09 Air Jordan 11 Space Jam Compared to OG All-Stars and Bulls CW

I'm pretty bored, figured Id share some pics I took of my Air Jordan XIs. Me, I love OG Jordans, especially XIs, XIIs, and XIIIs. Though they were all made over 10 years ago, I have found some to be very durable. I even have a special appreciation for foggy holograms on the XIIIs. But back to the subject. When I compared my 09 Space Jams to my OG XIs it became clear to me why Im a fan of OGs. I apologize if the pics aren't clear, I took them with my phone. Enjoy!

I'm quite sure we can all the difference here. The Jumpman on the Space Jams
smh.gif

Notice the shape. Space Jams have a lil lean or something going on while the OGs look to be standing tall.

The OGs were higher. Not major but the extra height us appreciated IMO.

Slimer toebox on the Space Jams. This was a problem to me when I first bought the Jams. The toebox was a little tight.

ive noticed this with my kiks too...og toebox much rounder and harder..no !!!%..lol..patent cut lower as well..who knows how future retros will be minisized later..lol..

hmmm..what the hell is that dot on the carpet..lol

There Are Many Differences Between The OG Run And First Retro Run (I'm not even gonna touch the 2009's)

The Mesh On The Concords And Black/Reds Have A Slight Tint To Them.....Concords Have A Purpleish Tint, Black/Reds Have A Reddish Tint.

As Noted Earlier, The OG's Are Taller, And The Toebox Is Rounder.

The Patent Leather Is Much Thicker On OG's.

OG Concords And AllStars Have Tinted Bottoms While The 2000-01 Retro Series Was Just Clear Bottoms
Red On The Bottom Of OG's Are A Brighter More Vibrant Red While The 01 Black/Reds Were "True Red"

The Jumpman Is Embroidered On OG's....Embossed On Retroes.

I would love to own a pair of OG XI's one day.....even though I have the cdp XI and the 01' black & red XI retro, I still wouldn't mind owning the OG version. I've always felt the black & reds were the best colorway of the XI's due to the fact that the soles remain true to their original look despite how many times you might wear them...not a fan of yellowing on XI's.

Everyone knows all the differences between og's and these recent drops, but that reversed jumpman on the left shoe drives me crazy..haha 01s are my most modern XI.

JB has a BIGGGG problem with the bulkiness in their retros.

The retros now are more sleek and small compared to the OGs that were bigger and not banana shaped

thanks for the pics man.

Your Columbia's are slick! I agree, higher cut is the way to go; looks better with jeans. =)

Originally Posted by AmnMolinar

^^^ same here. I wear my 01 blk/red all the time and they still look brand new.

Yep.  I didn't like the candy red soles either on the CDP.  I had the 01's, and those were just sleek.

OGs are very much appreciated. SMH at retro shape, cut, "lean" as you called it.

I loved the post. This makes NT, NT.

Originally Posted by Steve212

I sold my CDP XI's. The quality sucked. No regrets.
this

Originally Posted by JFMartiMcDandruff

JB has a BIGGGG problem with the bulkiness in their retros.

The retros now are more sleek and small compared to the OGs that were bigger and not banana shaped

thanks for the pics man.
and this. qft.

Back
Top Bottom