🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Scary Hours 3 11.17.23

I've done made more millionaires than the lotto did / Dame made millions, Bigg made millions / Ye made millions, Just made millions / Lyor made millions, Cam made millions

Best bar on the album from my perspective, G.

Alright. I'm 5 songs in.... I was feeling the first four. I never actually listened to Started From the Bottom before, but I was feeling it. Hell, I was even feeling Wu Tang Forever, after hating on it. It's actually pretty dope. But then it got to Own it.. and Dude said "I don't wanna have sex I wanna make love, Next time we talk I don't wanna just talk I wanna trust." and I burst out in laughter picturing Drake telling a prostitute in GTA that she doesn't have to do that anymore. :rofl: And had to press skip.

Alright, back to listening.

:lol:

Own It and Come Thru are dripping with PartyNextDoor influence, and both are as
pimp.gif
as can be
When the beat changes on Come Thru 
smokin.gif

305 to my city shouldnt have ever made the album. :x

:smh: First time hearing Wu Tang Forever. That **** is dope. He bodied that ****. Def going to through the motion and 5am on my version.

guess im the only person feeling 305 to my city, play it in the whip maybe minds will change. But its this albums stripper song (practice)

Alright NT, does the grammy go to GKMC or this? Or better yet, which is better? Though this one will need to take more time to really judge 

Need to give this about 5-8 spins before I can come to a decision between NWTS vs. GKMC

Too Much Live > Too Much on the album

Should be reversed.. You can actually hear the emotion in his voice when he did the song on Falion.

Album version is
sick.gif

Worst Behavior is cool, is that a Kanye 808's sample I hear? I had to skip From Time. Hold On We're Going Home is stlll not even worth a full listen. Connect was whatever. The Language I'll admit he was flowing on it, but half the things he was saying were just making me laugh, and then Baby came on and it just made the album drop down an entire grade for me. 305 To My City... ummmm, I don't know if I'd ever listen to this again.

Too Much is pretty solid. Drake did his thing on it. Pound cake is :smokin, Come Thru.... yeah, I'm gonna skip that. And I've always liked All Me, its placement at the end is kind of weird though, unless its a bonus?

Off first listen, this is probably Drakes best album, but that isn't saying much. At times dude does make good songs, but you guys calling him top 5 is blasphemous, In a year of great hip hop releases, this isn't even top 5. But I'll stay out of the thread now and let you enjoy dude's album.

And to say this is even close to GKMC..... :smh:

Last edited:
guess im the only person feeling 305 to my city, play it in the whip maybe minds will change. But its this albums stripper song (practice)
I'm not gonna get to give this album the whip treatment for a while because I'm away for school, but I'll throw it on the speakers in my apartment.

After some more listens, I'm feeling this album a little more.  It's definitely music to ride to on a late night, was hoping for more SFTB/Tuscan Leather/S*** you can rap along with tracks...

Drake is really completing his sound. Sonically, melodically, lyrically....just effortless.

Beat switches, the transitions, breakdowns.

Just so well rounded. Very impressed off first listen.

Drake is really completing his sound. Sonically, melodically, lyrically....just effortless.

Beat switches, the transitions, breakdowns.

Just so well rounded. Very impressed off first listen.
This. Just did my first loop through.

Got plenty of **** I need to be studying for, and this album will be on loop the entire time.

Im not sure.. Still giving the edge to GKMC vs. Born Sinner.

Mind might be changed by tomorrow afternoon.

EDIT: Furthest Thing chorus describes me to a T
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Like, man....the transition into the 3rd beat on Tuscan Leather is on some when you meet the final boss in a video game type of #%^$

The first verse on Furthest Thing,

"Promise to break everybody off before I breakdown/

Everyone just wait now/

So much on my plate now."

Those feels
mean.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom