🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Drake & PND Album Fall 2024

Last edited:
Clowning me cause I'm happy one of my favorite artists is selling like crazy?

I don't get it.

Speaking objectively and as a fan of good music, celebrating the sells from Views doesn't make much sense. Pretty sure the consensus is that this is Drake (& Friend's) worst album. With this album doing these kind of numbers (questionable due to the inclusion of hotline bling), Drake probably won't see a reason to try to make better music so in the long run he'll just keep putting out subpar music.

Whether the album is good or not is subjective person to person, theres really no sure meter to determine that

A wise man named Jay Z once said, men lie, women lie, numbers dont

Idk why it matters to ya'll if fans are showing their favorite artists love

Ya'll ruined this thread

2013 - mchg - tom ford

This was AFTER the samsung deal btw

Last edited by a moderator:
:lol:

One, dudes didn't care about numbers. They cared about how good the album was, because the only thing affecting you is the music.

Drake fans :lol:

Cmon man....dudes been caring about numbers in hip hop since the late 90s....this ain't nothing new.

There's nothing wrong with acknowledging your favorite artist success if you feel like it's well deserved.

If Nas goes plat on his next album...expect to see some :pimp: from me and other ppl.

Last edited:
Cmon man....dudes been caring about numbers in hip hop since the late 90s....this ain't nothing new.

There's nothing wrong with acknowledging your favorite artist success if you feel like it's well deserved.

If Nas goes plat on his next album...expect to see some :pimp: from me and other ppl.

Exactly, ****** been rapping about numbers since shiny suits.

A lot of barbershop back in my day type ****** in this thread. :lol:

Last edited:
I know he said it then in 2009

He was still talking about it in 2013

Speaking objectively and as a fan of good music, celebrating the sells from Views doesn't make much sense. Pretty sure the consensus is that this is Drake (& Friend's) worst album. With this album doing these kind of numbers (questionable due to the inclusion of hotline bling), Drake probably won't see a reason to try to make better music so in the long run he'll just keep putting out subpar music.

Dudes talk more about the numbers than the actual quality of the album.

When the album dropped dudes was hoping he'll drop something else cuz this was disappointment.

Now it's "but he's selling :pimp:'

He knows he can make lazy music and it's gonna sell off his name alone.

Based on the methods of MCHG's release, it very well was a lie :lol:. It wasn't all that different from U2's album showing up on people's itunes accounts

Last edited:

Who were these late 90's artist mentioning numbers?

You know how much Mase was selling? You knew album sales from The Source's year end issue and you would go cool. Nobody cared about their artist selling before 50.

and I've been listening to rap long before the late 90's

Last edited:
Hov still sold over 400 thousand copies the first week without Samsung.

Was actually around 530K...yet was platinum on the first day of it's release...yet was given away for free to anyone who had the app. That's why I don't believe in the participation ribbon style of sales today, cause there's no 100% way to tell. Just using Jay as an example anyway, cause he obviously doesn't need help selling record, yet still gets it.

Last edited:
I like Views a lot. And I think it's weird that people who don't like it act like nobody *really* likes it.

But coming in here talking about how much I like the album over and over again is kinda stupid. You listen to it, like it and it's part of your life now. People are more likely to be very vocal when they *don't* like something. What I'm about to sit here and go back and forth about some **** I'm enjoying for?

Last edited:
LOL this guy Drake....so corny :lol:

Back
Top Bottom