🎾 OFFICIAL AGASSI RETRO THREAD - ATC II 2024 Hot Lava 🎾

I ain’t painting my damn shoes . They’re gonna just look what they look like… not like they won’t come back out again in a few years this time most likely without being aged . I mean quite frankly I’m a little tired of the hot lava 2’s at this point anyway … give us some 3’s and 4’s
If you paint the sole might as well paint the whole shoe… The whole shoe has a grungy tint to it… and you might as well replace the laces as well. Lol im okay on that

meant to post these awhile ago
image.jpg

Does anyone know if there's fakes of the black lavas out there? I just got a pair from poshmark that, while over retail, still seems like a steal compared to what people are charging on ebay, goat, etc.

I like what youve done. Please share what you you used and how you did it. Iam wanting to so the same
Use a shader brush, apply thin even coats not rubbing too much, drop by drop will go a long way, esp using this paint bc by the time you finish a layer the drops poured in the paint palette will dry and you wont be able to get even coats. Same with the brush, hot soapy water cleaning asap.
The textured outsole is very easy with 1 coat. Wanted the midsole white so had to go for 3 coats: for a 1 coat tone down on it, masking and using an airbrush could be recommended if you are not comfortable with hand painting.

That said, the preference is yours, many love the aged finish but ye I'm on hot Lavas since 1990s first release and thought that fake brown didn't match a brand new kick.
Every other aspect of it is OK to me anyway, light grey laces to leather tint that is quite white.

Attachments

• IMG_20241013_113528.jpg
    IMG_20241013_113528.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 705
The problem is they didn’t just yellow the midsole, they made it a light brown. It’s a lot more pronounced in person too. I’m lukewarm on it myself, think they went a tad OD with it and I’m usually okay with the faux yellowing/aged look.

Back
Top Bottom