'09 College Application and Acceptance Thread

Originally Posted by Thugnificence

Originally Posted by masterhammy23

^Gotta love california weather, it's like 60 here in the winter
roll.gif
only Socal. i grew up in Norcal, it definitely gets down to the 30s every winter

Nah man up here in Sac we stay around like 60 during the day, we'll get down a little further in the night though

UC RIVERSIDE- ACCEPTED
UC BERKELEY-
UC IRVINE-
UC SANTA CRUZ-
UC SANTA BARBARA-
UC DAVIS-
CAL POLY SLO-
SDSU-
SFSU- ACCEPTED

^Yeah, UC Riverside just sent me an e-mail telling me to add them to my application for free because they want me
roll.gif
, I don't know if I'm gonna doit though, my mom seems to think that applying to the lower UC's mean the higher UC's won't let you in because you're already in at the lowerone

^Yeah, UC Riverside just sent me an e-mail telling me to add them to my application for free because they want me
roll.gif
, I don't know if I'm gonna do it though, my mom seems to think that applying to the lower UC's mean the higher UC's won't let you in because you're already in at the lower one
your mom has no idea what she's talking about

University at Buffalo
St John's University (accepted)
Stony Brook University (accepted)
CUNY Baruch
Adelphi University (accepted)
SUNY New Paltz
Fordham University
RIT

I applied to UC Berkeley, UCLA, UCSD, UC Santa Barbara and Cal Poly San Louis Obispo as my back up.
Will hear from them in March.

roll.gif
, I don't know if I'm gonna do it though, my mom seems to think that applying to the lower UC's mean the higher UC's won't let you in because you're already in at the lower one
speaking as a UCR Highlander... yeah, she doesn't know at all lol

Applied to:
UT Austin
Texas A&M
Northeastern
Syracuse
Marist
Temple
Drexel
Penn State
UConn
George Washington
UMaryland

Accepted to:
Drexel
Penn State

Want to go to:
UT Austin
Texas A&M
Northeastern
Penn State
Syracuse

Originally Posted by Hokkaido JDM

roll.gif
speaking as a UCR Highlander... yeah, she doesn't know at all lol

I told her that too and I definitely am just gonna do what I think is right because she hasn't been through this before, neither has my dad, she was sayingbecause of the UC system where they don't have wait lists or anything that it was like they had to allocate certain people to them because you wereeligible for UC's. But it doesn't matter anyway, I think I'll get into UCSD and go there, I really loved it when I went down there, but if I gotinto LA or Berkeley, I'd have to really think about it.

Luckily, money shouldn't be a big issue because I just got the FAFSA number back and if a school meets demonstrated need I will not be paying much money atall and I think I could probably manage it myself

Chalk another one up... just checked online and UT-Arlington said yes
pimp.gif

now just waiting on UT and Texas A&M...

Applied TO:
-SUNY Albany
-SUNY Binghamton
-Howard
-College of Westchester(backup)
-CUNY Baruch
-CUNY Lehman

Accepted To:
College of Westchester(offered me a 10k scholarship)
waiting for more responses

Whats up with dudes applying to more than four or five places? Do you really need 14 choices? I knew an asian exchange student back in H.S. that applied toalmost 50 dif schools, LOL

Applied to:
Mississippi state (waiting for reply)
Boise state (must go through bridge program)
N.J.I.T (waiting for reply)
Iowa state (accepted)
Oregon state (accepted)

Someone put me onto Hofstra...I'm going to be transferring there probably

Northeast forum is dead...

Back
Top Bottom