09 Boxing Thread:: 12/12 Diaz.vs.Malignaggi HBO/Bradley.vs.Peterson Showtime

Originally Posted by Proshares

BTW Rob, Cotto wins I'm sending you a check or doing a wire transfer don't have a paypal account anymore
laugh.gif
All good, I will do the same.

Originally Posted by TCERDA

Mirandas a C+ fighter. = BUM

He's not the most skilled but his punchin power alone keeps him from being Bum. someone like Kermit Cintron is a Bum LOL.
IMO Miranda beat Arthur Abraham in germany (Minus the fouls)
so in my eyes
anyone that can take it to a Champ like that aint a Bum

He could have ended Abraham early in that fight if he kept attacking the jaw with his uppercuts. But he got outpointed so easily IMO in the rematch so younever know which Miranda will show up.

He could have ended Abraham early in that fight if he kept attacking the jaw with his uppercuts. But he got outpointed so easily IMO in the rematch so you never know which Miranda will show up.
Miranda got KO'd in the rematch, but was up on points at the time of the stoppage which was around the 4th round. It was a wierd fight. Helooked good for a few round and then BOOM.

Originally Posted by TheProfessorOfPugilism

He could have ended Abraham early in that fight if he kept attacking the jaw with his uppercuts. But he got outpointed so easily IMO in the rematch so you never know which Miranda will show up.
Miranda got KO'd in the rematch, but was up on points at the time of the stoppage which was around the 4th round. It was a wierd fight. He looked good for a few round and then BOOM.

Yea? What the hell fight am I thinking of then?

laugh.gif

Looked it up and you're right...I don't know what I was thinking about.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Yory Boy Campas D8 Hector Camacho Sr.
plz tell me im reading that wrong

and i got ward beating miranda bum %*+
i had to read it twice that it said camacho SR.!!!
roll.gif

and against yory boy?! their combined age is damn near 100! hot damn!

Yea, this old head at one of my properties was askin me if I wanted to roll with him to watch that fight, I was like WHO? WHAT!? HELL NO! LOL

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Originally Posted by TCERDA

Mirandas a C+ fighter. = BUM

He's not the most skilled but his punchin power alone keeps him from being Bum. someone like Kermit Cintron is a Bum LOL.
IMO Miranda beat Arthur Abraham in germany (Minus the fouls)
so in my eyes
anyone that can take it to a Champ like that aint a Bum

Arthur proved that was a fluke in the second fight plus Arthur has to fight someone worth watchn. But you are right about the first fight. I actually had itpretty even, but the fight shoulda been stopped and Miranda shoulda got the victory. He always talks a good game but cant always back it up. I guess I justdont like the guy.

How do you rank these fighters..

Sugar Ray
Roy Jones Jr
Marvin Hagler
Thomas Hearns
PBF
Pernell Whitaker

If you pay money to see Yori Boy and Camacho sr you need to be shot period . This aint 1990 dont nobody wanna see that %+%% .
Thats a hard list to rank but 5 out of the 6 are all time great and the other has the potential to be if he stepped of to the plate . andI will leave it atthat

Originally Posted by MrDills

Sugar Ray
Roy Jones Jr
Marvin Hagler
Thomas Hearns
PBF
Pernell Whitaker
first, which Sugar Ray we talkin? i'm going to assume Leonard since all the others seem to be from the same time period.

Marvin Hagler
Ray Leonard
Thomas Hearns
Pernell Whitaker
Roy Jones Jr.
Floyd Mayweather Jr.

Originally Posted by mextra45

Thats a hard list to rank but 5 out of the 6 are all time great and the other has the potential to be if he stepped of to the plate . andI will leave it at that
indifferent.gif
You dont think RJJ is an all-time great

*edit* i didnt see PBF at first on the list......who would you leave out as an all-time great?

Sugar Ray
Roy Jones Jr
Marvin Hagler
Thomas Hearns
PBF
Pernell Whitaker

Sugar Ray

Marvin Hagler

Pernell Whitaker

Tommy Hearns

RJ

Floyd Mayweather

yall fools overrate the hell out of sweet pea on here

and gunna i just figured out last night where ur %%%#!+% got "The Get hitman" from

"i heard Sugar Ray called you Tommy The Get Hitman Hearns"
roll.gif
roll.gif

^^^ I love Sweet Pea he is my second favorite fighter. He hit like a baby though. That martin Episode was the funniest

#!%*, i think i have Sweet Pea ranked appropriately. He for sure accomplished more than PBF and RJJ imo, but doesn't have the resume of Hearns or the restof them.

#!%*, i think i have Sweet Pea ranked appropriately. He for sure accomplished more than PBF and RJJ imo, but doesn't have the resume of Hearns or the rest of them.
could have been better if he wasn't robbed by Chavez and DLH. Also that crack came into play.

PBf dont deserve to sniff that list of boxers.

Sweet Pea is arguably the 2nd greatest defensive fighter ever.
he deserves lofty praise.

Sugar ray
marvin Hagler
Sweet Pea
Tommy Hearns
RJJ

Sugar Ray
Roy Jones Jr
Marvin Hagler
Thomas Hearns
PBF
Pernell Whitaker

Marvin Hagler

Sugar Ray

Sweet Pea

RJJ

Hearns

PBF needs to clear the current welterweight division (+ Pac-Man) to even be considered.
Sweat Pea over RJJ?! Why the hate for Roy?

Sweet Pea > Roy.

Had he not been robbed in San Antonio against Chavez...that would confirm it.
yall fools overrate the hell out of sweet pea on here

You know damn well a case can be made for him beating Oscar...which is why you're mad.

#!%*, i think i have Sweet Pea ranked appropriately. He for sure accomplished more than PBF and RJJ imo, but doesn't have the resume of Hearns or the rest of them.
could have been better if he wasn't robbed by Chavez and DLH. Also that crack came into play.
i'm counting the chavez fight as a victory. Him cutting the end of his prime short with the crack is the main reason i have him below thoseother guys. And i'm a bit surprised with RJJ over Hearns. RJJ was great, but Tommy was a champ in every division from Welterweight to Light Heavyweight,and fought and beat WAY better competition along the way. Sweet Pea over Hearns i can understand though, I love Tommy but i hard time deciding which way tooorder those two.

Back
Top Bottom