that on the description for the black lavas they don't refer to Andre's name but as "an eccentric tennis talent" instead? That is weird.

"Three decades after its audacious debut, this '90s court classic is marking a comeback in its most renowned colour scheme, but with flipped colour-blocking. Sculpted by the inimitable Tinker Hatfield, the unforgettable silhouette graced the feet of an eccentric tennis talent as he made his name (and unmatched aesthetic) known across the globe. A black, premium leather upper is complemented by overlays of white and flat silver on the midfoot, collar and mudguard. Splatters of hot lava add heat to the Swoosh, tongue, heel and sole, infusing this look with the retro flavour we still crave."

Last edited:
Anyone find it strange that on the description for the black lavas they don't refer to Andre's name but as "an eccentric ennis talent" instead? That is weird.

"Three decades after its audacious debut, this '90s court classic is marking a comeback in its most renowned colour scheme, but with flipped colour-blocking. Sculpted by the inimitable Tinker Hatfield, the unforgettable silhouette graced the feet of an eccentric tennis talent as he made his name (and unmatched aesthetic) known across the globe. A black, premium leather upper is complemented by overlays of white and flat silver on the midfoot, collar and mudguard. Splatters of hot lava add heat to the Swoosh, tongue, heel and sole, infusing this look with the retro flavour we still crave."

That is very strange.

Here's mine.
IMG_20200219_223131_copy_2000x1500.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20200219_223131_copy_2000x1500.jpg
    IMG_20200219_223131_copy_2000x1500.jpg
    180.3 KB · Views: 180
Anyone find it strange that on the description for the black lavas they don't refer to Andre's name but as "an eccentric tennis talent" instead? That is weird.

Interesting

Maybe his royalty contract only relates to OG colorways, and if they mention his name on this one they'd have to pay him? Though I don't know if other retro+ colorways specifically named him...or perhaps the terms of his contract have changed regardless of any historical references to non-OG colorways....

I think the black looks cool, and I generally prefer black colorways, but I still haven't worn my whites from last year, which I've been meaning to un-DS. It's unlikely I'd reach for the black very often in lieu of a black OG Jordan retro anyway..... Only non-Jordan I'm really pining for is the Air Trainer 3 (SC) OG Navy...but that's for a diff thread....

Reactions: ARK
Maybe his royalty contract only relates to OG colorways, and if they mention his name on this one they'd have to pay him? Though I don't know if other retro+ colorways specifically named him...or perhaps the terms of his contract have changed regardless of any historical references to non-OG colorways....

I think the black looks cool, and I generally prefer black colorways, but I still haven't worn my whites from last year, which I've been meaning to un-DS. It's unlikely I'd reach for the black very often in lieu of a black OG Jordan retro anyway..... Only non-Jordan I'm really pining for is the Air Trainer 3 (SC) OG Navy...but that's for a diff thread....

They changed those up a bit though and they’re not exactly true to the OG. That silver lining around the swoosh is a no go if we’re talking about the same shoe.

They mentioned Tinker’s name so I would just assume that they would mention Andre’s as well but I have no idea why they would phrase it like that. I wonder what his contract is.

They changed those up a bit though and they’re not exactly true to the OG. That silver lining around the swoosh is a no go if we’re talking about the same shoe.

Any idea when those are suppose to release?

I got mine too. What do you think of them?

I tried them on for a whole minute and that’s been it. Wife got home so I hid the box. :rofl:

They look cool and they felt comfortable. Strange cut around the medial side of the ankle. Your thoughts?

They are very comfortable and breathable. The upper is very soft and ankle support feels good. The back of the heel is narrow looking but doesn’t feel like it but I would have preferred that to look similar to the og but overall for $120 I think it’s an excellent buy for a tennis shoe. The sole looks like it’s going to be super durable.

6B00C758-0455-433C-8A64-899BE708DCC8.jpeg

They are very comfortable and breathable. The upper is very soft and ankle support feels good. The back of the heel is narrow looking but doesn’t feel like it but I would have preferred that to look similar to the og but overall for $120 I think it’s an excellent buy for a tennis shoe. The sole looks like it’s going to be super durable.

6B00C758-0455-433C-8A64-899BE708DCC8.jpeg

Hey KB, do you have any current Nike tennis shoes, that you could compare the fit to?

Hey KB, do you have any current Nike tennis shoes, that you could compare the fit to?

I only wear my Agassi retros for tennis so I haven’t tried on the more modern pairs with the exception of the Vapor Jordans which are really comfortable. I do have the glow in the dark lunar ballistec 2.3’s so maybe they are a similar feel to those as far as the sole.

Back
Top Bottom