🎾 Official Nike Tennis (and other brands as well) Thread 🎾

Nadal, Serena, and Fed sans Nike all go down. Geez. Those Zoom Zeros I am insta-buying, love the design and sucka for full-length Zoom. I really wish Nike would re-design the Zoom Cage and go back to the Breathe Cage II look, this is my favorite Nike tennis shoe of all time. I also think its funny that NDC just decided to release a $180 RF Hypershield Jacket, lmao. Why in the hell would anyone spend that much on something that is currently obsolete?

Nadal, Serena, and Fed sans Nike all go down. Geez. Those Zoom Zeros I am insta-buying, love the design and sucka for full-length Zoom. I really wish Nike would re-design the Zoom Cage and go back to the Breathe Cage II look, this is my favorite Nike tennis shoe of all time. I also think its funny that NDC just decided to release a $180 RF Hypershield Jacket, lmao. Why in the hell would anyone spend that much on something that is currently obsolete?
I purchased this jacket myself because, even if Roger is now with Uniqlo, Fed has been the greatest tennis player under his Nike period. I don't understand the word "obsolete". Should we throw away his 287 Vapor, his 15 Hat, his 7th Wimbledon Tennis bag just because all these numbers are now "obsolete"??
Moreover, there's no Nike logo visible on the jacket, only the RF. And the jacket is wonderful!!

Uniqlo Kit up for purchase on 07/23 https://www.uniqlo.com/us/en/page/roger-federer-replica-game-wear-release.html
2018-07-15 (2).png

Will be interesting to see how they handle his pre Open and Open kits. With Roger’s global appeal, I’ll be shocked if they don’t eventually start offering his stuff to tennis retailers too.

120 bucks for the whole kit is a steal compared to nike prices.
The usopen and pre usopen kits will now probably be a mystery to us all until we see fed on court, which will actually be a nice suprise to not know.
Interested to know if nike does his shoes for the rest of the year. Or will he walk out on arthur ashe in Asics?

I really was hoping they would have released those all black/pink swoosh Tiafoe was testtes out. White soles just drive me crazy on an all black upper tennis shoe. I hope they come out with more crazy colors for the Open.

I'm getting back into the game after being out for over 13 years. My wife asked if we could just go hit the ball back and forth (she doesn't play at all). I said why not, would be fun showing her how to play. Just being back on the court and "batting" the ball back really made me realize how much I loved this sport when I was younger.

My racquets are old (I have 3 Prince Triple Threat Hornet OS with old Gamma TNT Pro Spin in them). Love those sticks, but unavailable now. I'm a Prince guy, so I tracked down 3 NOS Prince ES110 Hornets for $120. Can't wait to get them and get them strung and find some people to play against.

Anyone cop? I did today. Can't wait to try these out...Otherwise its back to getting suitable outdoor hoop shoes from the nike outlet for tennis. LOL.

I'm very tempted but still love lunar ballistecs and have a pair in waiting. I'm even thinking of trying them for hoops, but the outsoles always end up being too slippery indoors for me. I only see the black on Nike, I'm also waiting on more color selections. Did you order online, or were you able to try on locally?

I'm definitely going to get a pair but I too want to try on locally to see how they fit and also for more colors. I like the black upper but I was hoping they will do something special for the Open with some flashy colors (maybe a hot lava pair?).

Last edited:
I'm very tempted but still love lunar ballistecs and have a pair in waiting. I'm even thinking of trying them for hoops, but the outsoles always end up being too slippery indoors for me. I only see the black on Nike, I'm also waiting on more color selections. Did you order online, or were you able to try on locally?

Ordered online and rolled the dice. My Lunar Ballistecs were done. Loved those shoes too.

I'm definitely going to get a pair but I too want to try on locally to see how they fit and also for more colors. I like the black upper but I was hoping they will do domesomet special for the Open with some flashy colors (maybe a hot lava pair?).

Nice. Here's to hoping. Any pro outside of Tiafoe going to be wearing these? Nick K? maybe he'll debut some crazy colorways/editions.

Got my pre-order. Now freaking about sizing issues... american website states its in *** sizes and their website makes it seem like western sizes. Anyone having this trouble?

Back
Top Bottom