11-12 NTPI Fantasy Basketball (Season 2)

It's already 8:10PM on my clock and the 14th team still hasn't registered (ahrow), so I gotta cut mynameisrolf's team. Sorry man, Draft is coming up in 4 hrs, and I need to finalize the teams for the draft to push through. maybe next year man.

League Notes

• Your live online draft is set for Fri Dec 23 12:00am. Please arrive at least 10 minutes early since your draft will start promptly at the assigned time. 
  • Rank your players up until 45 minutes before your draft.
  • Test your system to ensure the draft application will work correctly.
  • Join a mock draft to practice your draft strategy.
  • The draft order will be randomly determined approximately 30 minutes before the draft begins.
  • Managers, make sure to check your league settings before you draft.

Sorry sir, I just read your message at around 12:30am Manila time Dec 23. I wasn't able to log in because of an error that says: The league is not set in pre-draft or something like that. I don't know if I can still join, if not that's ok maybe next season. Thanks anyway! God bless!!

sorry to disappoint with my first pick! LOLOL
statistically, LeBron is the best player in the L
right now. KD is not far behind.

Originally Posted by ahrow

Sorry sir, I just read your message at around 12:30am Manila time Dec 23. I wasn't able to log in because of an error that says: The league is not set in pre-draft or something like that. I don't know if I can still join, if not that's ok maybe next season. Thanks anyway! God bless!!

league has already drafted. sorry man, try joining next year.. thanks!

we could have started this week...
ohwell.gif

The NBA is back and so is the battle for NTPI fantasy basketball supremacy. Will maxtempo96 be able to defend his championship or will someone step-up to claim the throne! Twelve teams, two divisions, 9 managers return from the inaugural season, 3 newbies trying to prove they have what it takes to compete, 1 goal -- to be called the 2011-2012 NTPI Fantasy Basketball CHAMPION!

Opening Week Matchups (Dec 25 - Jan 1)

melo15fan vs flip jumpman1

key players: D. Wade / A. Stoudemire vs C. Anthony / K. Bryant

A bunch of the 2010 Redeem Team members will play their hearts out for their respective franchises. Knicks teammates, Melo and Amare go head to head in this opening week matchup. A motivated D. Wade against the Black Mamba (who is suffering from an injury and is going through a divorce). A war between NBA superstars, this will be a good one.

kingferic vs Jethro

key players: R. Westbrook / D. Williams vs S. Curry / A. Jefferson

kingferic will heavily rely on the dynamic play of Westbrook and the awesome playmaking skills of Deron Williams. Jethro will be hoping that the ankle injury sharpshooting guard Steph Curry suffered in their preseason game won't bother him that much. Big Al will look to provide decent rebounding and scoring numbers.

hellomarco vs rubynator

key players: D. Howard / Al Horford vs P. Gasol / M. Ellis

An uninspired and obviously distracted Howard may mean less rebounds and blocks from Superman while premier bigman, Al Horford will provide hellomarco with double-double numbers every night. Gasol will be counted upon to put up solid numbers for the Lakers with Odom leaving for the Mavs. Ellis right now is dealing with off the court distractions (harassment lawsuit) which hopefully doesn't affect his explosive scoring game.

gh0stface05 vs maxtempo96

key players: K. Durant / J. Smith vs K. Love / L. Aldridge

Durant was last year's scoring champ and would probably win it again this year ( he added a Nowitzki-esque 1-foot fadeaway jumper to his arsenal). Smith has slimmed down and appears to be much quicker and more explosive which could result to more blocks, steals and rebounds. Defending champ maxtempo96 will rely heavily on the rebounding machine Kevin Love, who also shed some weight during the offseason. Aldridge will look to cement his place as Portland's franchise player with Brandon Roy retiring earlier this month.

KobeoverBron vs blasdiaz

key players: L. James / J. Wall vs C. Paul / R. Rondo

KobeoverBron surprised everyone when he chose LBJ as the 1st pick of the 2011 draft but who could blame him. LeBron is an absolute fantasy stud, a stat sheet stuffer. He also has sophomore guard John Wall who looks to dougie his way into becoming one of the league's premier playmakers. But blasdiaz also has a stud in his lineup in the form of new Clipper, CP3, who is looking to have a fantastic season in LA. Rondo will post superb assists and steals numbers.

lastchance21 vs daveyyy

key players: D. Rose / B. Griffin vs D. Nowitzki / E. Gordon

lastchance21 assembled a nice tandem with 2010-11 MVP D-Rose and athletic freak BG32. Rose will probably have better shooting percentages this season while Griffin will have easier scoring opportunities now that he is playing with a superstar point guard. daveyy will rely on Nowitzki's scoring and rebounding who is looking to defend the NBA title. Eric Gordon will be motivated to play hard this season after being sent away by the Clippers. Athleticism vs Shooting prowess. What wins?

yep, all teams can win it! I'm still ashamed of what I did...
but yeah, no doubt he's a top 3 player today...

Originally Posted by hellomarco

can we have an increase in the max moves per week? maybe 5 or 6?

I don't know man. I think having less moves makes the league more competitive. Managers can't add/drop their way to victory cause it's now riskier to make roster moves.
I think allowing 5 or 6 roster moves is a little too much. I could probably adjust it to 4 max moves if at least 6 managers agree to it.

WEEK 9 ( Jan 2 - Jan 8 )

Match of the Week

It's a rematch from last season's Finals matchup between melo15fan (4-5) and maxtempo (2-7).

Both lost their opening matchups but with different results. Defending champ maxtempo96 struggled to keep up against gh0stface05's team with Tyrus Thomas still not able to play and especially after Mike Conley suffered an ankle sprain on Dec 28. Meanwhile, melo15fan was chasing flip_jumpman1 all week long, even trailing by as much as 4 categories before eventually losing 5-4.

Both managers will look to bounce back from a tough opening week.

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Injuries:[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]melo15fan[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] A. Stoudemire - [/font]Sprained left ankle

[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]maxtempo96[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]M. Conley - [/font]Sprained left ankle

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]T. Ariza - [/font]Groin injury

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]T. Thomas - [/font]Left ankle sprain

Other Matchups

kingferic (5-3-1) vs rubynator (1-7-1)

hellomarco (7-1-1) vs daveyyy (5-4-0)

gh0stface05 (7-2-0) vs lastchance21 (4-5-0)

Flip Jumpman1 (5-4-0) vs KobeoverBron (4-5-0)

blasdiaz (5-4-0) vs Jethro (3-5-1)

nice update melo! Kobe came through the clutch for me! HAHA! It's getting hard to manage Wall and Tyreke. Too damn
unpredictable!

Originally Posted by kobeoverbron

nice update melo! Kobe came through the clutch for me! HAHA! It's getting hard to manage Wall and Tyreke. Too damn
unpredictable!
Congrats bro!  Kobe certainly gave this win away for my team.  Time to bounce back next week! 

I know! I was surprised to see the stat. Anyway, it was a nice week and battling for stats neck-neck.

Tomorrow I only have Jonas Jerebko playing. #*$! 1 player?!?!

MotW Results

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/font]

[/font]

• Very close fight between last year's finalists which could have gone either way.

WEEK 9 RESULTS

STANDINGS (as of Jan 10, 2012)

•  gh0stface05 has now overtaken hellomarco in the overall standings, and is now the league's top team.
     Defending 
    champ maxtempo96 continues to struggle and remains at the bottom of Division 2 (11th
     overall).

WEEK 10 ( Jan 9 - Jan 15 )

Match of the Week

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/font]

[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Our MotW will feature two former MVPs, Kobe Bryant (07-08) and Derrick Rose (10-11).[/font]

[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Flip Jumpman1 (9-8-1) will count on a rejuvenated Black Mamba who seems to have regained some of his explosiveness after receiving treatment on his knees in Germany. And with no triangle offense to restrict him, Kobe has the green light to carry the offense for his team. Also in Flip Jumpman1's lineup is Carmelo Anthony, Tim Duncan, Steve Nash and Andrew Bynum.[/font]

[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]On the other side, Derrick Rose will lead the way for lastchance21's (7-11-0) team.  Rose has seen a drop in his points average but has countered it by upping his assists numbers this season. Other notable players in lastchance21's lineup are Blake Griffin, Gerald Wallace, Chris Bosh and Andrea Bargnani.[/font]

[/font]

[/font]

Other Matchups

kingferic (10-7-1) vs melo15fan (9-9-0)

hellomarco (12-4-2) vs blasdiaz (9-9-0) 

rubynator (5-12-1) vs daveyyy (8-9-1)

gh0stface05 (13-5-0) vs  Jethro (8-9-1)

KobeoverBron (8-9-1) vs maxtempo96 (6-12-0)

[font=arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif]
[/font]

bad week for my players.. hats off to Flip Jumpman 1.. Kobe doing work.. 3 games with 40plus points wild... match up is lopsided stats wise...

Back
Top Bottom