🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Scary Hours 3 11.17.23

There's a new batch of songs that are growing on me more and more as my original favorites are getting less spins.

I'm really appreciating Madonna, no telling and *67, where his second half performance is masterful. That staggered flow is too cold. I'm late but I just peeped the shots at Wayne and tyga and possibly baby at the end (lions and tygas and bears i go hunting and put heads on my fireplace).

How can yall keep saying drake was born rich when he basically says him mom moved then into a house they couldn't afford and he had to take care of everything with degrassi cheques then part time phone scams.. You don't have to be homeless to be broke

Those were good songs and then I heard people that could actually sing on them and deleted Drake's immediately. The Weeknd's Trust Issues and JoJo's Marvin's Room are both incredible.
jojo can SANG man shes amazing. but her contract issues man 
mean.gif
 literally the worst contract of ALL time in music. ALL time.

Those were good songs and then I heard people that could actually sing on them and deleted Drake's immediately. The Weeknd's Trust Issues and JoJo's Marvin's Room are both incredible.
jojo can SANG man shes amazing. but her contract issues man :smh:  literally the worst contract of ALL time in music. ALL time.

What that contract look like, she could fit in OVO too

What that contract look like, she could fit in OVO too
ovo? stop. how disrespectful to put her next to partynextdoor and whatever else lames fill out that roster.

however, in short, her contract has no expiration date, no termination clause, and can only end after x amount of albums. but they're holding her hostage because they wont release any of her music AT ALL, so she cant release an album. Shes not even really allowed to be on anyone elses songs commercially. Shes literally being blackballed by her own label, theyre doing it out of spite for an unknown reason. Other labels have approached offering BIG money to buy her out of her contract, and they wont do it. its like they hate her so much, they refuse to let her go so she can do good for herself.

an abusive relationship thru and thru. she signed the contract when she was a child and dirt poor. the lawsuit has lasted for years but made no progress.

ovo? stop. how disrespectful to put her next to partynextdoor and whatever else lames fill out that roster.

however, in short, her contract has no expiration date, no termination clause, and can only end after x amount of albums. but they're holding her hostage because they wont release any of her music AT ALL, so she cant release an album. Shes not even really allowed to be on anyone elses songs commercially. Shes literally being blackballed by her own label, theyre doing it out of spite for an unknown reason. Other labels have approached offering BIG money to buy her out of her contract, and they wont do it. its like they hate her so much, they refuse to let her go so she can do good for herself.

an abusive relationship thru and thru. she signed the contract when she was a child and dirt poor. the lawsuit has lasted for years but made no progress.

Everything you just typed needs to be past tense according to Wiki.

Everything you just typed needs to be past tense according to Wiki.
yea i havent checked on her in a while. wont front its been a while since i talked to her (on twitter, no brag) or checked the situation. but theyre literally using her as an example of what a bad contract looks like in my girl's contract law class too. Its TERRIBLE what they did. but if she finally got out thats awesome! But it makes me ask....where the **** has she been? if she been out for a year...she shouldve gone dumb hard to make some noise

future CANT do better. and drake is lyrically miles beyond future

This is true but the funny thing is he's tryna sound like Future and Migos but that style don't work for him at all. It sounds forced as hell. If Drake can do a album with joints like Connect and 5AM In Toronto that **** would be dope. That would be a perfect mix of his singing and rapping.

Last edited:
This is true but the funny thing is he's tryna sound like Future and Migos but that style don't work for him at all. It sounds forced as hell. If Drake can do a album with joints like Connect and 5AM In Toronto that **** would be dope. That would be a perfect mix of his singing and rapping.
agreed

and honestly its why its hard to get into his music now. he still talks about things he actually knows (most of the time) so hes genuine for that. i can appreciate that. but after 7 years of him talking about girl troubles and now adding in bragging on money...i feel let down. he steals other peoples flows and concepts but hes drake so he gets away with it. his subject matter may be real, but i dont feel the passion from him anymore thru his music. last time i heard a track that AMAZED me was Fear. it was just genuine, and it was 100% him. 

ah well, artists change. i just wish he'd put some more effort into his music nowadays instead of trying to make every single thing catchy

She'd bring the label some legitimacy
As if having the hottest artist in the game heading the label doesn't bring enough legitimacy, huh?
laugh.gif

If there's a female artist that Drake should go for it's Lykke Li.  I don't know her label situation, but her and Drake >>> Jojo and Drake by far.

She'd bring the label some legitimacy

As if having the hottest artist in the game heading the label doesn't bring enough legitimacy, huh? :lol:

If there's a female artist that Drake should go for it's Lykke Li.  I don't know her label situation, but her and Drake >>> Jojo and Drake by far.

I mean obviously outside of Drake lol, everybody screams "OVO" cause of Drake they have no idea who the other guys are...

PND is straight

jojo is a far better singer than majid, and pnd, and drake, jhene, and especially lykkle li. please stop this madness

When you get to where I'm at, you gotta remind em' where the **** you at

Every time they talking it's behind ya back 

Gotta learn to line em' up and then attack

They gon say your name on them airwavvvvvvvvveeeeeeeeeeeessssss

they gon hit you up right after like it's only rap 

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom