1 arena, 3 teams, 4 days, and 6 playoff games.

225px-Staples_Center_LA_Live.jpg

staples_center-limo.jpg

Thursday May 17:
Game 3 Kings-Coyotes 6:00pm PT

Friday May 18:
Game 3 Lakers-Thunder 7:30pm PT

Saturday May 19:
Game 3 Clippers-Spurs 12:30pm PT
Game 4 Lakers-Thunder 7:30pm PT

Sunday May 20:
Game 4 Kings-Coyotes 12:00pm PT
Game 4 Clippers-Spurs 7:30pm PT

MADNESS.

This would be a once-in-a-lifetime vacation. Plus, the JW Marriott is right there in LA Live. Is anything going on at the Nokia Theatre?

Has there ever been anything like this?

My brother was just complaining about this. He's a laker fan. Im also kind of upset about it because of the spurs having to do the back to back.Can someone shed some light on why this is happening though?Would be something cool to be apart of though if you can go to all of it.

Originally Posted by HankMoody

Google it

Spoiler [+]
laugh.gif
 Im sorry I just had to.

Originally Posted by Jay02

Google it

Spoiler [+]
laugh.gif
 Im sorry I just had to.

It was a rhetorical question to be honest. No other city even has 2 NBA teams and an NHL team. I just don't think it's possible in any other place in the world also given that football (both kinds) and baseball playoffs are at separate times.

That also reminds me: This is just another thread in which 85% of the posts aren't googlable.
wink.gif

Originally Posted by Antidope

My brother was just complaining about this. He's a laker fan. Im also kind of upset about it because of the spurs having to do the back to back.Can someone shed some light on why this is happening though?Would be something cool to be apart of though if you can go to all of it.

If someone would've said the Kings would be in the WCF and the Clippers and Lakers would be in the 2nd Round six weeks ago, they would've laughed in your face.  It's happening now.
Lakers can't play Thursday due to it being a travel day.  Clippers can't play Friday because it's a travel day.  Kings take the facility Thursday, Lakers Friday.  Got to squeeze the other games in, luckily on weekends you can have "doubleheaders".

Dodgers vs. Cardinals at Dodger Stadium.  Above and Beyond Rave at the Shrine, and Roger Waters (Pink Floyd) Concert at the Coliseum.  If you don't have any tickets to these events or if you don't have any business in DTLA, avoid the area at all cost.  110 is going to be a parking lot all weekend.

stage 8 of Amgen California bike race ends around staples on sunday noon-#$* also....streets will be closed 
laugh.gif

and if kings/coyotes goes to OT(s)....
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

that said, lets go lakers/go kings go!

Google it

Spoiler [+]
laugh.gif
 Im sorry I just had to.

It was a rhetorical question to be honest. No other city even has 2 NBA teams and an NHL team. I just don't think it's possible in any other place in the world also given that football (both kinds) and baseball playoffs are at separate times.

That also reminds me: This is just another thread in which 85% of the posts aren't googlable.
wink.gif

New York has 2 NBA teams n an nhl team now.. just wanted to point that one out.

Originally Posted by ThaT Dude173

Google it

Spoiler [+]
laugh.gif
 Im sorry I just had to.

wink.gif

New York has 2 NBA teams n an nhl team now.. just wanted to point that one out.
well California has 4 NBA teams and 3 NHL teams... just sayin.
in the NFL? 3 (so does NY)

so, CA > NY

but back to the topic.... rarely do i see 3 teams share an arena like LA teams have to do.  correct me if im wrong, but i dont think that happens anywhere else?

but im more shocked that theres a back2back playoff game.

So one guy uses the word "city" to refer to Staples Centers, now we on that East Coast/West Coast again?
West Coast [+]

East Coast [+]

pretty cool if you got $$$ like that and a sports fan. Please leave the CA vs NY bs out of this post

I think it's ******ed in the playoffs teams are going to play a back to back.

I'm sure it's going to be a great game.

Thats amazing for the city of LA & also i would like to say those guys/ladies that are the clean up crew rest up I'm sure they are used to it some what because all 3 teams been in playoffs but i will take my hats off to them...

Back
Top Bottom