12/1/09 Spacejams

Originally Posted by JAONE626

RFX45 wrote:
SneakerHeathen wrote:
Originally Posted by Nasty Mane23

175$ %+@ JB Tryna kill us

175 for spacejams and you're complaining???

SMH Do you know how much I had to spend for my pair?

Thank You Jordan Brand. Can't wait. I need me another pair or two.

That is horrible logic. So if everyone paid $400 on Space Jams it fine for JB to charge as much as they want as long as it isn't as much as you paid?
I am not going to argue how much these shoes should cost but that logic is flawed and ridiculous.
$50 is a 40% increase from the retail price, that is a big jump.

co-sign...

also... the economy, or inflation, does not justify this price increase either...

I can't understand why people continue to defend JB, when they're clearly trying to take advantage of brand loyal consumers...

They want to make money. Point blank. People are going to purchase the shoe no matter how much it costs.

My logic is fine, people will pay 400 (or more) for a pair of Spacejams so if anything a 175 price tag is a blessing. Even for those who have a pair, this is achance for everyone to get a pair.

Compared to how much everything costs now a days 175 for a pair of athletic shoes isn't all that bad.

im all against price gouging and resellers but if people plan properly and take care of there priorities first then 175 wont be as bad. save $30 bucks a monthtil black friday and you'll be fine.

Originally Posted by Architect

You're all aware of the fact that the quality on these will be that of the last crap-pack, right? $175 for an inferior product and you people are thanking JB? You're out of your mind.
Speak man, speak man.

Originally Posted by JFMartiMcDandruff

You're all aware of the fact that the quality on these will be that of the last crap-pack, right? $175 for an inferior product and you people are thanking JB? You're out of your mind.
i don't own the CDP XI's, are they that bad?
This was the first time I'd gone to the store with the intention of buying and left them there based on quality. We all know JB has beencutting corners over the last few years but the recent XI's had been taken to an entirely new level. It looked and felt like something you'd buy atPayless. If you own the originals or the 01 retro, you'll agree.

This is what I will do, wait for them to come out, then the " REAL" 01 retros price will drop and will scoop up a pair or 2 from ebay. I bought 3packs of CDP XI and end up selling them all and bought 2 01 retro Blk/Red after comparing the quality between the 01 and 08.

i un-ds my jams last week and im already tired of them. this shoe is jus hype! once you get em your like eh w/e.

Originally Posted by homer420

i un-ds my jams last week and im already tired of them. this shoe is jus hype! once you get em your like eh w/e.
Well that sucks. But to me the XI's are the most comfortable.

This was the first time I'd gone to the store with the intention of buying and left them there based on quality. We all know JB has been cutting corners over the last few years but the recent XI's had been taken to an entirely new level. It looked and felt like something you'd buy at Payless. If you own the originals or the 01 retro, you'll agree.
they are TERRIBLE

one day i walked home from school in them, its about 3.5 miles. The sides of the top of the ankle collar had CUT into my ankles so I couldnt wear high tops atall for 2 weeks

this was prob like a month ago, and the markings are still clearly there because it left a freaking scar!

you can walkaround in these for a lil bit, but any normal exerciseish routine would be hell in them

speak for yourself....i love mine...best shoe purchase ive ever made

Originally Posted by SneakerHeathen

Originally Posted by JAONE626

RFX45 wrote:
SneakerHeathen wrote:
Originally Posted by Nasty Mane23

175$ %+@ JB Tryna kill us

175 for spacejams and you're complaining???

SMH Do you know how much I had to spend for my pair?

Thank You Jordan Brand. Can't wait. I need me another pair or two.

That is horrible logic. So if everyone paid $400 on Space Jams it fine for JB to charge as much as they want as long as it isn't as much as you paid?
I am not going to argue how much these shoes should cost but that logic is flawed and ridiculous.
$50 is a 40% increase from the retail price, that is a big jump.
co-sign...

also... the economy, or inflation, does not justify this price increase either...

I can't understand why people continue to defend JB, when they're clearly trying to take advantage of brand loyal consumers...

They want to make money. Point blank. People are going to purchase the shoe no matter how much it costs.

My logic is fine, people will pay 400 (or more) for a pair of Spacejams so if anything a 175 price tag is a blessing. Even for those who have a pair, this is a chance for everyone to get a pair.

Compared to how much everything costs now a days 175 for a pair of athletic shoes isn't all that bad.

Your logic is still flawed. By your logic, since people are willing to pay $400, if JB charges $300 for a pair, it would still be a bargain?
Again, I am not complaining about price and saying what it should cost, but to say that it is ok to charge this much just because people were willing to payhigher isn't logical in the buyers point of view.
Of course it will sell out, JB can probably charge $200 a pair and it will still sell out but that is beside the point with your logic as a consumer.
So if some people are willing to pay $30k for a Corolla you'll be fine if they charged you $20k for it because you feel like you saved $10k?

Originally Posted by holoflow

November 27th, 2009 "Black Friday" is the scheduled release date...

Damn
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

i agree. when i had my pair i was like hmmm its just some shoes =/

Not A big Fan Of These...Probably Because Everyone Is A Fan Of These & I Want To Be Different...lol...But They Look Nice...If They Keep The Speckled PatentLeather I'll Cop....

To RFX45...........youre right, but of course they dont care what the buyer's point of view is, if they know people are still going buy them (double andtriple up on them). Its a great way for JB to make moneyAnd with that in mind as well as knowing that they probably would sell out if they were $200 plus, Iwouldnt mind paying $175 for them if the quality is as good as the 01's. But i doubt they will be though. oh well... my two cents.

i prefer concords, have them all but those are the cleanest. besides the blue tint of the og columbias

Originally Posted by dendanskesimon

This was the first time I'd gone to the store with the intention of buying and left them there based on quality. We all know JB has been cutting corners over the last few years but the recent XI's had been taken to an entirely new level. It looked and felt like something you'd buy at Payless. If you own the originals or the 01 retro, you'll agree.
they are TERRIBLE

one day i walked home from school in them, its about 3.5 miles. The sides of the top of the ankle collar had CUT into my ankles so I couldnt wear high tops at all for 2 weeks

this was prob like a month ago, and the markings are still clearly there because it left a freaking scar!

you can walkaround in these for a lil bit, but any normal exerciseish routine would be hell in them
i don't mean to brag, but i got the original Black/red XI. And boy they are comfy.

I don't want anything less than that. So this'll be a tough decision. For 175, i think i'll pass.

Originally Posted by Hugo

i agree. when i had my pair i was like hmmm its just some shoes =/

had 2 pairs, i felt the same way so i sold both... I don't even think they are that comfortable. It hurts in the front toe box.

Back
Top Bottom