🎾 Official Nike Tennis (and other brands as well) Thread

Pre-Uso, Red-mint I imagine is for day session and Dark green for night
IMG_20230623_062640_826.jpg
IMG_20230623_062642_283.jpg
IMG_20230623_062639_297.jpg
I said this months ago.

Anyone have any luck getting the Johnny Mac Attack OGs?
Sold out instantly from what I can tell

Struck out on 6 raffles that Friday and had 5 or 6 windows open for different stores and nothing. But I then was messaged on here from KanyIZZY KanyIZZY , that he won a 2nd size 11 and he'll oop them to me. He knows if my love of vintage Nike Tennis and all my vintage Agassi stuff I have held onto forever (I'm an old head sneaker guy at 46 and played in all Agassi stuff since 1992).

So I hope to have them sometime late next week. 🙏🙏 Thankful to have a pair. Sounds like I may have to remove the insole on my right foot as some said they are snug. Strange as everyone prior who had them said they were fine TTS. We'll see. I'll make them work one way or another (I removed the insoles of my black lavas to wear them as the 11 is just a tad too snug. Without it, perfect.

Struck out on 6 raffles that Friday and had 5 or 6 windows open for different stores and nothing. But I then was messaged on here from KanyIZZY KanyIZZY , that he won a 2nd size 11 and he'll oop them to me. He knows if my love of vintage Nike Tennis and all my vintage Agassi stuff I have held onto forever (I'm an old head sneaker guy at 46 and played in all Agassi stuff since 1992).

So I hope to have them sometime late next week. 🙏🙏 Thankful to have a pair. Sounds like I may have to remove the insole on my right foot as some said they are snug. Strange as everyone prior who had them said they were fine TTS. We'll see. I'll make them work one way or another (I removed the insoles of my black lavas to wear them as the 11 is just a tad too snug. Without it, perfect.
Nice, congrats!

IMG_2014.jpeg

I struck out on all the raffles and everywhere releasing online the morning of. Luckily I had a store near by releasing FCFS and I was the only one in line when they opened. FYI if you are looking for these resale they run narrow. I went up a half size.
Good to know, maybe 12.5 will resell for less than 12 😇

IMG_2014.jpeg

I struck out on all the raffles and everywhere releasing online the morning of. Luckily I had a store near by releasing FCFS and I was the only one in line when they opened. FYI if you are looking for these resale they run narrow. I went up a half size.

I hope this doesn't come back to burn me. 🥺 Maybe by taking out the insole it will help some. I know it does in some other shoes I have.

I’m sure the hats are one size my dude just adjusted with the velcro strap. They aren’t like the bucket hats we had prior with different sizing.

They are definitely not one size. I bought M/L and L/XL sizes. There is a difference of 0.5-1.0 cm as measured from the top to the trim along one of the seams of the panels.

In my tests, M/L is the closest to the 3rd gen Rafa Featherlight Hat which was sold between Summer '15 through 2016 (which Rafa has continued to wear).

I still actually have my pair of those (all anthracite/black) and honestly, I hated playing in them lol. The courtposite was a much stiffer, much heavier, and less breathable version of the Air Court Implosions, which were my goto shoe back in my middle school tennis days. I feel so old now. Not my pic, but I had these:
nike-air-court-implosion-2.png

I'd happily buy a retro of these, but I don't think they're coming unfortunately

1688091353093.png

Ugh! 😒🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️ Why? Seriously Nike, like WTF? You decide to retro a tennis shoe that was out during Agassi's time (albeit it at the end before he left Nike, and one that I don't even remember him actually ever wearing) and you pick this?!!! 🤬🤬🤬 Of all the gems that are in the Nike Tennis vault, shoes that haven't gotten a retro yet, like the Alarm, Challenge Future, LW freaking P, a true OG ATC IV release HERE (not overseas), the Zoom Challenge, I could go on!!

Hell, with how popular the OG Mac Attack sold, you could do the ONE shoe that we all want and have wanted for decades (well over 30 years), that hasn't come back yet!! The original Air Tech Challenge 1! Even if you had to use the 2's midsole (to cut costs) with the visible air window (which no one would care, as long as it gets us that shoe), you guys picked this? Bleep me!!!

I'm bleeping speechless!!! 😞😞😞😒😒😒🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

Last edited:
Ugh! 😒🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️ Why? Seriously Nike, like WTF? You decide to retro a tennis shoe that was out during Agassi's time (albeit it at the end before he left Nike, and one that I don't even remember him actually ever wearing) and you pick this?!!! 🤬🤬🤬 Of all the gems that are in the Nike Tennis vault, shoes that haven't gotten a retro yet, like the Alarm, Challenge Future, LW freaking P, a true OG ATC IV release HERE (not overseas), the Zoom Challenge, I could go on!!

Hell, with how popular the OG Mac Attack sold, you could do the ONE shoe that we all want and have wanted for decades (well over 30 years), that hasn't come back yet!! The original Air Tech Challenge 1! Even if you had to use the 2's midsole (to cut costs) with the visible air window (which no one would care, as long as it gets us that shoe), you guys picked this? Bleep me!!!

I'm bleeping speechless!!! 😞😞😞😒😒😒🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️
Based

Based? 🤷 Because of my love of Agassi? Whatever!

Just so you know, these were NOT a good shoe. These came out the same time as the Zoom Implosion. Another Niketalk member wrote a great synopsis. These are a heavier, bulkier version with ZERO breathability! But they release because "Foamposite". GMAB!

These will die on the shelf and then Nike will say to the other higher ups, "see retro Agassi shoes don't sell" scrap the LWP, scrap the Futures, etc". But let's retro 54 colors of Jordan 1s, which are all sitting now. Seeing the Mac Attack sell so well should show Nike that retro tennis WILL SELL!!! I can almost guarantee that if they released the OG ATC VI, in the OG colors, (Cerise, Marina, Kiwi, the black/white LEs), they will sell extremely well if not sell out! If they actually got off their high horse and retroed the Air Tech Challenge 1, which MANY have been asking forever for, in both OG colors with the original logo, even with a air window midsole, it will sell out!! But hell, what do I know!! 🤷

Last edited:
Based? 🤷 Because of my love of Agassi? Whatever!

Just so you know, these were NOT a good shoe. These came out the same time as the Zoom Implosion. Another Niketalk member wrote a great synopsis. These are a heavier, bulkier version with ZERO breathability! But they release because "Foamposite". GMAB!

These will die on the shelf and then Nike will say to the other higher ups, "see retro Agassi shoes don't sell" scrap the LWP, scrap the Futures, etc". But let's retro 54 colors of Jordan 1s, which are all sitting now. Seeing the Mac Attack sell so well should show Nike that retro tennis WILL SELL!!! I can almost guarantee that if they released the OG ATC VI, in the OG colors, (Cerise, Marina, Kiwi, the black/white LEs), they will sell extremely well if not sell out! If they actually got off their high horse and retroed the Air Tech Challenge 1, which MANY have been asking forever for, in both OG colors with the original logo, even with a air window midsole, it will sell out!! But hell, what do I know!! 🤷
We're big Agassi fans... and not everyone may care as much as us... so I get it... It's not for everyone. But what really doesn't make sense is why they would, of all the Nike Tennis shoes, decide to retro the Courtposites. A shoe, from what I can remember, wasn't worn by many pros at the time. And I can still remember ppl on TT as well commenting on how they were heavy, stiff and lacked breathability.
Why??? Cuz they were a 'posite' shoe??? The Implosions, despite likely end up sitting on shelves, would have made more sense. At least they had some pros wearing them at the time.

We're big Agassi fans... and not everyone may care as much as us... so I get it... It's not for everyone. But what really doesn't make sense is why they would, of all the Nike Tennis shoes, decide to retro the Courtposites. A shoe, from what I can remember, wasn't worn by many pros at the time. And I can still remember ppl on TT as well commenting on how they were heavy, stiff and lacked breathability.
Why??? Cuz they were a 'posite' shoe??? The Implosions, despite likely end up sitting on shelves, would have made more sense. At least they had some pros wearing them at the time.
As someone who wasted $$$$ on all four pairs of the Courtposites and plays regularly those were terrible shoes. They were stiff, terrible arch support and generally uncomfortable to play in.

Back
Top Bottom