11 Guys You'll Always Find Playing Pickup Basketball

laugh.gif

If anything, the dude in jeans and boots should be sonning folks on the court like no tomorrow. And as recently discussed here in General, there needs to bethe cat in the Nike shoes, Nike shorts, Nike shirt, shooting sleeves, etc. but sucks severely.

wj4 wrote:
If anything, the dude in jeans and boots should be sonning folks on the court like no tomorrow. And as recently discussed here in General, there needs to be the cat in the Nike shoes, Nike shorts, Nike shirt, shooting sleeves, etc. but sucks severely.

Usually gear has a parabolic relationship with performance. The whole matching JB or Nike outfit usually means that you suck but usually work boats and jeansalso are not a good sign. The best players usually are dressed for a basketball game but it is usually just regular mesh shorts, a plain Tee with the sleevescut off and some basketball shoes that are neither falling apart but not fresh out of the box either. It is that happy medium where most good players at thepark sit.

I do have to disagree with who ever said that bringing a duffel bag and sandals is always a scrub. In that case it is negative parabolic relationship, theplayer with the fresh and fully stocked bag either terrible and is continuing the tactic of compensating with fresh gear or the person with the bag is good andspends lots of time at the gym or at the park and has figured out how to deal with the heat and humidity and sweating associated with playing lots ofbasketball.

I have a bag and it makes hooping outdoors, especially in hot weather, much more comfortable. I can keep, all in one small duffel bag, a couple towels; coldwater; a wrist and head band (circa 2001 I did wear those things for style but now only when I know I'll sweat a lot) and a pair of sandals and a fresh Teefor after I am done for the day. It feels gross to be marinating in your own sweat and to get it on car seats but when you change your shirt and swap yoursweat socks for sandals, you feel good and can linger after a day of hooping and talk and maybe even do a quick errand on the way home.

I also have helped the less prepared by keeping a manual pump; an extra ball; sweat proof sunblock and my mini first aid kit, which has some of my xanax (whichI take when my WPW acts up and my heart beats very rapidly) band aids(including some big one and gauze to stop the bleeding from big gashes), neosporin sprayand some of my prescription pain medicine (which I have occasionally dispensed when someone I know there has suffered a broken bone or torn ligament). Beingcomfortable and able to basically live at the park all day, always being hydrated and beating the heat even in the dog days of summer, having good will amongall of the regulars at the park and never forgetting you stuff because it all travels in one bag is very much FTW.

i used to always hate playing defense on the little kids, i felt like if i did i might kill them

Originally Posted by Rexanglorum

wj4 wrote:
If anything, the dude in jeans and boots should be sonning folks on the court like no tomorrow. And as recently discussed here in General, there needs to be the cat in the Nike shoes, Nike shorts, Nike shirt, shooting sleeves, etc. but sucks severely.

Usually gear has a parabolic relationship with performance. The whole matching JB or Nike outfit usually means that you suck but usually work boats and jeans also are not a good sign. The best players usually are dressed for a basketball game but it is usually just regular mesh shorts, a plain Tee with the sleeves cut off and some basketball shoes that are neither falling apart but not fresh out of the box either. It is that happy medium where most good players at the park sit.

I do have to disagree with who ever said that bringing a duffel bag and sandals is always a scrub. In that case it is negative parabolic relationship, the player with the fresh and fully stocked bag either terrible and is continuing the tactic of compensating with fresh gear or the person with the bag is good and spends lots of time at the gym or at the park and has figured out how to deal with the heat and humidity and sweating associated with playing lots of basketball.

I have a bag and it makes hooping outdoors, especially in hot weather, much more comfortable. I can keep, all in one small duffel bag, a couple towels; cold water; a wrist and head band (circa 2001 I did wear those things for style but now only when I know I'll sweat a lot) and a pair of sandals and a fresh Tee for after I am done for the day. It feels gross to be marinating in your own sweat and to get it on car seats but when you change your shirt and swap your sweat socks for sandals, you feel good and can linger after a day of hooping and talk and maybe even do a quick errand on the way home.

I also have helped the less prepared by keeping a manual pump; an extra ball; sweat proof sunblock and my mini first aid kit, which has some of my xanax (which I take when my WPW acts up and my heart beats very rapidly) band aids(including some big one and gauze to stop the bleeding from big gashes), neosporin spray and some of my prescription pain medicine (which I have occasionally dispensed when someone I know there has suffered a broken bone or torn ligament). Being comfortable and able to basically live at the park all day, always being hydrated and beating the heat even in the dog days of summer, having good will among all of the regulars at the park and never forgetting you stuff because it all travels in one bag is very much FTW.

cliffnotes?

Originally Posted by Rexanglorum

wj4 wrote:

Usually gear has a parabolic relationship with performance. The whole matching JB or Nike outfit usually means that you suck but usually work boats and jeans also are not a good sign. The best players usually are dressed for a basketball game but it is usually just regular mesh shorts, a plain Tee with the sleeves cut off and some basketball shoes that are neither falling apart but not fresh out of the box either. It is that happy medium where most good players at the park sit.

I do have to disagree with who ever said that bringing a duffel bag and sandals is always a scrub. In that case it is negative parabolic relationship, the player with the fresh and fully stocked bag either terrible and is continuing the tactic of compensating with fresh gear or the person with the bag is good and spends lots of time at the gym or at the park and has figured out how to deal with the heat and humidity and sweating associated with playing lots of basketball.

I have a bag and it makes hooping outdoors, especially in hot weather, much more comfortable. I can keep, all in one small duffel bag, a couple towels; cold water; a wrist and head band (circa 2001 I did wear those things for style but now only when I know I'll sweat a lot) and a pair of sandals and a fresh Tee for after I am done for the day. It feels gross to be marinating in your own sweat and to get it on car seats but when you change your shirt and swap your sweat socks for sandals, you feel good and can linger after a day of hooping and talk and maybe even do a quick errand on the way home.

I also have helped the less prepared by keeping a manual pump; an extra ball; sweat proof sunblock and my mini first aid kit, which has some of my xanax (which I take when my WPW acts up and my heart beats very rapidly) band aids(including some big one and gauze to stop the bleeding from big gashes), neosporin spray and some of my prescription pain medicine (which I have occasionally dispensed when someone I know there has suffered a broken bone or torn ligament). Being comfortable and able to basically live at the park all day, always being hydrated and beating the heat even in the dog days of summer, having good will among all of the regulars at the park and never forgetting you stuff because it all travels in one bag is very much FTW.

I'm just talking from my experience and it's always the cats in the regular clothes that always are beasts.

For example: We had a game of 4 on 4 going on last summer and this guy was just watching and asked if he can play. They only let him in because we had 7. The guy was wearing jeans that were cut into jean shorts, some construction boots and a t shirt advertising "Blade II" with the sleeves cut off andOakley shades. No one wanted him, and was the last pick. He ended up scoring all 21 points for the other team. Dude was beasting, both offensively anddefensively.

When I go to the hoop, I just throw on a tank top, shorts, shoes, and a bottle of water. I keep a ball in the trunk at all times.
laugh.gif

I'm a pretty big guy, 6'2 285lbs and was balling one time and this cat in Jeans, Nike Boots and a Fat Albert Fubu Jersey dunked on me and gave merugburn on my face from the carpet on the jersey. So Yes, bad gear guy is dangerous.

Back
Top Bottom