10/24 WWE Bragging Rights PPV | Raw vs Smackdown | Kane vs Undertaker | Orton vs Barrett p15

So Bragging Rights is this Sunday.  Man, I can't wait for this one.  Obviously the main event won't be the Bragging Rights match itself, but it is the match the show is named for, so let's talk about it briefly.  Why are Mysterio and Del Rio willing to work together?  Why are Big Show and Swagger willing to work together?  Why are Edge and Swagger willing to work together?  Why does Edge care about team Smackdown?  Why does Punk care about Team Raw?  Santino is treated like a joke for years and now he's representing Raw?  Who the hell is Tyler Reks and why is he representing Smackdown?  And most importantly, why do any of these guys even care about this match?  Don't tell me that these guys are so brand loyal because they appear on the other show just about every other week.  It's another boring multi-man match that doesn't even include guys people care about.

Mark Henry is likely the 7th person for Team Raw.  He missed last week's show because his brother suffered a stroke and was put into a medical induced coma.  I don't have an update, but I hope he is doing better.

I didn't enjoy much on Raw last week, but the closing segment involving Wade Barrett and John Cena was awesome.  Barrett played the perfect heel making people absolutely hate him as he continued to goad John Cena calling him a coward.  I am a Cena hater 99% of the time, but his facials and reactions to Barrett were great.  Barrett telling Cena "You Can't See Me" as Cena walked away from the ring just capped a great segment.  I'm praying they hold off the match between these two, but I have no faith in WWE to do this.  This would be a great WrestleMania match, but no way the program lasts that long.  At this point, I'm just hoping they can hold it past Survivor Series.

On the negative, I absolutely hate that Cena continues to basically play his normal character.  He comes out to his music.  He wears his Cenation gear.  He cuts his typical Cena promos.  If he's part of The Nexus, then they should make him part of The Nexus.  He can still reluctantly be a member, but he should not be Goofy Superman Cena.  I hate this about the program.

The GM angle becomes more and more annoying each and every week.  It seems like they still don't know where they're going with it, and it doesn't seem like there is any end in sight.

Last week, the GM said since Husky Harris and Michael McGuillicutty kept getting involved on Raw, if they want to be part of the show, they'll face John Cena and Randy Orton this week.  If Harris and McGuillicutty win, they will join The Nexus.  If they lose, they're gone from WWE.  By the way, I can't keep typing McGuillity.  It's the stupidest name in the history of wrestling.  And his finisher, The McGuillicutter, is even worse.  He looks like a jobber.  He talks like a jobber.  And he has no hope in WWE as far as I can see.  Harris on the other hand, I think he has a lot of upside if WWE doesn't hold him down because he doesn't look like John Cena.  You have to expect that Harris and MM win tonight.

The US Title and Bryan Daniel are officially done and buried.  I predict that both Daniel and Kaval will be done with WWE by this time next year if not sooner.  I'm glad they both got their paydays, but it clearly isn't going to work in WWE for either of them which is such a shame.

We'll have something involving Goldust and Dibiase.  We'll have something involving Natalya and Laycool.  I'll change the channel for both.  Tonight my focus will squarely be on the Yankees game.

I'll have some news and notes to post later today.

So Bragging Rights is this Sunday.  Man, I can't wait for this one.  Obviously the main event won't be the Bragging Rights match itself, but it is the match the show is named for, so let's talk about it briefly.  Why are Mysterio and Del Rio willing to work together?  Why are Big Show and Swagger willing to work together?  Why are Edge and Swagger willing to work together?  Why does Edge care about team Smackdown?  Why does Punk care about Team Raw?  Santino is treated like a joke for years and now he's representing Raw?  Who the hell is Tyler Reks and why is he representing Smackdown?  And most importantly, why do any of these guys even care about this match?  Don't tell me that these guys are so brand loyal because they appear on the other show just about every other week.  It's another boring multi-man match that doesn't even include guys people care about.

Mark Henry is likely the 7th person for Team Raw.  He missed last week's show because his brother suffered a stroke and was put into a medical induced coma.  I don't have an update, but I hope he is doing better.

I didn't enjoy much on Raw last week, but the closing segment involving Wade Barrett and John Cena was awesome.  Barrett played the perfect heel making people absolutely hate him as he continued to goad John Cena calling him a coward.  I am a Cena hater 99% of the time, but his facials and reactions to Barrett were great.  Barrett telling Cena "You Can't See Me" as Cena walked away from the ring just capped a great segment.  I'm praying they hold off the match between these two, but I have no faith in WWE to do this.  This would be a great WrestleMania match, but no way the program lasts that long.  At this point, I'm just hoping they can hold it past Survivor Series.

On the negative, I absolutely hate that Cena continues to basically play his normal character.  He comes out to his music.  He wears his Cenation gear.  He cuts his typical Cena promos.  If he's part of The Nexus, then they should make him part of The Nexus.  He can still reluctantly be a member, but he should not be Goofy Superman Cena.  I hate this about the program.

The GM angle becomes more and more annoying each and every week.  It seems like they still don't know where they're going with it, and it doesn't seem like there is any end in sight.

Last week, the GM said since Husky Harris and Michael McGuillicutty kept getting involved on Raw, if they want to be part of the show, they'll face John Cena and Randy Orton this week.  If Harris and McGuillicutty win, they will join The Nexus.  If they lose, they're gone from WWE.  By the way, I can't keep typing McGuillity.  It's the stupidest name in the history of wrestling.  And his finisher, The McGuillicutter, is even worse.  He looks like a jobber.  He talks like a jobber.  And he has no hope in WWE as far as I can see.  Harris on the other hand, I think he has a lot of upside if WWE doesn't hold him down because he doesn't look like John Cena.  You have to expect that Harris and MM win tonight.

The US Title and Bryan Daniel are officially done and buried.  I predict that both Daniel and Kaval will be done with WWE by this time next year if not sooner.  I'm glad they both got their paydays, but it clearly isn't going to work in WWE for either of them which is such a shame.

We'll have something involving Goldust and Dibiase.  We'll have something involving Natalya and Laycool.  I'll change the channel for both.  Tonight my focus will squarely be on the Yankees game.

I'll have some news and notes to post later today.

- The entire WWE SmackDown roster is in Calgary, Alberta, Canada for tonight’s Bragging Rights go-home edition of Monday Night RAW. Furthermore, the RAW roster is booked for tomorrow night’s SmackDown tapings in Winnipeg. This is being done for a final push going into Sunday’s Bragging Rights pay-per-view.

WWE has confirmed that Big Show will be on RAW tonight with his Knucklehead co-star Bobbe J. Thompson. WWE hasn’t announced any other SmackDown stars appearing on RAW tonight but that’s the word coming out of the building today.

- Deadline.com reports today that the USA Network is close to ordering a reincarnation of WWE’s Tough Enough, which aired years ago on MTV. Deadline notes that Tough Enough “is expected to run in tandem

- The entire WWE SmackDown roster is in Calgary, Alberta, Canada for tonight’s Bragging Rights go-home edition of Monday Night RAW. Furthermore, the RAW roster is booked for tomorrow night’s SmackDown tapings in Winnipeg. This is being done for a final push going into Sunday’s Bragging Rights pay-per-view.

WWE has confirmed that Big Show will be on RAW tonight with his Knucklehead co-star Bobbe J. Thompson. WWE hasn’t announced any other SmackDown stars appearing on RAW tonight but that’s the word coming out of the building today.

- Deadline.com reports today that the USA Network is close to ordering a reincarnation of WWE’s Tough Enough, which aired years ago on MTV. Deadline notes that Tough Enough “is expected to run in tandem

Will Tough Enough replace NXT? 
nerd.gif

Why does Edge care about team Smackdown?

Edge is pretty much booked as a face now, and following the story he hates RAW because of the whole thing with the GM.

The US Title and Bryan Daniel are officially done and buried. I predict that both Daniel and Kaval will be done with WWE by this time next year if not sooner. I'm glad they both got their paydays, but it clearly isn't going to work in WWE for either of them which is such a shame.

Danielson isn't being buried. Last week he actually had a longer, non-squash match with Sheamus which was actually pretty good. Plus if you wanna put it in kayfabe...why would you expect the US Champ to take down a guy who was still world champion a few weeks ago? Sheamus beating him isn't that unrealistic.

Kaval isn't either, it's all a part of a storyline. WWE wants to turn him heel and they're doing it by slowly turning him, as he gets more frustrated with every loss. He's gonna snap and probably beat up Mysterio or Kofi. That was even more clear when they booked Reks to screw him over.
Patience my friend, patience. 

nerd.gif

Edge is pretty much booked as a face now, and following the story he hates RAW because of the whole thing with the GM.

The US Title and Bryan Daniel are officially done and buried. I predict that both Daniel and Kaval will be done with WWE by this time next year if not sooner. I'm glad they both got their paydays, but it clearly isn't going to work in WWE for either of them which is such a shame.

Danielson isn't being buried. Last week he actually had a longer, non-squash match with Sheamus which was actually pretty good. Plus if you wanna put it in kayfabe...why would you expect the US Champ to take down a guy who was still world champion a few weeks ago? Sheamus beating him isn't that unrealistic.

Kaval isn't either, it's all a part of a storyline. WWE wants to turn him heel and they're doing it by slowly turning him, as he gets more frustrated with every loss. He's gonna snap and probably beat up Mysterio or Kofi. That was even more clear when they booked Reks to screw him over.

vince loves the big guys

u already seen what sheamus has accomplished

watch when sheffield returns, mason ryan gets called up, fadh rakman, conrad tanner, big e langston and others

vince drools over them

but guys like danielson and kaval shouldn't be misused because of their height

make the titles mean something again and bring back the cruiserweight belt to show off your high flyers

vince loves the big guys

u already seen what sheamus has accomplished

watch when sheffield returns, mason ryan gets called up, fadh rakman, conrad tanner, big e langston and others

vince drools over them

but guys like danielson and kaval shouldn't be misused because of their height

make the titles mean something again and bring back the cruiserweight belt to show off your high flyers

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

– Former WWE talent Dave Bautista (a/k/a Batista) said during a radio interview this morning with DC101 that he is close to signing with Strikeforce to compete in mixed martial arts. The former WWE Champion noted that both sides agreed on a monetary figure last week and that he hopes to have a deal done soon so that he can fight on their March show.
Agthekid will be eating a mud sandwich on UStream when this happens.

– Former WWE talent Dave Bautista (a/k/a Batista) said during a radio interview this morning with DC101 that he is close to signing with Strikeforce to compete in mixed martial arts. The former WWE Champion noted that both sides agreed on a monetary figure last week and that he hopes to have a deal done soon so that he can fight on their March show.

Originally Posted by ElijahBrohammed

Batista left the WWE
eek.gif
... Wrestling sucks now.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ElijahBrohammed

Batista left the WWE
eek.gif
... Wrestling sucks now.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Mr DragonFly Jones

nerd.gif

Agreed 100%.

On another note. VKM on Youtube asking you to use facebook, twitter, myspace? Hilarious.

nerd.gif

Agreed 100%.

On another note. VKM on Youtube asking you to use facebook, twitter, myspace? Hilarious.

WWE is in full out propaganda mode now.  Vince will be on Raw tonight to address the fans.  How about he address the issue of employees vs independent contractors.  Trust me, I'm sure that won't be mentioned.  I hope Linda gets absolutely buried in the election in two weeks.  AND I hope her running backfires and forces WWE to make major changes now that so many issues have been brought to light.

World Wrestling Entertainment is calling on WWE fans worldwide to “Stand Up For WWEâ€

WWE is in full out propaganda mode now.  Vince will be on Raw tonight to address the fans.  How about he address the issue of employees vs independent contractors.  Trust me, I'm sure that won't be mentioned.  I hope Linda gets absolutely buried in the election in two weeks.  AND I hope her running backfires and forces WWE to make major changes now that so many issues have been brought to light.

World Wrestling Entertainment is calling on WWE fans worldwide to “Stand Up For WWEâ€

Vince will be on Raw tonight to address the fans? maybe a new era starts tonight

expect
Spoiler [+]
mark henry
to be the final member for team raw

Vince will be on Raw tonight to address the fans? maybe a new era starts tonight

expect
Spoiler [+]
mark henry
to be the final member for team raw

nerd.gif

Yeah, that's a great way to build someone up.  Take someone that over 50% of your audience doesn't know because no one watched NXT.  Then have him come out and job to guys like Chavo Guerrero and Tyler Reks.  Fans are sure to buy him as a dangerous heel if he turns.  Get real.  WWE has no plan for Kaval.  They didn't expect him to win NXT, but he did.  So they have to put him on TV, but they don't have to do anything with him.

The way you get guys over by losing is have them lose by a hair in long, competitive matches to the same 1 or 2 guys over and over.  Each time, the victory is right there for them, but they just can't get it.  And you don't have them turn heel because they can't win.  You make them a bigger face because when they finally get that win, the fans pop big.

nerd.gif

Yeah, that's a great way to build someone up.  Take someone that over 50% of your audience doesn't know because no one watched NXT.  Then have him come out and job to guys like Chavo Guerrero and Tyler Reks.  Fans are sure to buy him as a dangerous heel if he turns.  Get real.  WWE has no plan for Kaval.  They didn't expect him to win NXT, but he did.  So they have to put him on TV, but they don't have to do anything with him.

The way you get guys over by losing is have them lose by a hair in long, competitive matches to the same 1 or 2 guys over and over.  Each time, the victory is right there for them, but they just can't get it.  And you don't have them turn heel because they can't win.  You make them a bigger face because when they finally get that win, the fans pop big.

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

Still won't acknowledge that Bryan isn't being burried? Sheamus made him look great this past week. Best match on Raw.

Honestly, no one knows where their going with Kaval. He looked like a star against Chavo and in his tag match with Kofi. Let's just see where this Reks thing goes. 

Back
Top Bottom