happy.gif
happy.gif

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by lurkin2long

Originally Posted by omgitswes

sweet I'm an EE major wont graduate till 2012 at the earliest though

yikes!

lets pray for the best.

if it wasn't so easy to get into engineering here, i would def be going into investment banking. that isn't one of the brightest things to do at themoment though.

Originally Posted by BallinB

hoop4life313 wrote:

accounting and auditing jobs are not looking that great, coming from someone in the industry
With the constant changes in rules, regulations, SOA, why wouldn't there be a greater demand for auditors and jobs in the accounting industry?

Accountants and auditors

2006 employment: 1.27 million

2016 employment: 1.5 million

Percentage increase: 18

Best for: Accounting majors

Accounting is not as recession-proof as a lot of people think.

Sure businesses will always need to pay taxes and be audited, but the large amount of bankruptcies and takeovers have hurt business at many of the largeaccounting firms. The recession has also caused many business to be more unwilling to pay large auditing/tax fees so in order to win business, many of thefirms are forced to provide the same services at a much lower rate than before. All this = lower revenues = layoffs.

I'm not sure what's going on with the small/local CPA firms but all the Big 4 are having tons of layoffs right now. The current financial crisis hascaused Deloitte to lose major audit clients like Merrill Lynch, Washington Mutual, Bear Stearns, Ralph Lauren, and probably GM later on this year. Heads areabsolutely flying off over there.

This is coming from someone that will be joining one of the Big 4 in 6 months...

accy firms are definitely cutting down and laying ppl off.
had friends that got their offers retracted just recently, some from the big 4.
i know some people who are probably going to get laid off after the 4/15 tax day. rediculous
everybody is walking around with an anvil hanging over their heads

can anyone tell me why dudes hate on marketing degrees so much? forreal, i always see the jobs on these lists, but whenever i tell someone my field of studythey laugh at me.

looks like i'll be laughin em all the way to the bank

Gee - as an Econ major who graduated in december 2008 (basically 2009 right?) i wouldn't say things are looking all that promising.. i haven't evenreceived a call back yet on any job offers i've applied for.. which is probably over 100 now.

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

Gee - as an Econ major who graduated in december 2008 (basically 2009 right?) i wouldn't say things are looking all that promising.. i haven't even received a call back yet on any job offers i've applied for.. which is probably over 100 now.
Keep knocking on the doors man, one of them will eventually open

HISTORY AND ENGLISH MAJOR FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh wait.... I guess I'm %$*#!%.

Back
Top Bottom