🎾 Official Nike Tennis (and other brands as well) Thread

Would be pretty awesome if they used that Nike court logo on the Wimbledon whites this year
Very 90’s with the no button collar. They had an opportunity to make Sampras’ polo design he wore in ‘95. Would’ve been pretty cool to see a modern take 25 years later.

Got these off eBay couple weeks ago
D6EB3949-8EC1-4A63-87FF-9FED04E05F0F.jpeg
dame!! do you know where can I get a pair, or where are they still available?

Does anybody know what bandana/wristbands Rafa was supposed to wear to match his European claycourt season outfit?

I was convinced it was going to be Royal pulse/(White) (at the very bottom) but then I saw the following Khachanov's promo picture from the summer collection which confused me. Rafa usually wears exclusive colors (not shared with other Nike-sponsored athletes)

NIKESU20.jpg
N0003204-482OS.jpg N0002466-482OS.jpg

Does anybody know what bandana/wristbands Rafa was supposed to wear to match his European claycourt season outfit?

I was convinced it was going to be Royal pulse/(White) (at the very bottom) but then I saw the following Khachanov's promo picture from the summer collection which confused me. Rafa usually wears exclusive colors (not shared with other Nike-sponsored athletes)

NIKESU20.jpg
N0003204-482OS.jpg N0002466-482OS.jpg
If you are talking about the clay court tourneys leading up to RG, he was going to either wear black w/ white swoosh wristband/headband or a special PE colorway most likely matching his Royal Purple shirt. The Royal Pulse is for the RG collection, and it’s more like Columbia blue than Royal Purple/Lilac.
-D

If you are talking about the clay court tourneys leading up to RG, he was going to either wear black w/ white swoosh wristband/headband or a special PE colorway most likely matching his Royal Purple shirt.

Yes, these are the tournaments I mean (historically, Monte-Carlo, Barcelona, Madrid, and Rome).

BTW: The main color was Purple pulse (not Royal pulse). The matching shorts and shoes mix in Persian violet. Perhaps that's the PE color which was planned.

Damn! I thought that the times of the special PE colorways were gone (they are the collector's nightmare). Guess I was wrong.

Thank you D_Leblanc18 D_Leblanc18

Yes, these are the tournaments I mean (historically, Monte-Carlo, Barcelona, Madrid, and Rome).

BTW: The main color was Purple pulse (not Royal pulse). The matching shorts and shoes mix in Persian violet. Perhaps that's the PE color which was planned.

Damn! I thought that the times of the special PE colorways were gone (they are the collector's nightmare). Guess I was wrong.

Thank you D_Leblanc18 D_Leblanc18
That’s what I meant, not Royal Purple (which sounds too good to be true) lol
Nope, PE colorways are still around. The socks colorway that Nadal will wear for RG is going to be PE as well.
Anyway, no problem my friend!
-D

they have royal pulse court socks....

rs.php

Thank you but I have just learned today Royal pulse was nowhere to be found in Rafa's outfit. I bought the wristbands because they only made sense from the entire Summer '20 lot.

From the promo picture, Rafa's socks are going to be Polarized blue with White trim. I wish I got my hands on them :smile:

If you are talking about the clay court tourneys leading up to RG, he was going to either wear black w/ white swoosh wristband/headband or a special PE colorway most likely matching his Royal Purple shirt. The Royal Pulse is for the RG collection, and it’s more like Columbia blue than Royal Purple/Lilac.

I did some more research through the resources that proved valuable over the time, and, at tennisdirect.nl, I found the Laser orange/(Black) bandanas and wristbands [code: 845] designated for Rafa. They certainly provide a nice contrast for Purple pulse.

Interestingly, exactly 2 years ago, Rafa wore Laser orange/(Cool grey) accessories during the same stretch of the season.

While at tennisdirect.nl, I also found an interesting reference to a coming-soon Nike Court Aeroreact Rafa Slam Top with the Nike product code CI9152-398.
The code has 2 interesting implications:
  1. It has the same style code, i.e. CI9152, as the SU20 Rafa Slam Tops (which means that the design isn't likely to change)
  2. 3xx in the color code means it is going to be a shade of green (most likely very very dark)

While at tennisdirect.nl, I also found an interesting reference to a coming-soon Nike Court Aeroreact Rafa Slam Top with the Nike product code CI9152-398.
The code has 2 interesting implications:
  1. It has the same style code, i.e. CI9152, as the SU20 Rafa Slam Tops (which means that the design isn't likely to change)
  2. 3xx in the color code means it is going to be a shade of green (most likely very very dark)
We sure its not the Lucid Green Wimbledon Nike top that was posted earlier?

The color code would likely be the accent color that is Lucid Green

nikecourt-aeroreact-rafa-slam-mens-short-sleeve-tennis-top-vpqrzp.jpg

We sure its not the Lucid Green Wimbledon Nike top that was posted earlier?

The color code would likely be the accent color that is Lucid Green

We are sure. Before the t-shirt disappeared from the US Nike.com, I had taken down the t-shirt's product code: CI9152-100.

1xx is usually used for predominantly white items.

Like Mike have said, any Nike product that has the ending code of 100 is white. The code at the end of all Nike product are referenced to a colorway/color code. In regards to product code CI9152-398, it’s most likely to be for the USO. Obviously noting special like last years, but at least we got something.

Back
Top Bottom