'12 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFF-SEASON (NSD, spring practice, summer sessions)

:nerd: 8) :smokin

Saw this on twitter earlier...looks like Nkemdiche is having a good time @ Ole Miss with his Older Bro

Damn... No Shane Morris in Dilfers Elite 11... I was really hoping he would get the approval of captain checkdown

soon as TennPenny figured out Kamara and Henry were wanted badly by Bama, he decided to take visits.

he can spin it how he likes to recruiting reporters but he got a big dose of reality after the opening when Henry all but verbally committed to Bama

the only thing that makes me cringe about these penn state sanctions is, this whole thing is outside the NCAA's jurisdiction.  everyone who did the harm is already dead or going to jail... the only person this affects is kids who were 4-8 years old when all of this was going down.  if legitimate prison time didn't deter them, you think there are football officials at schools around the country going "oh no, we better not try to bury any of these scandals in case we get punished by the ncaa?"  i get that they felt the need to do SOMETHING to establish their authority, but these sanctions are stupid.

I guess you can look at it as them reacting to the coverup by the school's leadership and holding the football program in higher esteem than the kids and school, but I just don't like the punishment coming down after everyone involved is already gone.  Where was the NCAA when Sandusky initially got accused?  Why not investigate then?

At least they're still allowed to play football every Saturday.

Last edited:
Pittsburgh has 6 open scholarships....those coaches better be meeting with players in state college right now.

Who do they have on their roster that people would want? Besides like Silas Redd?

They got bammed more than I thought they would.

Last edited:
Who do they have on their roster that people would want? Besides like Silas Redd?
They got bammed more than I thought they would.

Roster is very weak.
maybe a couple DLineman

the "real sanctions" had already started with the scandal, because their 2012 class was Horrible.

2013 was rounding out nicely but that will all fall apart shortly.

Ross Douglass already de-committed

With the PSU program now decimated, I hope my school fills.the spot, B10-wise andmaybe even nationally. I hknow it might be inappropriate to say this but I see an opportunity and hopefully my school grabs it. Clean program, high academics, a coach with a sound reputation and B10 affiliation

the only thing that makes me cringe about these penn state sanctions is, this whole thing is outside the NCAA's jurisdiction.  everyone who did the harm is already dead or going to jail... the only person this affects is kids who were 4-8 years old when all of this was going down.  if legitimate prison time didn't deter them, you think there are football officials at schools around the country going "oh no, we better not try to bury any of these scandals in case we get punished by the ncaa?"  i get that they felt the need to do SOMETHING to establish their authority, but these sanctions are stupid.

I guess you can look at it as them reacting to the coverup by the school's leadership and holding the football program in higher esteem than the kids and school, but I just don't like the punishment coming down after everyone involved is already gone.  Where was the NCAA when Sandusky initially got accused?  Why not investigate then?

At least they're still allowed to play football every Saturday.
i kind of agree.

penn state wont fight this will they? it looks to bad in public for them to try and fight. got to bend over and take it.

FSU Picked To Beat Virginia Tech For Championship By ACC Media

Jul 23 1:32p by Bud Elliott

Read More: acc preseason picks, Virginia Tech Hokies

Atlantic Division
1. Florida State (72) ..................543
2. Clemson (17) ....................... 470
3. NC State (5) .......................... 402
4. Wake Forest .......................... 241
5. Boston College ..................... 181
6. Maryland .............................. 148

Coastal Division
1. Virginia Tech (83) ............... 558
2. Georgia Tech (10)....... 421
3. North Carolina (2) .............. 341
4. Virginia ................................. 326
5. Miami........... 245
6. Duke............. 104

ACC Championship Votes
1. Florida State...................60
2. Virginia Tech...............18
3. Clemson...........13

GREENSBORO, N.C. -- Florida State is once again the preseason pick to win the ACC Championship according to ACC media members, who voted during the ACC Football Kickoff. The opponent, from the Coastal Division, is the Virginia Tech Hokies.

Tough for a storied program like Penn State, but the entire cover up to protect the "brand" is what did them in. Paterno's legacy is tarnished forever, as it should be, he chose to protect Sandusky thinking he was protecting Penn State and his entire house of cards came crashing down.

His legacy will now be that he housed and protected a child molester.

Sanctions are what they are, no such thing as "jurisdiction" and "due process" when it comes to the NCAA. This was a knee jerk reaction that the NCAA felt it needed to do, and it did.

I understand why they vacated the wins, but don't agree with it. They didn't cheat or have ineligible players in the field. It's one thing to punish the program and wanting to punish Paterno posthumously, however, there were players on those teams that had nothing to do with what was happening behind the scenes.

NCAA hammered Penn State :smh:

so maybe i missed something, but why hasn't UM had the hammer dropped on 'em yet?? Will they implement any sanctions before the season ?:nerd:

RB Fitz Toussaint and LB/Rush End Frank Clark both suspended... Fitz caught a DUI and Frank is alleged to steal a MacBook... I bet both grab some pine for Bama... Rawls time

07:00 PM 133 South Carolina -7 -110 o
134 Vanderbilt +7 -110 o

07:00 PM 135 Central Florida -21 -110 o
136 Akron +21 -110 o

7:00 PM 137 Eastern Michigan +4½ -110 o
138 Ball State -4½ -110 o

07:30 PM 139 Texas A&M -9½ -110 o
140 Louisiana Tech +9½ -110 o

07:30 PM 141 Massachusetts +21 -110 o
142 Connecticut -21 -110 o

07:30 PM 143 UCLA -14 -110 o
144 Rice +14 -110 o
07:30 PM 149 Texas San Antonio +6 -110 o
150 South Alabama -6 -110 o

10:15 PM 145 Washington State +12½ -110 o
146 Brigham Young -12½ -110 o

11:00 PM 147 Minnesota -10 -110 o
148 UNLV +10 -110

for the gamblers....vegas releasing the full week 1 lines on sunday

so maybe i missed something, but why hasn't UM had the hammer dropped on 'em yet?? Will they implement any sanctions before the season ?:nerd:

Doubt anything comes before the end of the year.

07:00 PM 133 South Carolina -7 -110 o
134 Vanderbilt +7 -110 o
07:00 PM 135 Central Florida -21 -110 o
136 Akron +21 -110 o
7:00 PM 137 Eastern Michigan +4½ -110 o
138 Ball State -4½ -110 o
07:30 PM 139 Texas A&M -9½ -110 o
140 Louisiana Tech +9½ -110 o
07:30 PM 141 Massachusetts +21 -110 o
142 Connecticut -21 -110 o
07:30 PM 143 UCLA -14 -110 o
144 Rice +14 -110 o
07:30 PM 149 Texas San Antonio +6 -110 o
150 South Alabama -6 -110 o
10:15 PM 145 Washington State +12½ -110 o
146 Brigham Young -12½ -110 o
11:00 PM 147 Minnesota -10 -110 o
148 UNLV +10 -110
for the gamblers....vegas releasing the full week 1 lines on sunday

Awww yeah it's almost here

Last edited:
SMH I lost too much betting on CFB last season, seems like every game I bet on was one of the bigger upsets of the year or the team's best player got injured or some stupid **** :lol: I lost a four team parlay because Northwestern beat Nebraska, ****ohwtbs :lol:

Count me out of that this year.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I remember you posting about some of your bets that went awry last year

Last year Wisky, Stanford, Bama, LSU were heavy hitters for me. Pounded those 4 all year in addition to other bets and they definitely paid off

Last edited:
Those UM Jerseys are tough but that game is gonna be a beatdown. Fitz and Denard combined had 26 carries for 43 yds in the Sugar Bowl and they were hovering around 100 total yards of offense for most of the game. What's gonna happen when they go up against a defense like Bama's :x

Back
Top Bottom