12/17/06....the night Kobe & the Lakers ate 60 from Gil

Originally Posted by NIMFH

But it's Kobe tho. Arguably the second greatest player to ever touch the hardwood.
And the Kobe fans wonder why people knock on them.

Let's see here. Bill Russell won 11 titles, some as player-coach, and played the greatest defense the game has ever seen.

Larry Bird won three titles as the lead man, against the fiercest competition of the past 3 decades (for the vast majority of his career, Philly, LA, Detroit, Denver and Milwaukee were seen as candidates for the title) and while flirting with nighty triple doubles.

Magic Johnson reinvented the PG position, won five titles and could have been looking at more had HIV not cut his career short and dropped 42 while playing center in the deciding game of the NBA Finals.

Kareem won six titles, five regular season MVP's, averaged a 38-14 in his prime and won a title in Milwaukee of all places.

Go ahead and make your case for Kobe vs. any of those guys.

And I'm not even going into Wilt, Isaiah, Pippen, Tim Duncan, Olajuwon, Oscar Robertson, etc.

Again, I don't understand why people bring stats into a  1 vs 1 conversation. statistic don't mean @#$@ when you play one on one

I'd give a healthy /fresh legged Kobe Bryant a good shot at beating any of those guys you mentioned above.

Originally Posted by ACBboyz84

But it's Kobe tho. Arguably the second greatest player to ever touch the hardwood.

Let's see here. Bill Russell won 11 titles, some as player-coach, and played the greatest defense the game has ever seen.

Larry Bird won three titles as the lead man, against the fiercest competition of the past 3 decades (for the vast majority of his career, Philly, LA, Detroit, Denver and Milwaukee were seen as candidates for the title) and while flirting with nighty triple doubles.

Magic Johnson reinvented the PG position, won five titles and could have been looking at more had HIV not cut his career short and dropped 42 while playing center in the deciding game of the NBA Finals.

Kareem won six titles, five regular season MVP's, averaged a 38-14 in his prime and won a title in Milwaukee of all places.

And I'm not even going into Wilt, Isaiah, Pippen, Tim Duncan, Olajuwon, Oscar Robertson, etc.

Again, I don't understand why people bring stats into a  1 vs 1 conversation. statistic don't mean @#$@ when you play one on one

I'd give a healthy /fresh legged Kobe Bryant a good shot at beating any of those guys you mentioned above.

eek.gif
roll.gif

woow just woow its pass your bed time call it a night playa

Call me crazy, but it's because those stats are to be observed and compared in the context of a TEAM SPORT. This isn't a 1 on 1 pick-up game, my man.

Let's focus on this ONE game. I'm sure the haters will come in and post pics of Lebron patting dude on the arm, Gil not scoring 50 vs. the Blazers, etc....However, for one night in his hometown, Gil went off...
Kobe stans felt really left out, DoubleJs.

Just change the title to "Let's Discuss Kobe's Place in History, Vol. Is There Anyone He Can't Beat in a Hypothetical Game of One on One?"

laugh.gif

Straight disrespectful to these legends

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
AG 47 wrote:

Originally Posted by FinesseSosa

Originally Posted by MetroKid26

Asked how the Wizards' guard scored so many, Bryant said,
"First of all, he shot 27 free throws. We as a team shot 30. Think
about that."Washington shot 60 free throws and made 47.Bryant
added, "Some of the shots he took tonight, you miss
those, they're just terrible shots, just awful. You make them and
they're unbelievable shots."
Funny that Kobe does the same thing ALL the time.

I don't remember Gilbert's name in the Top 50 all-time.
lmao not quite.

Originally Posted by HANNSUM

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
AG 47 wrote:

FinesseSosa wrote:

MetroKid26 wrote:

lmao not quite.

As long as people will have opinions, Kobe will always be in the conversation of best player ever behind Mike.
I didn't invent, it's just the way it is.

Originally Posted by AG 47

Originally Posted by HANNSUM

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
AG 47 wrote:

FinesseSosa wrote:

MetroKid26 wrote:

lmao not quite.

As long as people will have opinions, Kobe will always be in the conversation of best player ever behind Mike.
I didn't invent, it's just the way it is.
seek counseling

Originally Posted by AG 47

Originally Posted by FinesseSosa

Originally Posted by MetroKid26

eyes.gif

Didn't take long for the %#!$ worshiping to begin. We're talking about this game.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
A list of salty fans lol...
yes, you made it

shouldn't he be in jail or something
eyes.gif

LOL. 
But kobe actually makes them, is what sets them apart.

Hell, every shot kobe takes is ridiculous. The ones where hes got a hand an inch away from his face, completely cant see the basket at all and he still makes it.
LOL. 
60 free throws????? SIXTY?????
   LOL.

--Every dog has his day...
  and yet kobe gets the last laugh...

yea it's time to grow up.

OH AND THIS. LOL

gil was on fire that season. the buzzer beaters against utah, milwaukee and seattle. dropping 54 on the suns and ending their winning streak, and on their home court as well.

Back
Top Bottom