🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Drake & PND Album Fall 2024

I feel like PND is guaranteed to be on Views. I don't expect The Weeknd but it'd be nice

At this point who benefits more from a Weeknd feature on Views? Drake or Weeknd?

edit: and speaking of collabs, Killer Mike and El-P have been doing pretty well together

Last edited:
At this point who benefits more from a Weeknd feature on Views? Drake or Weeknd?

edit: and speaking of collabs, Killer Mike and El-P have been doing pretty well together

I usually agree with most of antidope post, but fam is tripping saying tpabf is trash. Smh wattba is good not great, future really can't miss right now

A Trak said it best.. WATTBA succeeded at being an event more than anything. Its good but not great.. Both solo projects are better. He always mentioned If youre reading this as the rap album thats most lasting of 2015 which I agree, it doesnt get old.

If you're reading did not last. If it did this tape wouldn't have happened. I just want emo Take Care Drake back. All this other stuff seems so inauthentic.

What exactly is it about Drake deviating from the emo lane that lacks authenticity for some of you guys? I don't know, I've never really understood that sentiment. If dude were rapping about moving weight or street stuff like guns and all that, I could see why it gets said. But dude practically says the same **** as when he's in his feelings, just a bit more upbeat.

What exactly is it about Drake deviating from the emo lane that lacks authenticity for some of you guys? I don't know, I've never really understood that sentiment. If dude were rapping about moving weight or street stuff like guns and all that, I could see why it gets said. But dude practically says the same **** as when he's in his feelings, just a bit more upbeat.
They have this idea of what type of production that Drake should be rapping over and if it isn't the 40 canvas they think he shouldn't be rapping on it.

That literally has to be it because he literally almost never steps out of pocket. Even though guys like Future say the most outrageous **** at times that can't possibly be true, they get a pass for it. Future sings and croons about heartbreak and heartache and gets a pass. Drake does the same he's the soft, Meme pop rapper. 

That was a bit of a tangent 
laugh.gif
 but yeah Drake almost never steps out of bounds with the lines. Even on this tape with future, a trap tape, he doesn't step out of bounds with the lyrics. It's him, but with harder, deviating production. That's literally it. 

Drake literally said something about "opps" and dudes not "wanting any smoke" on one of those songs.

So while he's not totally trapped out on this tape, let's not act like this is **** he says on the regular. He's influenced, I get it, but it's corny and it comes off like he's trying too hard.

It's not so much that he's not in the emo lane, but you can just tell he's forcing it.

So with the "album" release over all star break and now this, how many more projects does Aubrey need before he leaves Cash Money??  

So with the "album" release over all star break and now this, how many more projects does Aubrey need before he leaves Cash Money??  

Most contracts are for 5 albums tops, this would be his fifth.

He's obviously tryna get out the deal dropping 2 "tapes" in 1 year and releasing them as albums.

Most contracts are for 5 albums tops, this would be his fifth.

He's obviously tryna get out the deal dropping 2 "tapes" in 1 year and releasing them as albums.

But Word is he wanted to out both these tapes out for free and both times the label forced him to sell i

Plus I dont think this new tape is going to count towards his solo album count

But Word is he wanted to out both these tapes out for free and both times the label forced him to sell i

I don't believe that **** for a second, why would he wanna put out tapes for free when he knows he can go platinum and get closer to fulfilling his contract?

He already puts out a lot of free music, when's the last time he put out a body of work for free?

That will never happen.

There's also no reason to think this doesn't count towards his contract considering it came out under Cash Money. Any album released under Drake on Cash Money has to count towards it.

I don't believe that **** for a second, why would he wanna put out tapes for free when he knows he can go platinum and get closer to fulfilling his contract?

He already puts out a lot of free music, when's the last time he put out a body of work for free?

That will never happen.

There's also no reason to think this doesn't count towards his contract considering it came out under Cash Money. Any album released under Drake on Cash Money has to count towards it.
Not necessarily
Nas distant relative album with jr gong Marley didn't count towards his album contract

That will never happen.

From what I've read and gathered, the too late tape was all set to be a surprise release. Like it was going to be hosted by DJ Drama and it was going to be a Datpiff exclusive. It's why DJ Drama had the reference records that Meek ended up getting a hold of and how that whole beef thing started. He wanted to release it for free, but the Label didn't allow it. Same w/ this new tape to a degree.

And to the other point, the artist on this tape is "Drake & Future" which is completely separate from "Drake." I highly doubt Cash Money would recognize a "Drake and Future" album under "Drake." In all likelihood, it's probably a separate entity.

Safe to say it can be pushed as a single/safe bet for a hit

Cause I got a really big team
And they need some really big rings
They need some really nice things
Better be comin' with no strings
We need some really nice things
We need some really big rings
I got a really big team
Cause I got a really big team
And they need some really big rings
They need some really nice things
We need some really nice things
We need some really big rings
I got a really big team

[Verse 1: Drake]
Man what a time to be alive
You and yours vs. me and mine
Are we talkin' teams? Are we talkin' teams?
Oh you switchin' sides? Wanna come with me?
Look at the smile on me, look at the owl on me
I do not chase girls, but they run a mile for me
Say she gon' ride for me, I'll buy the tires for you
This game is different, you only get one shot when ****** gon' foul on you
Man **** 'em all, man we want it all
Don't get too involved, we gon' knock you off
And to top it all, I'm with all the dogs
It's a new season and we still breathin'

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

are we really listening to the same stuff? like what are some of you on....this song is a big hit?

Back
Top Bottom