11/18- VIKINGS VS RAIDERS- Vol. Welcome back Daunte

I got Vikings taking this one 17-7 in a ugly win. Chester Taylor will get both of MN's touchdowns. Also, Daunte will gethurt trying to show Minnesota that he's Top 5 QB in the league and that they never should've dropped him.
89snd4i.jpg

71hczth.jpg

moz-screenshot.jpg
moz-screenshot-1.jpg

Quick Look at Raiders and Vikes from NFL.com

Last meeting
In 2003, the Raiders defeated the Vikings 28-18. Oakland forced six turnovers and converted them into 21 points. On offense, RB Tyrone Wheatley finished with 109 yards and one touchdown.

Streaks
The Raiders have won four the last five and lead the overall series 8-3.
[table][tr][td]
C_Taylor_070930_inside.jpg
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Bruce Kluckhohn - US PRESSWIRE[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Because of a knee injury to rookie RB Adrian Peterson, Chester Taylor will get the start against Oakland.[/td] [/tr][/table]
Last week
The Raiders lost to the Bears in a closer-than-it-looked 17-6 game. The teams exchanged field goals until the final quarter, when Bears QB Brian Griese threw a 59-yard touchdown pass to Bernard Berrian with 3:11 remaining. The Vikings were pummeled by the Packers 34-0 and also lost league rushing leader Adrian Peterson, who was carted off the field after suffering a knee injury.

At stake
Both teams sit at the bottom of their respective divisions. The Raiders look to stop a five-game skid while the Vikings need to find a healthy QB to finish out the season.

Key matchup
Vikings RB Chester Taylor vs. Raiders run defense. Despite suddenly being without Adrian Peterson, the Vikings still have a favorable matchup at running back with backup -- and former starter -- Chester Taylor. The Raiders, ranked 29th against the run, have given up a league-high 13 rushing TDs on the season. The Raiders defensively are ranked fourth against the pass, and with Tarvaris Jackson struggling, Oakland could devote more personnel to stopping Taylor.

Did you know?
Raiders DT Warren Sapp needs 3½ sacks to become only the second defensive tackle in NFL history to record 100 in his career (John Randle, 137½). ... Minnesota P Chris Kluwe is second in the NFL with 22 punts inside the 20-yard line.

This game doesn't deserve it's own thread. I hope the Raiders destroy us so Zygi can see that Childress is not the answer.

"Hopefully we'll see vintage Daunte just for 1 game only "

i hope not, i'm tryna tank the rest of the season to get Darren McFadden and a new O-Line.

and side note, peep tha sneaks...you got my avy.

I really hope the Minnesota crowd is good to Daunte, considering the show he put on for the Vikings during the time he was there.

I'm still a Duante fan and I really hope he can regain that magic that made him such a force on the field during his pro bowl year.

Yeah Asomugha's back. He was the one who intercepted it in the end zone and tried to do something cool and got tackled at the 2 yard line.

Nice win for the Vikings. They commited turnovers at time but I like the way they were playing. They didn't miss a beat even though Adrian Peterson was outand they even threw a 77-yard trick play in there that us Minnesota fans weren't expecting.

Vikings 29, Raiders 22

CHESTER!
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

totaled 160 and found the end zone three times in adrian's absence. not taking anything away from adrian but, this proves anybody can beast behind thatline.

Back
Top Bottom