🎾 Official Nike Tennis (and other brands as well) Thread 🎾

Is that Davis Cup stuff like "official team issued" or can it be found at specialty shops/stores in Europe?

Pretty cool stuff.  Does the US issue stuff through NIKE as well or is it individual based (depending on who the player's sponsor is- i.e. Roddick and IZOD)

The last time i was at the outlets here they had last year's Federer swiss shirts so yeah you must be able to pick em up relatively easily cos our outlets SUCK

T21D I saw your WDYWT, is that a Babolat Pro Drive? Also those Adidas are kinda nice, but I like the Vapor Tour 8s better right now.

OMG ~ Djokovic has beaten Rafa on clay in straight sets... the streak extends to 32! OMG.

True enough. Guy is ridiculous this year, but how about that shot from Nadal through the legs?? WOW
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

Djokovic is playing really really well, crazy just to see Rafa get beat on clay. That shot was crazy though!
eek.gif

Favorite activity lately: Watching Fed and Rafa highlight tapes, as soon as I get done I swear I just wanna go to the courts and try half those shots lol.

Yeah, tweeners are always crowd favorites, especially if you get them over... and if you end up winning the point? Even better.

But Djoker's form was just nuts... his backhand was devastating. Rafa wasn't at his 100%-best (a lot of errors), but still, take nothing away from the match.
Definitely not an indicator of things to come for Roland Garros though. Rafa would still have to be the fav. The courts in Madrid this week was a lot faster than normal clay courts cuz of the altitude and the surface being laid on temporarily (which made it thinner and dryer).

Fed played well in the semis, but I don't see his current-best to be enough against Djoker or Rafa.

^^^^^^^^^^
Was going to say, from the highlights I saw, the court seemed to be very fast compared to typical red clay.  Definitely had to favor Djokovic.  As you mentioned, still doesn't overshadow a crazy insane start to his season.   Am sure Rafa will bring it come Roland Garros.  Tempted to try the 3.3s, but Would like to grab 'em around 70-80.

Originally Posted by sneaksoy1

T21D I saw your WDYWT, is that a Babolat Pro Drive? Also those Adidas are kinda nice, but I like the Vapor Tour 8s better right now.

Yes Babolat APD. Been switching between rackets. The adidas are adi zero Tsonga's French Davis Cup CW.

I just picked up the white/red vapor 8s. Looking forward to playing in them. I hated the vapor 6s, way too stiff. Vapor 5s were my favorite. If nike were to retro them, I'd get 3 pairs to play in.

Originally Posted by Heshua

I just picked up the white/red vapor 8s. Looking forward to playing in them. I hated the vapor 6s, way too stiff. Vapor 5s were my favorite. If nike were to retro them, I'd get 3 pairs to play in.
post a pic or two of the 5s.  I am forgetting what they look like?  I love the Vapor 3s I have in caro blue/obsidian.  My favorite ones of the series, looks wise, but the others I tried on after the 3 did not fit my foot very well.

Never was a fan of Fed's kicks, but here you go...

vapor3.jpg

vaporiv-1.jpg

EDIT ~ Nole has just beaten Rafa for the 4th time in a row... 2 x on hard, 2 x on clay.  Incredible.  The guy's tennis has been unbelievable.  I'm am stunned right now.  I've been watching tennis for a while, but have never seen hitting, defense, shots like this.  

Mannn I need some more vapor 5s in my life. And yup Djok has been snapping this year. He's just playing phenomenal tennis. Hopefully he wins the french.

Those White/Grey 4.3 look sick, may have to scoop those next year. Vapor 8 > those Vapor 9 though.

Yes.  Losing interest in Vapor line.  4.3s are decent.  I like this year's 3.3 colorways quite a bit.  Waiting to pick up on discount hopefully.

Not really liking the new Vapors... but I guess the irony is that Fed is still wearing the Vapor 6's... 
c364bcffd4c49a4750dab13aebecb21c-getty-tennis-fra-open-roland-garros.jpg

You guys watching the French Open?

Good find!  Subtle indeed.  Simply, minor changes to the GR, but so much better...
2rmpb35.jpg
msy09.jpg

Interesting how his PE's don't have that plastic heel-cup to "lock his foot into place"... 

Tells you how much those "innovations" work... 

ec09d95ca4388ab92ca1da48ff2b83ce-getty-tennis-fra-open-roland-garros.jpg

3797871893cad26fb6860b885e0b3788-getty-tennis-fra-open-roland-garros.jpg

I love having just finished up school, I can wake up everyday this week and watch atleast a match from the FO. Why's Fed still wearing the 6 though, I liked his 8s for this French Open.

T21D - I'm feeling that Roland Garros Babolat you picked up too, I think I'm due for a racket upgrade and that's looking pretty tempting.

^ Probably because of a comfort-issue for Fed. He like the way the 6's feel / doesn't like the feel of the new shoes, so has stuck with the 6's. What I find the most surprising is that we're at the 8's now and moving onto the 9's, but he still hasn't found the right fit with those.

We saw the same thing with Rafa a few years ago with the Ballistec 1.3's but since then he's been wearing his new models.
EDIT ~ New pic of Fed's red 6's.

87fe7f7bd149e56da57d74f0fcd7c649-getty-tennis-fra-open-roland-garros.jpg

Can't believe i've been missing out on this thread....

But anyway, for those with wide feet, and with 3.3s, do you find them really uncomfortable/narrow?

I've been thinking of cutting the tounge straps that hold them down for comfort (kinda like Rafa) but im afraid there isin't going to to be a significant difference. But doing so, it wouldnt void the 6 month outsole warranty right? Considering its covering the outsole...

^^^ reminds me of Sampras years back.  Once he wore the Air Oscillates for the first time, it was a wrap.

Back
Top Bottom