🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Drake & PND Album Fall 2024

Look at DMX he's washed, I bet no one thought he'd be washed. If he died after his second album ppl would be calling him the goat too.

Y'all can act like you don't know what I'm saying or trying to say but I'm not the first person to make this point and it's very very valid. You can disagree but it's very understandable

I hold Biggie in high regard, but him only having 2 albums for me works against him for sure.

In comparison to some of the all time greats in Rap, it sticks out like a sore thumb.

You can't take someone's peak and use it as to why they are "the greatest," I don't think at least. 

It'd be like if Lebron died in 2007 and we started calling him the best of all time because he could do it all.

Look at DMX he's washed, I bet no one thought he'd be washed. If he died after his second album ppl would be calling him the goat too.

Y'all can act like you don't know what I'm saying or trying to say but I'm not the first person to make this point and it's very very valid. You can disagree but it's very understandable
You off the chain tonight, but there is some validity to this. Longevity matters. 

DMX was never rapping on BIG level, even before the crack got him.

Emcee and skill wise biggie is definitely top notch, but it is true that he didn't have enough time to fall off. Plenty rappers fall off after the 2nd and 3rd album (DMX) and that could've very well happened to Big. The early/mid 2000's sounded nothing like the 90's, 05-10 also sounded different. 10- current sounds different. There is only one man who survived them all....

Last edited:
If you were born after biggie died of course there's a chance you won't hold him in high regard, and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that.

I get that. But then you can't really comment on how he is received now vs. how he was received then.

Dude talking about 50 and DMX. Dudes that were NEVER considered elite rappers. Did they have phenomenal runs? Absolutely.

But you don't even seem to know what you're arguing anymore.

Thread grows stranger daily.
laugh.gif

Lowkey one of the best on NT.
Has it always been like this ? 
eek.gif
  i dipped in here and there, but i never new  it was this crazy 
laugh.gif

That's like if I average 30 ppg for 3 years and get MVP for two of those years maybe one ring but then there's a guy who avg 25 for 10 years and gets 5 mvps 3 rings you can't say the 30 ppg guy is better. That's a slap in the face

Why y'all keep saying lyricism like that's the only thing hat puts you in the goat category though. That's only ONE aspect of rapping.

That's like if I average 30 ppg for 3 years and get MVP for two of those years maybe one ring but then there's a guy who avg 25 for 10 years and gets 5 mvps 3 rings you can't say the 30 ppg guy is better. That's a slap in the face

That's not like that at all. That's idiotic.

I get that. But then you can't really comment on how he is received now vs. how he was received then.

Dude talking about 50 and DMX. Dudes that were NEVER considered elite rappers. Did they have phenomenal runs? Absolutely.

Exactly, even at their peaks, they weren't considered the best, just the most popular.

Why y'all keep saying lyricism like that's the only thing hat puts you in the goat category though. That's only ONE aspect of rapping.

Man I named like 6 things Biggie was elite at.

He was way more than just a great lyricist.

Once again .... It's some weird **** in here [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

*insert grandpa Simpson gif*

Man I named like 6 things Biggie was elite at.

He was way more than just a great lyricist.

No, I know. But that's what I'm saying. Other dudes are just as good at making hits, club records, story telling etc. so why the lyricism makes him the goat

If you were born after biggie died of course there's a chance you won't hold him in high regard, and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that.

That's why I ain't even bother breaking it down. Some of these dudes just be saying **** just to say it. :lol:

Same dudes that will call Drake top 5 ever when he has a team of writers and half his music is R&B/Pop. Gotta know who you arguing with today.

Spelled Pac wrong..

Na.

Pac ain't even top 25 if we talking about rapping as an actual art form.

If we talking him as a person/artist/actor, he's transcendant but he was never that great of a rapper just very prolific.

Last edited:
No, I know. But that's what I'm saying. Other dudes are just as good at making hits, club records, story telling etc. so why the lyricism makes him the goat

It's cause he was great at multiple facets of the game. Contrast that with drake who is great making hits and commercial stuff but his pen being in question auto bumps him down in the other facets. And his storytelling hasn't changed at all, he's still talking about the same ****. Contrast that to say K. Dot now, he's checking a lot more of those boxes.

Back
Top Bottom