🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Drake & PND Album Fall 2024

No one ***** with this? really??
Top 5 Drake song for me, should've been the intro for 'Take Care' instead of 'Over My Dead Body'
Pretty certain he was never clearing that sample.  Especially considering that it's basically him rapping over a loop of a stolen, or secretly released, bitter artist's record that was entirely owned by his label and the label was heated it was out.

Drake blessed y'all with the freestyle over the track, but he didn't have the rights to that.

Last edited:
Also no song has been overrated as much as "Free Spirit". It's the backup quarterback of rap songs. You only love it because it didn't get any burn. If it was a real single there'd be more "ehhh..."s than the goat claims it gets. That **** is not special. **** is the epitome of a cookie cutter drake track. he didn't need it on the album. it sounded like all the **** he was doing before the last one.

Last edited:
Also no song has been overrated as much as "Free Spirit". It's the backup quarterback of rap songs. You only love it because it didn't get any burn. If it was a real single there'd be more "ehhh..."s than the goat claims it gets. That **** is not special. **** is the epitome of a cookie cutter drake track. he didn't need it on the album. it sounded like all the **** he was doing before the last one.
I think it didn't go with the album but to say Frees Spirit is not a good song......I don't know son I don't know .

Free Spirit could've well replaced Make Me Proud, now THAT was a real cookie cutter song

The overall dark tone of the album, Free Spirit would've been a perfect fit

Man if y'all don't shut up about this dark eerie stuff :lol:

The album had Headlines, Make Me Proud, We'll Be Fine, Underground Kings, and Over My Dead Body.

Dark and eerie clearly wasn't the album goal. It ain't a Weeknd album.

And I completely agree w/ what dude said about Free Spirit getting more hype because it got little burn

Those are all dark songs though, this is coming from someone who thought TML was wayyy too commercial, and NWTS was just right

I think it didn't go with the album but to say Frees Spirit is not a good song......I don't know son I don't know .
No where in there did I say it's not good.

I said it's over rated.

Last edited:
Those are all dark songs though
roll.gif

Free Spirit is one of Drakes best songs to me. I don't even like a lot of his music after Thank Me Later but that's a great song to me.

Ain't got **** to do with it not getting a lot of burn either. :lol:

Dark and eerie :lol: :lol:

I guess I'll chime in late and give my favorite 10 Drake songs in no order:

Ignorant ****
AM 2 PM
Light Up
Headlines
Congratulations
Cameras
Lord Knows
Miss Me
Half of Fancy
Too Much

Ok I understand the textures in the music I'll leave ya'll with ya'll opinion.

How about the fact that 'The Motto' was a BONUS song, it took off though?, I know what sound Drake was going for with the album.

Not true, it dropped a a bit before the album, before Tyga got on it...Marvins Room dropped that summer...so your point is?

Anyway, I'm just gonna leave it at 'Take Care' was intended to be a dark album, it would've been a perfect album if OMDB, Make Me Proud was replaced with DMCB and Free Spirit, and if Club Paradise was added to it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom