$10k cash for a 350z - or $10k down on a BRZ? Or. 98 boxster for $9K cash?

That Porsche will probably cost more in maintenance sooner than your warranty will go out on the BRZ..... I highly doubt the BRZ will depreciate much. Most Subarus hold their value very well. But if your putting 10k down and still 20k... Can't you just buy a brand new one with no miles? Or is that 10k down and finance 10k?

if you want something that holds value dont get the brz the other 2 cars already took the hit on depreciation

id say the 350 but too many miles for me so that leaves us with the porsche
yeap ...

you don't purchase a vehicle as an investment and you don't purchase a new car thinking you will ever be up ... maybe up-side-down!

OP, don't listen to this moron.

$9000 for a 15 year old Porsche Boxter (which is the ****tiest Porsche) is LAUGHABLE.

The BRZ has 5000mi. It's already gone through depreciation.
I do agree a boxster is the sorriest porsche - but it's still a porsche not a subaru or a nissan! LMAO!

9k is about right for the car BTW - i guess you are smarter than the major companies that appraise vehicles ...

OP, don't listen to this moron.

$9000 for a 15 year old Porsche Boxter (which is the ****tiest Porsche) is LAUGHABLE.

The BRZ has 5000mi. It's already gone through depreciation.
I do agree a boxster is the sorriest porsche - but it's still a porsche not a subaru or a nissan! LMAO!

9k is about right for the car BTW - i guess you are smarter than the major companies that appraise vehicles ...

1. No one is going to give a **** about your Boxster, let alone one that is 15 years old.
2. Have fun spending $9000 on the first year in repairs and maintenance, not to mention $1200 for tires every other year.
3. If you end up getting yourself the Porsche, :smh: at you.

1. No one is going to give a **** about your Boxster, let alone one that is 15 years old.
2. Have fun spending $9000 on the first year in repairs and maintenance, not to mention $1200 for tires every other year.
3. If you end up getting yourself the Porsche,
mean.gif
at you.
money shouldn't be a worry if you getting a porsche ..

you keep flossing in your 350z and your subaru ... we look at you and laugh ...

3. If you end up getting yourself the Porsche, :smh: at you.
money shouldn't be a worry if you getting a porsche ..

you keep flossing in your 350z and your subaru ... we look at you and laugh ...

If money isn't a worry, you wouldn't be getting a $9000 15 year-old Boxster :lol:

Just keeping telling yourself that you're "flossing" in a 15 year-old Boxster. What are you, 17 years old?

Last edited:
OP, you should just scratch everything and get yourself an Acura ILX. Or lease a Lexus CS200h.

Not sure if srs... OP is obviously looking for a fun sporty roadster... not a dd snoozemobile.

OP Watch out for the early boxters tho... Theyre known to have a high number of problems resulting in total engine failure. If your dead set on a boxter I would look for a 2001+ as they were much more reliable than the earlier variants.

OP, you should just scratch everything and get yourself an Acura ILX. Or lease a Lexus CS200h.

Not sure if srs... OP is obviously looking for a fun sporty roadster... not a dd snoozemobile.

OP Watch out for the early boxters tho... Theyre known to have a high number of problems resulting in total engine failure. If your dead set on a boxter I would look for a 2001+ as they were much more reliable than the earlier variants.

Then get an S2K or a Miata.

If you have 10k cash and your considering cars over 10 years old I'd go with one of the 90s japanese monsters. You know the ones, the ones pushing 276hp.

realtalk get a foxbody for like 2 grand and dump 8k in upgrades into it.

thank me later

Was looking at a 300zx, #11 of #200 made.. Some special edition whatever, guy got it as a gift because he worked as a consultant during the time , older Asian dude (50-60 YO) he wanted $4,000 as he has a couple of cars in the garage, lives in my neighborhood.

I think I might see if I can't find a low mileage 350 Z

has anyone bought a coupe new, and knows the deprectaion time/amount?

I already found a couple BRZ"s with 4-8k miles that are $19,999 ... Should I wait a couple months, a year? Does that mean saving $1k or $5k? I'm saying this because I don't need the car RIGHT now...

Use 10k to buy da hemi... then strap it to ur back cuz thats all u gettin for ur money pleigh boy.

But seeiously. seeing as ur considering vehicles with 100k miles this should be easy.. get whichever has the best carfax/cheapest parts n labor.

If those are the ONLY three options (theyre not)..

Me tho?id put 2k down on the brz n lease for under 300 a month... then u have 8 stacks liquid to put into something that wont depreciate

Last edited:
Looking for a second vehicle, want a coupe-

2004 350z - $10k , 95,000 miles. Pay cash

BRZ $20k, put $10k down, 5,000 miles

98 boxster, $9k , 68,000 miles. Pay cash

What's everyone's thoughts ?

2 seater is cool, don't really wants anything big - want something that holds its value-
Might as well go with the boxster .. low miles 9k and it's a porsche.

so you have status ...

hard top?

I'll try to negotiate to 8k.

350z nissan 
Brz subaru 
Nice cars, but no status ... 
Just saying

You don't have status with an old Porsche, it's always an idiot who thinks they have something and have money when they don't.

Look for a low mileage Honda S2000. Can be had in that price range. I'd go that route and buy a hardtop for it as i don't like soft top convertibles. Not much to maintain, handles well and has a good amount of horsepower. More than a BR-Z and 98 Boxster at least.

Look for a low mileage Honda S2000. Can be had in that price range. I'd go that route and buy a hardtop for it as i don't like soft top convertibles. Not much to maintain, handles well and has a good amount of horsepower. More than a BR-Z and 98 Boxster at least.

All of this. But if you're dead set on the one of those 3, the 350z is the most bang for your buck. It's the fastest, looks the best (subjective), relatively cheap to maintain. Look for tire-feathering issues on years before 2006.

if you're feasibly willing to spend up to $20k on a car...why not get a newer Porsche? I think if you wait a little while, you may be able to get a cayman in the low 20's which is a much better looking car than the boxster.

if you're willing to pay up to $20k, that opens up a lot of other options as well, but financially, it'd be wisest to pay cash for a depreciating asset in a situation like this.

Was looking at a 300zx, #11 of #200 made.. Some special edition whatever, guy got it as a gift because he worked as a consultant during the time , older Asian dude (50-60 YO) he wanted $4,000 as he has a couple of cars in the garage, lives in my neighborhood.

I think I might see if I can't find a low mileage 350 Z

get this car... its far more of a head turner than the 3 cars you listed... is it the NA or twin turbo?...

Back
Top Bottom