🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Drake & PND Album Fall 2024

Another HUGE ADVANTAGE Drake has is Apple Music (13 million subscribers vs Tidal 3 million.) Also Drake is on Spotify (30 million subscribers and he's in Tidal). So we're talking about 46 million vs 3 million steaming services.

Last edited:
Another HUGE ADVANTAGE Drake has is Apple Music (13 million subscribers vs Tidal 3 million.) Also Drake is on Spotify (30 million subscribers and he's in Tidal). So we're talking about 46 million vs 3 million steaming services.

Thats her fault for signing with Tidal :lol:

No way u can tell me he's more popular than her man no way :lol:. She is god level b, that **** dropped I never heard the album but I was reading lyrics the whole day. Besides apple music vs tidal views had a release date way ahead of time. Months in advance people knew it was coming in april, then u got a release date and people talking about double disk, 20 tracks far before the release. This ***** performed at the sb (had the world talking about it), dropped a video ( got Hilary damn Clinton talking about she carry hot sauce n red lobster #s probably shot up), then just dropped a album.

Thats her fault for signing with Tidal
laugh.gif
Is it really anyone's 'fault' if she's still about to outsell bruh?

And I also heard artists get a better percentage with Tidal. I'm sure Drake's contract is right but for the average artist, Apple raping dudes.

Drake ain't more popular than Beyoncé...but y'all don't realize how close he is.....it's closer than you think.

And Eminem is in the Beyoncé tier. Arguably above. I don't know one person of color who's played an em song since like 05. He's not on urban radio, not in the clubs, the barbershops, streets, social media....none of that. Dude has been trash since 2004 (with the exception of Bad meets evil).....but his whiteness will have him go down as the most successful rapper....hell, male American artist of all time.

Why are we using total album sales as the main quantifier here?

Flo Rida has sold more records than Drake. Does that mean he's more successful or bigger than Drake? Does that number means he yield's a bigger influence than him? Maybe Flo Rida was extreme so swap him out with Lil Wayne and the statement still stands.

Again...there are non tangible factors at play. Eminem is not GOD to everyone the way Beyonce is GOD to damn near every race of female 50 and under.

Last edited:
Eminem is a god to every white male that has listened to a verse of rap....
Exactly. One demographic.

Judging from social media...that bey hive looks to be worldwide. I seen white girls react like stans to that Formation video in the youtube comments.

Last edited:
Drake ain't more popular than Beyoncé...but y'all don't realize how close he is.....it's closer than you think.

And Eminem is in the Beyoncé tier. Arguably above. I don't know one person of color who's played an em song since like 05. He's not on urban radio, not in the clubs, the barbershops, streets, social media....none of that. Dude has been trash since 2004 (with the exception of Bad meets evil).....but his whiteness will have him go down as the most successful rapper....hell, male American artist of all time.
Fam really? OVER MJ? Seriously made that statement?? You need to be BANNED from NT! Oops....my bad misread it lol. You said "whiteness"

Last edited:
Fam really? OVER MJ? Seriously made that statement?? You need to be BANNED from NT!
It depends on what one defines success as. I'm not basing this on album sales and album sales only.

According to the numbers, he's right...Eminem may pass MJ one day in sales (according to google) but we all know how RIDICULOUS it would be to say that he's bigger or more successful than Mike. Since when was success only about sales? That's ONE avenue artists use to yield influence. 

Em WAS the man too :frown: right up until around Encore

People bashed Recovery but it was decent

Das it

U ain't lying about eminem. But white people decide what rappers become that big. When they decided to like Wayne he became the biggest rapper in the world while delivering his worse content. They couldn't relate to sq, hotboy, c1 c2 wayne. They can relate to drake, got dudes that call girls private and hang up after they hear their voices feeling confident. But em is gonna be regarded as goat by many.

I bet half of this thread doesn't listen to real rap. I highly doubt some of them can list 2Pac (solo) albums in order.

I bet half of this thread doesn't listen to real rap. I highly doubt some of them can list 2Pac (solo) albums in order.
Without looking

2paclypse

Stritcly for my ****** 

Me against the World

All Eyez on me

Makaveli the don 7 day theory 

R U Still Down? Remember me

The greatest

What's real rap?

Reasonable doubt < any pac album

Also biggie > pac
Actually subject matter, lyrical versatility, and over all style goes to 2Pac. Lyrical ability goes to Notorious B.I.G. 2Pac is better when you look at the skill set. Real rap is rap that is lyrical and doesn't sugarcoat anything.

Without looking

2paclypse

Stritcly for my ****** 

Me against the World

All Eyez on me

Makaveli the don 7 day theory 

R U Still Down? Remember me

The greatest
You could either add the last three (which I don't recommend) or you could take R U Still Down? (Remember Me) off.

Congratulations, You Played Yourself

HNIC
HNIC Pt.2
The Weatherman LP
Super Gangster (Extraordinary Gentleman)
War Report
The Reunion
The Infamous
Face Off (pastor Troy)
Reflections Eternal: RPM
Doe or Die
Strictly for my n's
The Death Of Tragedy
God's Son/ Lost Tapes
Duces N Trayz: The Old Fashioned Way
Black Star

Most my old school playlists are from 1990-2006

Last edited:
Congratulations, You Played Yourself

HNIC
HNIC Pt.2
The Weatherman LP
Super Gangster (Extraordinary Gentleman)
War Report
The Reunion
The Infamous
Face Off (pastor Troy)
Reflections Eternal: RPM
Doe or Die
Strictly for my n's
The Death Of Tragedy
God's Son/ Lost Tapes
Duces N Trayz: The Old Fashioned Way
Black Star

Most my old school playlists are from 1990-2006