🎾 Official Nike Tennis (and other brands as well) Thread

I’m not really a fan of any of the 15- 20 T-shirts or hats. I don’t own any. I much prefer to buy the match shirts Or even some of the regular tshirts. Just my opinion.

I agree that many of them arent the best looking items but i like them because they are something special for the bigger wins

The whole Federer Celebration t-shirt/hat thing got me thinking... What other items has Nike put out for Federer and Nadal to commemorate their Slams and achievements? The first i can remember is the Fifteen hat and shirt for Federer (i actually found this Tee in a white/red version that i had no idea existed in addition to the black/gold which is why im wondering if there is maybe some other stuff i dont know about). As far as i know for Federer its the fifteen hat/shirt, the 18 shirt (and the unreleased hat), the two shirts for 19, and the hat/shirt for 20. There was a limited 287 tshirt that was released in such a limited quantity (i think they only made 10) that im not even counting it. For Nadal i remember the 9th French Open t-shirt, the X la decima shirt and the 16 shirt after last years US Open (which i thought was actually kind of random unless Nike is just going to make a shirt for every Slam win at this point) but to my knowledge they havent always done so- Nothing for Feds 16th or 17th or even his Roland Garros/grand slam which is a shame or Nadals first US Open/grand slam either. Anybody know of any that Im missing? I havent included the commemorative shoes because those are a little more limited and pricey

Such a good question! It got me thinking. I'm not as familiar with the Nadal stuff, but here's my best attempt at a list for Feds...

Federer Celebration Shirts/Hats:

2006 4 Consecutive Wimbledon Titles Shirt
2007 3 Consecutive US Open Titles Shirt
2007 3 Consecutive US Open Titles (Lady Liberty) Jacket (I think there we a few different shirts/shorts, etc. for this year)
2008 5 Wimbledon Titles Belt
2009 French Open Champion Shirt
2009 Wimbledon 15 Slams Shirt
2009 Wimbledon 15 Slams Hat
2012 287 Weeks Number 1 Shirt
2017 Australian Open 18 Slams Shirt
2017 Australian Open 18 Slams Hat
2017 8th Wimbledon Championship Shirt
2017 19th Slam Shirt
2018 Australian Open 20 Slams Shirt
2018 Australian Open 20 Slams Hat

I'm sure I missed something! I have some pics of some of the lesser known ones, but too big to upload... I posted a few pics to instagram @darthfederer20

Last edited:
Such a good question! It got me thinking. I'm not as familiar with the Nadal stuff, but here's my best attempt at a list for Feds...

2007 3 Consecutive US Open Titles (Lady Liberty) Jacket (I think there we a few different shirts/shorts, etc. for this year)
2017 19th Slam Shirt

I'm sure I missed something! I have some pics of some of the lesser known ones, but too big to upload... I posted a few pics to instagram @darthfederer20
There was also a 15 slams jacket. I don't actually think it was released. It had the 15 logo on the back lower right. He wore it during the trophy presentation

Last edited by a moderator:
Latest fed pickups. $50 total off eBay
Shorts are the longer length 9”

Attachments

• 7FF28B52-A1B2-4AD1-8EFC-5CEA33C9E17C.jpeg
    7FF28B52-A1B2-4AD1-8EFC-5CEA33C9E17C.jpeg
    268.3 KB · Views: 24
  • CA0F4236-E70E-4CE3-99BA-221DEDD43532.jpeg
    CA0F4236-E70E-4CE3-99BA-221DEDD43532.jpeg
    146.9 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:

2017 19th Slam Shirt

What a great list, I didn't know about half of them. I think you just missed that they released 2 t-shirts after Wimbledon last year. One with the R8ger and one with the 19. Was this one

(https://www.google.com.br/url?sa=i&...aw1X3X9-mxQo_PCK_Txo5FHG&ust=1518069967515701)

a celebration t-shirt as well or just a regular release? Sorry for the long link, file couldn't be uploaded.

By the way, this was talked somewhere else, but I'd love to hear your opinions: do you guys think there's any chance at all of Nike releasing some old models like RF Hats and some t-shirts? I'd love to get RG 09 and AO 07 but think it's pretty impossible.
I started buying RF stuff too late, lost too many of the early hats and I only have the t-shirts for the last 5 Slams.

2017 19th Slam Shirt

Awesome list! Definately wish i had come across the French Open shirt, never knew they did that. Its funny how they decided to put out stuff for 4 consecutive Wimbledons and 3 consecutive US Opens and then nothing when he gets to 5 consecutive Wimbledons and 4 or 5 US Opens...so random. The stuff with the 5 wimbledon trophies i believe was all released the next year at Wimbledon 2008 similar to the way they brand the sneakers with various numbered trophies at whatever Slam hes playing that year so i dont really consider these celebration items but definately cool... I've never seen the belt before though, only the white/gold 5 trophy hat that goes for like $500 on ebay and i believe they might have made a matching white/gold RF tshirt but not sure if it has the 5 trophy on it

What a great list, I didn't know about half of them. I think you just missed that they released 2 t-shirts after Wimbledon last year. One with the R8ger and one with the 19. Was this one

(https://www.google.com.br/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiWxMK7kZPZAhXGh5AKHaHeCdAQjBwIBA&url=http://d2ydh70d4b5xgv.cloudfront.net/images/f/0/rf-mens-nike-roger-federer-trophy-moments-tennis-t-shirt-gran-prix-dri-fit-sz-l-8ce8172c6f3c76655e3017d9cb76eb69.jpg&psig=AOvVaw1X3X9-mxQo_PCK_Txo5FHG&ust=1518069967515701)

a celebration t-shirt as well or just a regular release? Sorry for the long link, file couldn't be uploaded.

By the way, this was talked somewhere else, but I'd love to hear your opinions: do you guys think there's any chance at all of Nike releasing some old models like RF Hats and some t-shirts? I'd love to get RG 09 and AO 07 but think it's pretty impossible.
I started buying RF stuff too late, lost too many of the early hats and I only have the t-shirts for the last 5 Slams.

Thanks! Yea that is the 19th Slam shirt (not sure what it's really called)... They released both that and Ro8er after Wimbledon. I think it would be awesome if they re-relased some of the older stuff... maybe when he announces retirement they'll do a series similar to what they did for Kobe?

Awesome list! Definately wish i had come across the French Open shirt, never knew they did that. Its funny how they decided to put out stuff for 4 consecutive Wimbledons and 3 consecutive US Opens and then nothing when he gets to 5 consecutive Wimbledons and 4 or 5 US Opens...so random. The stuff with the 5 wimbledon trophies i believe was all released the next year at Wimbledon 2008 similar to the way they brand the sneakers with various numbered trophies at whatever Slam hes playing that year so i dont really consider these celebration items but definately cool... I've never seen the belt before though, only the white/gold 5 trophy hat that goes for like $500 on ebay and i believe they might have made a matching white/gold RF tshirt but not sure if it has the 5 trophy on it

I know right really random how they decided what to release... I probably missed some stuff too. Yeah I struggled a bit on what was "celebration" after a win and what was released during the following year! They seemed to make a bunch of stuff in 2009 when had a lot of milestones.

I know right really random how they decided what to release... I probably missed some stuff too. Yeah I struggled a bit on what was "celebration" after a win and what was released during the following year! They seemed to make a bunch of stuff in 2009 when had a lot of milestones.

How did they release that French Open shirt? Was it limited or did they do it like a normal celebration tee? I tried searching for info and/or pics and...nothing lol so im guessing it was pretty limited. Any way you can post a pic of the whole shirt? Thanks

77EDD3FF-2D2F-4F43-AB16-58EB29D887B8.jpeg
How did they release that French Open shirt? Was it limited or did they do it like a normal celebration tee? I tried searching for info and/or pics and...nothing lol so im guessing it was pretty limited. Any way you can post a pic of the whole shirt? Thanks

I don’t recall for sure, but I think I just ordered it on Nike.com or TW the day after the final! It’s a nice dri-fit material... one of my favs I wear it a lot.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
77EDD3FF-2D2F-4F43-AB16-58EB29D887B8.jpeg

I don’t recall for sure, but I think I just ordered it on Nike.com or TW the day after the final! It’s a nice dri-fit material... one of my favs I wear it a lot.

Definately an awesome shirt! Id love to find one myself but being that i never even knew it existed for the last 9 years im thinking it might be hard to find haha. This is the white/red version 15 shirt i mentioned, im also really curious on how rare this one is because i remember the release and dont remember any color variations but i compared the tags and serial numers to the black/gold version i have and theyre identical except for the color code (100 and 010) and also the quality/ feel side by side you can tell its the same so i know it isnt a knockoff. Maybe it was a special release through his website or something?...if anyone has any info on this please post

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Definately an awesome shirt! Id love to find one myself but being that i never even knew it existed for the last 9 years im thinking it might be hard to find haha. This is the white/red version 15 shirt i mentioned, im also really curious on how rare this one is because i remember the release and dont remember any color variations but i compared the tags and serial numers to the black/gold version i have and theyre identical except for the color code (100 and 010) and also the quality/ feel side by side you can tell its the same so i know it isnt a knockoff. Maybe it was a special release through his website or something?...if anyone has any info on this please post

Really cool! Never seen it before!

About socks...

From my perspective (everyone is different), which obviously goes by price lower to higher:

OK- SX6913 NikeCourt Essentials Crew
Good - SX4935 NikeCourt Elite Crew
Best! - SX5666 NikeGrip Elite Crew

The material in the Essentials Crew just feels wrong, while the Grip Elite Crew feels so good on my feet. For me, definitely worth the price.

Last year seem to be a pretty good year for socks with the Court Elite and Grip Elite, but now it seems all we are getting are Court Essentials.

Does anyone know what Nike's plans are? I was excited to learn that we would see new socks this year, but I'm disappointed with the Court Essentials.

I've not had the chance to see/try the also new SX5593.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

I have this white/red version, not sure how limited it is but if I remember correctly I got it through midwestsports.

wkmob4.jpg

spdnrd.jpg

The upcoming blue version of the Vapor X looks really nice in the pic.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom