102982: Today Is My Late Brother's Birthday. Reaching Out For Support.

Signed. Always in support of the sport of skateboarding, especially when it's related to a good cause. Did your bro ever go to Woodward Camp in PA?

Signed. Always in support of the sport of skateboarding, especially when it's related to a good cause. Did your bro ever go to Woodward Camp in PA?

I don't believe so! We didn't have a lot of money growing up, but we talked about it....because I liked BMX bikes and Dave Mirra a lot back in the day day.

He skated for some area shops and companies too.

He received a lot of free shoes/clothes from all kinds of companies: East Coast Clothing, Lakai, Pit Crew, Green Barrel, (WolfPack possibly?). It's been a long long time!

I was contacted on Friday by a reporter for the local paper in Northern VA and they want to do a story/article on him and the cause. This should help a lot.

Skate parks are a great addition to all communities. The sport has for too long been stigmatized and viewed by many as "destructive" by nature. A park would be a perfect place for skateboarders to practice their love for the sport while helping to keep them out of trouble and simultaneously spare city property. With baseball diamonds and basketball courts being built left and right, it's only fair that boarders are provided a spot to work on their craft. As an individual that once shared Naji's passion for the sport of skateboarding, I support this cause.

Signed.

PS. I went to Woodward in '99. Funny you mention Mirra, because he was there that Summer. I actually got a chance to eat breakfast with him which was pretty cool, even though I was a skater.

Signed.

Story really hits home for me because I'm a recovering painkiller/ heroin addict. I know that what happened to your brother could have/ could happen to me real easily.

Sorry for your loss, but I think what you're doing is really cool.

Peace.

Last edited:
Signed man, mostly becuase he's busting crooks in D3's. havent seen a pair since 7th grade. Best wishes on making this a reality, I would love to donate what I can

Signed.

Story really hits home for me because I'm a recovering painkiller/ heroin addict. I know that what happened to your brother could have/ could happen to me real easily.

Sorry for your loss, but I think what you're doing is really cool.

Peace.

View media item 378204

I know that's right man. I hope this story in the local paper can help bring some awareness to the growing issue of prescription pain medication misuse and abuse.

rest in power to your brother

petition signed, fb liked.

please count me as a supporter.

Good looking out my man! It's truly appreciated!

Thanks to all of those in VA and across the country showing support.

Almost at 400 signatures now (it's been 5 days) and I know I can get a couple of thousand.

Back
Top Bottom