🎾 OFFICIAL AGASSI RETRO THREAD - ATC II 2024 Hot Lava 🎾

if you cant find the real one these are pretty good, check the site lots of great polos . make some nike patches with the cricket and iron them on if you need.

I can vouch for Brian's polos he makes. They are of excellent quality. I have both Hot Lava ones and and also just got his McEnroe checkerboard homage and that too is fantastic! 🙏

I posted this in the Reebok thread. It's cool they're bringing back the Jet Yellow pair. Still got my original retro from like 10+ years ago when they were going for dirt cheap money. As much as I LOVE the Court Victory, still would rather have the SXT Pump (since they haven't been retroed yet).

And to answer Sneaker News' question? Yes the ATC II is far more iconic than the CVP. When someone who is the pure definition of the anti country club, anti plain white shirt, shorts, shoes,with his long hair, earrings, bandana, and hot lava colored spandex laden outfit with shoes that match, THAT is more iconic than these (and these were BIG TIME back in the day).

I have been reading about the Pumps for a few days and no these are not even close to the most iconic tennis shoes but they are cool. We all know it's anything Agassi related is the most iconic. I have one of the previous retros of the Pump and they were pretty much all defective during that release. I think the 2014 didn't have as many issues but it is a cool looking shoe. It's annoying that they didn't bring back the og colorway so far but maybe they will or they'll bring the black colorway back. I think they'll sell really well.

Last edited:
I have been reading about the Pumps for a few days and no these are not even close to the most iconic tennis shoes but they are cool. We all know it's anything Agassi related is the most iconic. I have one of the previous retros of the Pump and they were pretty much all defective during that release. I think the 2014 didn't have as many issues but it is a cool looking shoe. It's annoying that they didn't bring back the og colorway so far but maybe they will or they'll bring the black colorway back. I think they'll sell really well.

Well, to be fair, that color above is an OG color. Just not THE 1st OG color that was first seen when Michael Chang wore them.

And the black pair? Are you talking about an OG pair from '89 in all black? Because if so, that wasn't this pair. That was the Court Victory II.
Screenshot_20240111-160414.png

These were a pair Chang wore at a night match if memory serves me. I know Reebok releases a boatload of collabs of the 1st round of retro CVP and there were several black colors (with one being the Kramer pair). But I REALLY want this pair of IIs above. Maybe it's why I like that Shaq Court Victory mashup since they played off this pair so much. 👍

Well, to be fair, that color above is an OG color. Just not THE 1st OG color that was first seen when Michael Chang wore them.

And the black pair? Are you talking about an OG pair from '89 in all black? Because if so, that wasn't this pair. That was the Court Victory II.
Screenshot_20240111-160414.png

These were a pair Chang wore at a night match if memory serves me. I know Reebok releases a boatload of collabs of the 1st round of retro CVP and there were several black colors (with one being the Kramer pair). But I REALLY want this pair of IIs above. Maybe it's why I like that Shaq Court Victory mashup since they played off this pair so much. 👍

This color blue wasn't an og colorway. Where are you seeing that it was? The og black and white cw I was referring to is in the video that Sinner posted. I cannot like that video though because of what he did to the ATC III.

Last edited:
This color blue wasn't an og colorway. Where are you seeing that it was? The og black and white cw I was referring to is in the video that Sinner posted. I cannot like that video though because of what he did to the ATC III.

Well, eggs on me buddy. I could have sworn that light blue color way was an OG color. I did find the news of the 2014 release online below.

When these hit stupid discounts, I grabbed one of each colorway. I eventually sold 2 of the 3 and kept the OG OG

I dunno if it's the color/lighting of the photos (they look overexposed) or the shade of blue they actually used, but there was def a blue OG colorway. At least, it's an OG blocking with a different shade. But over the past few retros, we've seen the shade of blue become more green. 🤷‍♂️
1705040808333.png

1705040827474.png

I dunno if it's the color/lighting of the photos (they look overexposed) or the shade of blue they actually used, but there was def a blue OG colorway. At least, it's an OG blocking with a different shade. But over the past few retros, we've seen the shade of blue become more green. 🤷‍♂️
1705040808333.png

1705040827474.png

I KNEW IT! I thought I saw them when I was young watching him play!! Thanks Sinner Sinner . They basically kept the base shoe white and changed the trim up. The OG green, the blue & the black. 👍

I remember classmates who wore the blue-green-whatever colorway, so I was pretty sure it wasn't just the white/black ones.

What's also interesting is that the '24 retros have a little PUMP logo next to the REEBOK on the lateral side. Don't think we've seen that before on any release... but if you look closely at the pair Michael wore at Wimbledon... there's the logo! Interesting.

I remember classmates who wore the blue-green-whatever colorway, so I was pretty sure it wasn't just the white/black ones.

What's also interesting is that the '24 retros have a little PUMP logo next to the REEBOK on the lateral side. Don't think we've seen that before on any release... but if you look closely at the pair Michael wore at Wimbledon... there's the logo! Interesting.

The only first pair that I can remember being released were the more greenish blue colorway and then the black but we never got that dull finish. Interesting that his pe pair had the yellow pump logo on it. This has to be the first time we are getting that actual color but it definitely isn't the same as the new retro. I had the blue green colorway and remember the black ones releasing after.

Last edited:
I KNEW IT! I thought I saw them when I was young watching him play!! Thanks Sinner Sinner . They basically kept the base shoe white and changed the trim up. The OG green, the blue & the black. 👍

To be fair, the pics he just posted the shade of blue is not the same and it also has the shiny plastic and not the matte finish. It's just not the same colorway. The black and white pair he posted is the one I was referring to in the video as one of the original colorways.

1705123796149.png

1705123912317.png

Last edited:
Like I mentioned, the pics from Atmos are quite overexposed and the white-balance looks a bit on the warm side... so it's probably not an accurate representation of the actual colorway.
Even in these SBD pics, they look a bit different.

Another difference I noticed is that they greyed out the heel counter on the '24s.
Not sure why they did this, but on the previous retros and on the OG, it was yellow. 🤔

1705129911215.png

Also, there are blue tennis-ball-seam lines on the Pump mechanism, which weren't present on the retros and the OG, but were on certain pairs of Michael's PE's.
1705130959179.png

I’m just saying this color or shade whatever you want to call it wasn’t an original match from the blue to the matte. We’ll see how close it is when someone gets actual pics but the fact that they didn’t use the plastic on the shoe takes away from it for me. I still love the nostalgia of it and it’s about time they brought it back.

“While not exactly the original colorway associated with Chang, these easily tug at the heartstrings of those who yearn for the peak of tennis footwear that arrived during the late 1980s/early 1990s.”

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom