🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Scary Hours 3 11.17.23

Still fishy to me. Soulja ended up doing the same thing to the joka, who took offense to it, called soulja out and he was like 'i didn't bite, i was inspired by you'. If you take someone's flow, give them a shout out somehow, if you REALLY paying homage.

Not disagreeing with you. Drake does that a lot. 40 does too w/his production

Take obscure / "rare" lines and samples, and if someone catches it says they're "paying homage" very fishy.

Lot of rappers do it though, including Hov, Big, etc.

93237ED1-0934-46D9-932B-FBEAFCA57D43.gif

I agree with this completely. Survival had so much potential but he is way too short.

Misc Hot Take: Why I like the slower intros, to this day I maintain that Summer Sixteen should have been held back and been the intro to Views.
Even though the beat sounds a bit similar to Free Smoke, when the kick starts to thump and the drum rolls start hitting on Summer Sixteen!!!

97cUQEA.png

That DJ on Fire in the booth just wanted an excuse to hit the siren or explosion button smh. Big fan of that "freestyle" and also the "Behind Bars" track.

that's Charlie Sloth's signature :lol:

I felt like side b didn't lean into his R&B side as much as it should of. He basically was just rapping w/more pronounced melody(s)

You listen to I get lonely too, Teenage Fever, Good ones go, and then hear side B and think that's good drake R&B? Hell nah.

Side A was AOTY material though.

Trash though? Seems like you just didn’t get the type of tracks you were looking for. Like there’s no way you think March 14, Final Fantasy, Peak, Finesse, Jaded etc are trash.

Trash though? Seems like you just didn’t get the type of tracks you were looking for. Like there’s no way you think March 14, Final Fantasy, Peak, Finesse, Jaded etc are trash.

Finesse is terrible, and that's not R&B to me. (Like really? "It....takes....some...finesseeee? That's hot? I guess lol) March 14th isn't an R&B record and neither is Final Fantasy to me (Which I like)

Peak/Jaded/NFW

Could do w/o the rest honestly.

Did Drake come out and say side B was going to be all R&B? Like why do the songs on side B have to be R&B lol. Cmon bruh I know In My Feelings got played out but that’s a good *** song. Surprised you don’t **** with That’s How You Feel.

Bout to give side B a spin right now :pimp:

Out of side A, I could do without:

Can’t take a joke

Out of side B, I could do without:

Peak
Summer Games
Ratchet Happy Birthday
Final Fantasy
March 14th

Edit:

I been bumping Scorpion a lot lately, it does suffer from having a few fillers (the ones listed above IMO)

But for the other tracks, it’s a solid album, side A is fire

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom