🎾 Official Nike Tennis (and other brands as well) Thread

Do you guys have more than one racuet? If yes, is it the same model raquet?
Yeah, I have a small collection of racquets (various models) that I've bought over the years, but for playing, I generally have 2 of the same model. Of course, you don't have to use the same model... just have a spare/backup with something you're comfortable playing with. And the purpose of that is incase you break a string or you (accidentally) crack the frame. It would really suck popping a string 10mins into your hitting session and not have a backup.

^^ this
I only have one currently but plan on adding a second this fall - maybe if we get decent black friday sales. Since I'm not terribly good and just play for fun, I'll be getting a different model - variety is the spice of life! Currently have 2020 Babolat Pure Strike, can't decide whats next... maybe a yonex vcore?

^^ this
I only have one currently but plan on adding a second this fall - maybe if we get decent black friday sales. Since I'm not terribly good and just play for fun, I'll be getting a different model - variety is the spice of life! Currently have 2020 Babolat Pure Strike, can't decide whats next... maybe a yonex vcore?
I'd look into vcore 98 or the new vcore 97 310g version. ezone 98 if you want more pop

Last edited:

A VERY detailed look at Kei's special vapors...

Kei1.jpg

Kei2.jpg
Kei3.jpg
Kei4.jpg

Do you guys have more than one racuet? If yes, is it the same model raquet?

I do. Years ago when I played regularly, I had several Prince Triple Threat Hornet racquets. In case I broke a string. That was early 2000s. Recently got back in the game and since the old TT Hornets aren't made anymore, I found a new Prince Hornet racquet on eBay for cheap (NOS) so I bought 3 of them for less than $140.

I used these until someone on Tennis Talk had for sale in the buy/sell section a 2020 Babolat Pure Aero in basically new condition (he played with it like 2 matches tops). For the price, I jumped quick (it was $110 plus shipping 😎). Been playing with that a few times and LOVE it. Such a spin machine. And my few vintage Agassi Head Trisys racquets I keep for just hitting a few times. I bring the Babolat, the Prince and the first 2 Radical Agassi racquets when I play in my Nike Court Tech 1 bag (which I LOVE).

I do. Years ago when I played regularly, I had several Prince Triple Threat Hornet racquets. In case I broke a string. That was early 2000s. Recently got back in the game and since the old TT Hornets aren't made anymore, I found a new Prince Hornet racquet on eBay for cheap (NOS) so I bought 3 of them for less than $140.

I used these until someone on Tennis Talk had for sale in the buy/sell section a 2020 Babolat Pure Aero in basically new condition (he played with it like 2 matches tops). For the price, I jumped quick (it was $110 plus shipping 😎). Been playing with that a few times and LOVE it. Such a spin machine. And my few vintage Agassi Head Trisys racquets I keep for just hitting a few times. I bring the Babolat, the Prince and the first 2 Radical Agassi racquets when I play in my Nike Court Tech 1 bag (which I LOVE).
The Babolat is a 16x20 racquet, right? If so, is there a big difference in feel and play compared to a 16x19?

The reason I ask, is I'm considering making a deal for a v8 Wilson Blade but debating if I should go for a 16x19 (Which I've only played with) or try out the 16x20.

All my sticks are 16x19, so I can't comment much... but the general rule of thumb is that the denser the string pattern, the more control... the tradeoff is that you generate less spin and less power. I guess it comes down to how you want to play your game. Of course, most pros go with a denser pattern cuz they have the technique to generate their own power and spin.

The Babolat is a 16x20 racquet, right? If so, is there a big difference in feel and play compared to a 16x19?

The reason I ask, is I'm considering making a deal for a v8 Wilson Blade but debating if I should go for a 16x19 (Which I've only played with) or try out the 16x20.
PA VS is the one that’s 16x20 pattern and is also a 98 not the standard PA. I would really suggest demoing if youre on the fence. It will save you a lot of headache

Back
Top Bottom