🎾 Official Nike Tennis (and other brands as well) Thread 🎾

omg I never saw this kind of abomination

Abomination?!! Little harsh don't you think? Care to learn the whole story about the shoes and who made them before making a comment like that? You obviously don't know of or ever heard of the Nike Doernbecher Freestyle Project have you? I'll fill in the important points for ya.

Nike chooses seven kids who are patients of OHSU Doernbecher Childrens Hospital every year and they give them the chance to design a one of a kind sneaker from a vast choice of current shoes. The ZC4 was designed by a young girl who a wheelchair tennis player. Here's the breakdown of her design below (and her condition)
Screenshot_20220301-092717.png

These designs are from the kids who deal with their medical ailments. A few years ago, a young kid took the Jordan XIV and added his twist including his story of having an organ transplant. Shoe looked amazing. Wanted a pair to wear as I too am a transplant patient but the Doernbecher shoes are now so collectible getting them for retail is next to impossible.

These Cages looks awesome and very unique. Imagine being 15 and having your own Nike designed logo for your name! That's incredible and the whole program has been a HUGE success as it's in it's 17th year. Abomination?! I don't think so. Especially seeing what some of their paid sneaker designers actually design and release (and we all shake our heads at times and think "WTH"). I added the link to this year's Freestyle program that shows all the designs.

I'll just add that dealing with a life altering & life changing medical condition, especially when your young like these kids SUCKS! TRUST ME ON THAT!! Currently dealing with Crohn's for al.ost the past 10 years ( and before it was diagnosed Crohn's, it was originally Ulcerative Colitis when I was diagnosed at 16 years old)

Try being 16, having a horrible bowel disease that medicine at the time (1993) wasn't as advanced as today, didn't work at all, and being in high school with kids who mock you and teachers who don't believe you when you need to use the restroom 15 times a day and feel like hell on a daily basis. I hated high school because of dealing with that. Add in a failing liver 8 years later from 16 years old. I'd have LOVED to be given the chance to design my own Nike sneaker back then. Would have done an Agassi shoe or a Jordan shoe if it was an option. Good for these kids to do something to cheer them up and make them smile. 👏👏🙏🙏

Last edited:
Also on nike europe back lot of items, like koala, rafa purple. Also available rafa jacket from ao and indian wells outfit

Im curious if rafas clay jacket and later, will be in one colours like AO, or 2 different colors/shades like IW or maybe some new template

Also on nike europe back lot of items, like koala, rafa purple. Also available rafa jacket from ao and indian wells outfit

Im curious if rafas clay jacket and later, will be in one colours like AO, or 2 different colors/shades like IW or maybe some new template
I've addressed rafas clay outfits previously.

I didn't even realize Nike were still allowed to sell those? I thought they had reached an agreement with him on the logo, considering that Uniqlo now sells them? 🤔

Abomination?!! Little harsh don't you think? Care to learn the whole story about the shoes and who made them before making a comment like that? You obviously don't know of or ever heard of the Nike Doernbecher Freestyle Project have you? I'll fill in the important points for ya.

Nike chooses seven kids who are patients of OHSU Doernbecher Childrens Hospital every year and they give them the chance to design a one of a kind sneaker from a vast choice of current shoes. The ZC4 was designed by a young girl who a wheelchair tennis player. Here's the breakdown of her design below (and her condition)
Screenshot_20220301-092717.png

These designs are from the kids who deal with their medical ailments. A few years ago, a young kid took the Jordan XIV and added his twist including his story of having an organ transplant. Shoe looked amazing. Wanted a pair to wear as I too am a transplant patient but the Doernbecher shoes are now so collectible getting them for retail is next to impossible.

These Cages looks awesome and very unique. Imagine being 15 and having your own Nike designed logo for your name! That's incredible and the whole program has been a HUGE success as it's in it's 17th year. Abomination?! I don't think so. Especially seeing what some of their paid sneaker designers actually design and release (and we all shake our heads at times and think "WTH"). I added the link to this year's Freestyle program that shows all the designs.

I'll just add that dealing with a life altering & life changing medical condition, especially when your young like these kids SUCKS! TRUST ME ON THAT!! Currently dealing with Crohn's for al.ost the past 10 years ( and before it was diagnosed Crohn's, it was originally Ulcerative Colitis when I was diagnosed at 16 years old)

Try being 16, having a horrible bowel disease that medicine at the time (1993) wasn't as advanced as today, didn't work at all, and being in high school with kids who mock you and teachers who don't believe you when you need to use the restroom 15 times a day and feel like hell on a daily basis. I hated high school because of dealing with that. Add in a failing liver 8 years later from 16 years old. I'd have LOVED to be given the chance to design my own Nike sneaker back then. Would have done an Agassi shoe or a Jordan shoe if it was an option. Good for these kids to do something to cheer them up and make them smile. 👏👏🙏🙏
I am very sorry for my comments, excuse my ignorance, I did not know about this, thanks anyway for the clarification, I would also like to have a cage designed by me and with my name without a doubt, if it is, these children have many more talents than current nike designers that their designs are ****, I hope that these boys can achieve a normal life with their illness and that this is a step so that one day they can be great designers, thank God I am healthy and I hope that these boys can cope with their illnesses. A lot of strength and encouragement with your illness, I hope you make it I wish you the best!💪🏻💪🏻

I am very sorry for my comments, excuse my ignorance, I did not know about this, thanks anyway for the clarification, I would also like to have a cage designed by me and with my name without a doubt, if it is, these children have many more talents than current nike designers that their designs are ****, I hope that these boys can achieve a normal life with their illness and that this is a step so that one day they can be great designers, thank God I am healthy and I hope that these boys can cope with their illnesses. A lot of strength and encouragement with your illness, I hope you make it I wish you the best!💪🏻💪🏻

Much respect my friend! 👏👏🙏🙏 I much appreciate your honest reply. I could feel your empathy in what you just posted. Most people won't post that they were wrong. I commend you A LOT!! 🙏🙏 Thank you for the kind words. I'm getting better, but being sick for 2/3rds of my life hasn't been easy. It's a drain, mentally & physically. For Nike to give these kids something to focus on something fun andget their minds off of being sick, is such a blessing.

The boys AND girls (had to make sure they get their due in this, sorry. See I'm a HUGE advocate for females succeeding in life. My wife faces harsh words sometimes from neanderthals who make snide comments when they see her driving her dream car SHE recently bought, a 2009 Lamborghini. They assume it's mine, or daddy's money, or some stupid ignorant comment. NOPE!! She's a professional in the finance sector, not stocks, who has done AMAZING for herself and I couldn't be more proud) that are featured have bright futures ahead with their strong will and positive outlook. Please stay safe and keep up the love of this wonderful sport that brings us together. 👏👏🙏🙏👍👍

Last edited:
Much respect my friend! 👏👏🙏🙏 I much appreciate your honest reply. I could feel your empathy in what you just posted. Most people won't post that they were wrong. I commend you A LOT!! 🙏🙏 Thank you for the kind words. I'm getting better, but being sick for 2/3rds of my life hasn't been easy. It's a drain, mentally & physically. For Nike to give these kids something to focus on something fun andget their minds off of being sick, is such a blessing.

The boys AND girls (had to make sure they get their due in this, sorry. See I'm a HUGE advocate for females succeeding in life. My wife faces harsh words sometimes from neanderthals who make snide comments when they see her driving her dream car SHE recently bought, a 2009 Lamborghini. They assume it's mine, or daddy's money, or some stupid ignorant comment. NOPE!! She's a professional in the finance sector, not stocks, who has done AMAZING for herself and I couldn't be more proud) that are featured have bright futures ahead with their strong will and positive outlook. Please stay safe and keep up the love of this wonderful sport that brings us together. 👏👏🙏🙏👍👍
thank you very much for the words! your wife's nice car by the way, take care anyway and continue with this beautiful sport

Back
Top Bottom