🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Scary Hours 3 11.17.23

i'm surprised no one is mentioning partynextdoor's obvious influence on some of these songs.

own it sounds completely written and performed by him, which explains why it's so unusual as a drake solo.

the chorus and 2nd half of come thru sound exactly like party, too. same goes for worst behavior.

abel was drake's muse for take care and party occupied that slot for nwts. i wish he got a feature credit, though.

i'm surprised no one is mentioning partynextdoor's obvious influence on some of these songs.

own it sounds completely written and performed by him, which explains why it's so unusual as a drake solo.

the chorus and 2nd half of come thru sound exactly like party, too. same goes for worst behavior.

abel was drake's muse for take care and party occupied that slot for nwts. i wish he got a feature credit, though.

Can definitely feel Party's influence on the album especially on Come Thru, and Own it.

The r&b writing is a bit more brash, callous, and shallow on the r&b/singing records on the album which kind of sums up PARTY as an artist.

Serious question for AntiDope and anyone else claiming this is the best album of the year...

Do you listen to any hip hop/rap that ISN'T mainstream?
Dont be one of those guys man. This whole anti mainstream I listen to underground so my taste is better than yours thing needs to stop. For the record I do, but it has no bearing on how great I think this album is. Its not like Drake was doing something totally different when he was underground, he has always been this guy.

The intro , from time and pound cake are all fire. I can live without the rest. I can only tolerate so much of his stale subject matter.

For the feeling "The Weeknd Stan's" just want to be like....... "Aye NwTs sucks" just so they can say Drake needs the Weeknd :lol:

For the feeling "The Weeknd Stan's" just want to be like....... "Aye NwTs sucks" just so they can say Drake needs the Weeknd :lol:

I don't think Drake needs the Weeknd at all.. but KissLand is definitely better than NWTS. Only a handful of songs on this album knock, IMO.

the first tuscan leather beat is terrible. 2003 soundclick status. the third is the only bearable one and by then, i've lost interest in the song.

i'm most disappointed with the production on here as a whole. very few of the beats feel full and complete.

Last edited:
I don't think Drake needs the Weeknd at all.. but KissLand is definitely better than NWTS. Only a handful of songs on this album knock, IMO.

This is coming from a guy who bumps all 3 Weeknd tapes, Kiss Land had me like

I thought the dopeness of take care is how the beat kept evolving and so did Drake bars. 2nd and 3rd beat were heat. 1st was meh. I really dig the last two verses.

Dont be one of those guys man. This whole anti mainstream I listen to underground so my taste is better than yours thing needs to stop. For the record I do, but it has no bearing on how great I think this album is. Its not like Drake was doing something totally different when he was underground, he has always been this guy.

No, I'm not saying you don't listen to "underground." I'm asking because there were literally tons of better albums to drop in the hip hop world this year. Like literally, tons.

No, I'm not saying you don't listen to "underground." I'm asking because there were literally tons of better albums to drop in the hip hop world this year. Like literally, tons.
I would have to disagree with you on that one. This and MCHG are the two best albums to come out this year in my opinion. Of the ones I've listened to of course, I know I havent heard them all

This year belongs to JT.  If Part 2 doesn't turn out that good, he still has the AOTY with 20/20 Experience Part 1...

Hell nah, weeknds album was wayy better and I like justin timberlakes too. The main thing JT albums has going for it is production, his voice just isn't that good IMO

Tons? :lol: Nah man just no.

As far as this year goes, I have it as NWTS, Born Sinner, and MCHG. That's just me though. Personally I can't imagine there being tons of projects better than NWTS this year.

Again, easily I'd say King Remember in Time is better, but people don't listen to KRIT :smh:

Acid Rap is one of the best projects this year. But people don't listen to that either.

LongLiveA$AP was a great album to me, but I know a lot of people would disagree.

Honestly, I'd say there was more replay value to Hall of Fame. Nothing is Stopping You > Tuscan Leather for an intro.

Back
Top Bottom