🎾 Official Nike Tennis (and other brands as well) Thread

rs.jpeg
rs (1).jpeg

Apologies if this has already been asked but do the GP Turbos run true to size? Want to get the Agassi inspired pair but want to order the right size. Also, does anyone who has seen them know if there is a difference between the men's and women's colourways? Thanks.

What’s the “solar red” on the GP’s supposed to match? I’ve been trying to figure it out but I don’t get it. I mean, I’m going to get them, but I’m not feeling the red swoosh so much.

Solar Red is a retro Challenge Court color. It should be the red in these shorts and polo from the CC collection.
2B7EF206-41B1-40D5-A888-5515C42C5127.jpeg

Solar Red is a retro Challenge Court color. It should be the red in these shorts and polo from the CC collection.
2B7EF206-41B1-40D5-A888-5515C42C5127.jpeg

I gotcha. With everything else they’re doing, they should’ve just made two different shoes.

Apologies if this has already been asked but do the GP Turbos run true to size? Want to get the Agassi inspired pair but want to order the right size. Also, does anyone who has seen them know if there is a difference between the men's and women's colourways? Thanks.

I went 1/2 size up from my normal. Length may be fine but the toe box is tight so I wanted a bit of extra room. Men’s has Solar Red, women’s has Laser Fuschia

Last edited:
Do you feel like sizing up was the right choice?

Yeah. I might have been OK with the length in my TTS but the toe box is so tight overall that I wanted any extra room I could get. The shoe just feels like it is pushing in from all directions, perhaps because of how much cushion there is. Lacing them with a heel lock mitigates any heel slippage from the bigger size for me. Even at a 1/2 size up, I will never wear these before going to the courts and will take them off as soon as I am finished. It is not a shoe where the fit is conducive to walking around comfortably (at least for me). The fit issues kind of fade away on court during play but I would never wear the GP just for casual.

I think I said on TT, the GP overall IMO is a step up in cushion but a step back in everything else from the ZZ. I would have preferred the sock liner just get a heel tab pull and for Nike to fix the ventilation. I dislike Nike's tongues bc they always have crappy stitching and extra foam sticking out and the transparent upper material on the GP tends to bunch up and look bad if you cinch down the shoe. I do think it performs well on court but after the Challenge court colors, I may just look for a whole different shoe to move to.

Do you feel like sizing up was the right choice?
I wore a 13 in vapor 9/9.5s.... never wore the vapor x. I'm also a 13 in the gp turbo. Imo, the turbo isn't Barrie in the toe box; it's tight above your toes. It's not bad though but is easily remedied with thinner insoles. The stock gp turbo has think insoles!

I discovered this when i was inspecting my turbos because the upper air chamber had popped in both shoes after a week of play! I'm hoping it was just an anomaly and am ordering a new pair on Monday.

Last edited:
Want the Challenge Court socks FAA and Edmund are rocking today but I haven’t seen or heard anything about them. PE maybe?

Did anyone see the kicks that Azarenka was sporting? Must be the new Vapors that'll come out soon. I have no photos, but they had the same sole and sharkfin support on the sides, but had the laces down the side. She won, so I'm sure she'll be playing Monday.

up in ndc as coming soon đź‘Ť

Attachments

• E1A3C3D2-3522-4C3D-AA10-B977561FA4F4.jpeg
    E1A3C3D2-3522-4C3D-AA10-B977561FA4F4.jpeg
    86.8 KB · Views: 91
  • 67023955-594C-477D-9E75-B4FAFF35F16B.jpeg
    67023955-594C-477D-9E75-B4FAFF35F16B.jpeg
    101.2 KB · Views: 656
  • 8C87CFA0-A6A6-4269-A37A-ED29D6710966.jpeg
    8C87CFA0-A6A6-4269-A37A-ED29D6710966.jpeg
    106.3 KB · Views: 861
Back