09 Boxing Thread:: 12/12 Diaz.vs.Malignaggi HBO/Bradley.vs.Peterson Showtime

I'm picking Cotto via trademark left hook to the liver. Maybe around the 6th round. I'm hoping he injures Manny's vocal cords as well, lol
off_line.gif
bobby1109
Shane and Berto going at each other on Twitter
laugh.gif

this is great
laugh.gif
We need more feuds like this in boxing

41012100-0b60022c42df6ab810b9f5364c0c5f5e.4af39338-scaled.jpg

RT @G4WEAZ: @AndreBerto u can out box this guy. cotto did AND U BOX WAY BETTER THEN COTTO((( u right

RT @Chriz15:angry:AndreBerto I dont believe that @Shane_Mosley is a proven boxer. He has no reason to run his mouth. REAL TALK

But I know what it is though I've done alittle reaserch on steriods and it says thedrug makes u have crazy mood swings and feel bigger thanU really are..... Man Steriods is ahell of a drug!!!! @Shane_Mosley we can help u but the first step is to admit u have aproblem..

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by marionthebarberian

If pacqiua vs. money may ever happens it will be at Cowboys Stadium.

they said it COULD

but Arum has been talking about boxing in a big stadium for years now and has never done it

dude is full of %*%@

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Originally Posted by EdWord

how is punisher the most feared??????? he woulda lost to pavlik at 168 , 160 woulda gave him a challenge.heck i would probably take kirkland at 154. dude is nice but you guys need to calm down he's not THAT nice lmao

wasnt it u calling Paul Williams "Tommy Hearns" ???
nerd.gif

lmao yea that was me . i mean at 147 he beats berto,shane,collazo and gives floyd and cotto 12 good rounds.....154 and up is a differant story. at 168 vs aheavy handed pavlik? we havent seen his chin tested past 147...winky aint testin chins

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

how is punisher the most feared??????? he woulda lost to pavlik at 168 , 160 woulda gave him a challenge.heck i would probably take kirkland at 154. dude is nice but you guys need to calm down he's not THAT nice lmao

wasnt it u calling Paul Williams "Tommy Hearns" ???
nerd.gif

lmao yea that was me . i mean at 147 he beats berto,shane,collazo and gives floyd and cotto 12 good rounds.....154 and up is a differant story. at 168 vs a heavy handed pavlik? we havent seen his chin tested past 147...winky aint testin chins
I agree with your viewpoint.
Williams hasn't seen a puncher as powerful as Pavlik before....
But still that comparision was bad.
laugh.gif

lmao yea that was me . i mean at 147 he beats berto,shane,collazo and gives floyd and cotto 12 good rounds.....154 and up is a differant story. at 168 vs a heavy handed pavlik? we havent seen his chin tested past 147...winky aint testin chins

I think they were gonna fight at 160 for Pavlik's belt.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

marionthebarberian wrote:

they said it COULD

but Arum has been talking about boxing in a big stadium for years now and has never done it

dude is full of !!+@

Jerry has the money to pitch in and make it happen.

Originally Posted by marionthebarberian

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

marionthebarberian wrote:

they said it COULD

dude is full of !!+@

Jerry has the money to pitch in and make it happen.

when is the last time a MAJOR PPV fight was held outside of Vegas?

every year there is talk about this big fight going down in this place or that place

and at the end of the day Vegas brings way to much money to the table outside of the boxing ring that its always held there

I hope Valuev puts Haye to sleep. I know that isn't going to happen though. I'm hoping for a Haye/Adamek fight down the line so I guess he has to winthis in order for that to happen.

Originally Posted by dako akong otin

You guys think Haye can put on a RJJ on John Ruiz type performance?

I don't at all. Haye is not that fast and has an extremely weak chin. Enzo Maccarrinelli hits like a 190 lb Juan Diaz and had him hurt. That bum Barretthad him down. Valuev hits hard and is pretty precise with his punches which is the exact opposite of Ruiz.

BTW that paint can is fighting on the undercard. He's the mandatory challenger for whoever wins the main event but I think the winner will get a pass ifthey face Vitali next summer. The crowd for Vitali/Valuev in Germany...
eek.gif

Casamayor, Judah win
Comment Email Print Share
Associated Press

LAS VEGAS -- Four-time world champion Joel Casamayor and three-time champ Zab Judah both earned victories in their returns to the ring on Friday night.

Casamayor earned a unanimous decision victory over Jason Davis with all three judges scoring the super-lightweight bout 79-73. In the co-main event, Judahstopped Ubaldo Hernandez in the second round.

Judah floored Hernandez twice late in the first round and sent him to the canvas again early in the second with a hard body shot. Hernandez winced in pain andwas unable to continue. Referee Joe Cortez stopped the fight 35 seconds into the round.

"I trained hard for this fight and I'm on the road to redemption," Judah said. "It wasn't much of a fight, but I trained very hard andwas in the best shape of my life."

The 38-year old Casamayor paced himself throughout the first five rounds of his fight before taking control. He landed numerous power punches in the sixthround and dominated the rest of the way.

"I was turning it on in the sixth and getting my rhythm," Casamayor said. "It's better than a first-round knockout. I needed the work."

Casamayor is now looking for a title shot.

"I felt real good," he said. "I haven't fought in a year. I'm an old school fighter and I'm ready for anyone."

[h6]Mike (New York)[/h6]

If Cotto is 100% mentally he wrecks Pac. I agree with Atlas in that he did not look 100% mentally recovered from the Margo fight when he fought Clottey.
[h6]Dan Rafael[/h6]
[h6] (3:18 PM)[/h6]

I don't know where he is exactly but I can say this -- talking to Cotto yesterday he sounds VERY VERY confident.

[h6]Joe (Philly)[/h6]

I know I'm getting way ahead of things but Paq-Mayweather belongs in Yankee Stadium way more than it does in Dallas
[h6]Dan Rafael[/h6]
[h6] (2:47 PM)[/h6]

If that fight happens, rest assured it will be in Vegas. If not, I would be surprised. On the Yankee Stadium front, the Yankees took out an ad in next week's Cotto-Pacquiao program with a great picture of Yankee Stadium and calling it home to boxing in 2010. The Yankees are serious about doing a fight there next year.

[h6]Matt (CT )[/h6]

Dan, thoughts on Pavlik/Dawson at 168lb?
[h6]Dan Rafael[/h6]
[h6] (2:43 PM)[/h6]

Bring it on, but not a good fight for Pavlik.

[h6]Dan Rafael[/h6]
[h6] (2:36 PM)[/h6]

Valuev 314.6 pounds, Haye 216.7.

eek.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

[h6]Walter (Albuquerque, NM)[/h6]

Is there any scenario remotely possible that Mayweather gets the ring with Paul Williams?
[h6]Dan Rafael[/h6]
[h6] (2:22 PM)[/h6]

Maybe if they put Paul in suspended animation and rolled his body into the ring.

laugh.gif

[h6]Victor (Kansas City, KS)[/h6]

If Angulo dominates tomorrow night, who is next? Very very exciting fighter!!! Can't wait.
[h6]Dan Rafael[/h6]
[h6] (2:15 PM)[/h6]

The winner of the fight will be mandatory for Dzindziruk, so we'll see what happens.

Haye will not win running away and throwin 10 punches a round...

I know the guy is big but u gotta wanna win

Valuev is the aggressor but he's not landing anything at all. I know he wears lighter, smaller gloves but damn his hands look like those dudes from the BKcommercials.

Haye is landing the cleaner, stronger punches. This dude isn't fighting like he's 7 feet tall.

eek.gif
almost had him down there...

Left hook looked like it barely landed flush
laugh.gif

One thing though, he threw such a wild right hand. Best believe if it were Wlad or Vitali, their right hand would have been coming as soon as he missed thatshot. Valuev is just terribly slow.

Back
Top Bottom