$1,000,000 Michigan Lottery Winner Continues to Recieve Food Stamps vol not even the only 1

http://www.huffingtonpost...ry-winner_n_1327156.html

http://www.dailymail.co.u...-collecting-welfare.html

article-2111060-120DB36D000005DC-749_468x414.jpg

article-2111060-120D7E25000005DC-668_468x286.jpg

article-2111060-120DB374000005DC-885_468x433.jpg

'It's okay because I'm not working: Woman, 24, who just won $1MILLION lottery and bought a new home all cash is STILL collecting welfare

By Daily Mail Reporter

Last updated at 7:01 PM on 6th March 2012

Comments (51)

A young woman who won $1m on a state lottery has sparked outrage after she admitted to still claiming benefits.

Amanda Clayton of Lincoln Park, Michigan still claims $200 a month in food stamps and despite paying cash for a new home and car said, 'I'm still struggling.'

The 24-year-old added that she is entitled to the welfare handout as she has two homes to run.
Government assisted: Amanda Clayton, 24, still claims $200 a month in food stamps despite winning $1 million on a state lottery last year

Government assisted: Amanda Clayton, 24, still claims $200 a month in food stamps despite winning $1 million on a state lottery last year

'I feel that it's okay because I mean, I have no income and I have bills to pay,' she said. 'I have two houses.'

Clayton won the $1 million in October after paying $10 for a series of tickets in the Michigan State Lottery.

More...

Get rich AND die trying: Ambitious people earn more money - but they die younger and are no happier, says study
Powerball's $336 MILLION winner revealed to be 81-year-old woman

She posed proudly with a giant check for the six figure sum and told friends the jackpot would change her life.

But after a tip off that she was still claiming benefits a local TV station followed her around and filmed her with a secret camera.
Expectations: She expected her food stamp eligibility would be cut off but it wasn't because she's still unemployed and after paying taxes and deciding on a lump sum she has been left with just over $500,000

Expectations: She expected her food stamp eligibility would be cut off but it wasn't because she's still unemployed and after paying taxes and deciding on a lump sum she has been left with just over $500,000

Clayton was filmed going into a store and paying for goods using her Bridge card to pay for her items.

When confronted about continuing to claim welfare Clayton said she wasn't doing anything wrong.

'I thought that they would cut me off, but since they didn't, I thought maybe it was okay because I'm not working,' she told WDIV in Detroit.

Clayton said after paying taxes and deciding on a lump sum she was left with just over $500,000.
Caught: A local TV station followed the woman around, catching her using her card for groceries and hiring a U-Haul to move items from one house to the now second

Caught: A local TV station followed the woman around, catching her using her card for groceries and hiring a U-Haul to move items from one house to the now second

She was filmed outside her Lincoln Park home where a U-Haul van was waiting to take her possessions to a new home she had bought with cash. Clayton also had a new car.

Local politicians are pushing for a change in the law that prevents lottery winners from still being able to claim state benefits.

Republican Dale Zorn, who is sponsoring a bill to ban lottery winners from getting food stamps, said: 'Public assistance should be given to those in need of public assistance, not those that have found riches.

The bill has already passed the House, and Zorn is hoping it will pass the Senate soon.
Laws: Local politicians are pushing for a change in the law that prevents lottery winners from still being able to claim state benefits but until then, what Clayton is doing is legal

Laws: Local politicians are pushing for a change in the law that prevents lottery winners from still being able to claim state benefits but until then, what Clayton is doing is legal
Deserving: Standing outside her new house, pictured, Clayton said she will keep using her Bridge card until the state cuts her off, saying she deserves it and is also struggling being without a job and having now two houses

Deserving: Standing outside her new house, pictured, Clayton said she will keep using her Bridge card until the state cuts her off, saying she deserves it and is also struggling being without a job and having now two houses

'We need to have the lottery commission notify the state so that state can cross check those who are on assistance,' Zorn said.

There are two different bills—one in the House, another in the Senate that have each passed which would require lottery winners of prizes of $1,000 or more to have their names cross checked with the Department of Human Services.

Clayton said she will keep using her Bridge card until the state cuts her off and said she deserves it.

'It's just hard, you know. I'm struggling,' she said.
MOST READ NEWS

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.u...lfare.html#ixzz1oUuiK4mi

As I mentioned, not the 1st time this has happened in Michigan. They have laws that favor it. How about this gentlemen winning $2,000,000 on a TV show called "Make Me Rick" and still getting food stamps and social security and even having the nerve to get a lawyer to fight to continue to receive food stamps and do a press tour?

MMR_3-13_351163_7.jpg

She's just gearing up for when that 1 mil runs out, which will be sooner than later.

Hey, its not like you get the Mill in one check, its in installments

Spoiler [+]
greedy heifer
ODB getting foodstamps in a limo 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by superblyTRIFE

She's just gearing up for when that 1 mil runs out, which will be sooner than later.

She lives in Michigan. Look at that house. That's the NEW house she bought with her lotto winnings. !!@% was probably less than 100 stacks, the market there is horrible and it's not even a nice looking place. It's $200 a month which I could buy a months worth of food on and she can use cash for gas. If she were smart with her money, she could possibly not work a wage labor job again a day in her life. Although I agree with you, she'll probably do something stupid with it.

Who would smash though, then eat Lobster and Shrimps on the Michigan taxpayer's dime?

Originally Posted by StackJaxx

The midwest aesthetics struggle is REAL.

*pow pow*
laugh.gif

Cue Alonzo Mourning GIF.

But damn, That's why I'm sometimes against food stamps, People that don't need them, have money or at least a decent living get them.

I've seen lazy people with food stamps, So it's really not surprising.
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by shatterkneesinc

when a white person does it, its morally wrong
when a black person does it, its hustling

*scratches head*

Originally Posted by Ruxxx

Originally Posted by shatterkneesinc

when a white person does it, its morally wrong
when a black person does it, its hustling

*scratches head*

He's talking about the thread.. where's a couple(black) haven't paid a house note on a 1.2 million dollars house..in 5 years..A lot of the replies was that they were hustling..

Back
Top Bottom