1990-1999 NBA Post.

This was the period of time I grew up watching the NBA and fell in love with basketball. Most of you are in the same age range as me [I'm 21]and with all the over saturation� in the NBA now [that GEICO stuff is lame] I just want to take some time out to appreciate the NBA I grew up knowing. Feelfree to share some of your favorite stories, players, and etc.
I'll start if off.
NBA on NBC
smokin.gif

52488222.jpg

When KG acting a fool was ok. Garnett III's
smokin.gif

498135.jpg

I'm from Rhode Island, can you blame me?
tongue.gif

494813.jpg

No caption needed.
314564.jpg

The REAL Pack man.
72222341.jpg

first this whole 'the 90's were better thing wore thin in the year 2000.

secondly while we've never met i feel confident in saying that you were not a huge fan of the NBA, paying close attention to the 91 finals as a 3 or 4 yearold.

things like that are just not the type of thing children that age ae concerned with. but of course everyone on NT was in the know straight out of the womb.
eyes.gif

so many people seem to make statements like this just so they can seem like they were down from as early an age as possible.

of all the "90s NBA appreciation posts" (and trust me, we've had a lot of them) this is probably the worst of all time as far as the content ofthe original post. based on the players you posted, and the players you DIDN'T post... i can tell you weren't that big of an NBA fan in the 90s.

i really do hate these redundant"90s NBA" threads. they should be banned along with Player A > Player B.

laugh.gif
@ you guys making vast assumptions. I used to sit and watch games with my pops since I was young and even have an absurd amount of games on tape. But thisisn't a personal post.

and Downtown. If I sit here and post EVERY player that I enjoyed what would be the point of allowing other people to post. I said I would get it started for areason.

and if you really hate these redundant posts you would not bother to waste your time by clicking, typing and posting a reply. No?

Edit: That's the problem NT sometimes. Ya'll are quick to
grin.gif
somebody. Be useful and drop knowledge to some of these younger dudes including myself if you are so omniscient.
and Clutchshooter, you just missed the free throw and lost your team the game.
embarassed.gif

First glimpse of basketball I had was when MJ hit that game winner in Game 1 during the 97 Finals.

I was 8 at the time so I didn't catch the whole Finals.

But what I did do was always watched that NBA Finals Series on ESPN and ESPN2.

That got me hooked to the NBA and also gave me some knowledge about players like Bird,Magic,Isiah,Mj etc

One of the greatest moments for me was when the Toronto Raptors beat the Chicago Bulls in 1996, this was the raptors first year as a franchise team and this isthe same year that the Chicago Bulls went 72-10...That was also a great game (Yes i'm from Toronto)

Originally Posted by eeibaby

allen-iverson-reebok-answer-10-sneakers-1.jpg
nerd.gif

pimp.gif
@ the old ESPN Graphics.

laugh.gif
@ the Skully
51659180.jpg

Remember Sura in the Dunk Contest
roll.gif

52022888.jpg

Iverson's baby braids
laugh.gif
and Uptempo 3's
smokin.gif

National-Basketball-Association

frown.gif
What could have been.
73303783.jpg

"The Next Charles Barkley"
eyes.gif
roll.gif

81592237.jpg

Hersey...I hated dude in Seattle but he got buckets. He was like how Eddie House is now.
355410.jpg

First memories that come to mind when I think about 90's basketball was Shaq and Penny vs. Houston in the Finals, and then the Miami vs. NYK games orseries' that always seemed to have a fight. Loved it. NBA on NBC is a given though.

My dude in NBA Live 95.
pimp.gif

238182.jpg

Can't forget about my first NBA jersey my mom bought me in middle school...

My Grant Hill rookie jersey!
pimp.gif

Still got it too.

ghill.jpg

Only pic I could find with Grant in the blue uni. I know that's not a rookie pic.

And how could I forget, my boy had an authentic jersey of Abdul-Rauf.

abdulrauf_nuggets_02_200.jpg

Originally Posted by youngcheezy

i think everyone knows the nba from 01 to present is the best
jason_richardson_jam1.jpg

I aint no haiter or nothin, but how, as a suns fan, could you post a picture of a player that has been on the suns for no signficant amount of time recievingthe one award he recieved in his whole NBA career when you had Nash win the MVP twice in that time span??? BACK TO BACK
080312-Steve-Nash.widec.jpg

nash_0506mvp_index.jpg

cheezy never fails.
laugh.gif

First card I got. I swore up and down he was the best PG in the league.
09F.jpg

Greenscreen
smokin.gif
probably why I wear glasses now
3364.jpg

His crossover was
sick.gif

ah. the late 90's were the best.� knicks vs heat would never get old year after year.� allanhouston ripped the hearts out of every heat fan with that buzzer beater
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
.� 98-99 knicks team was stacked.

Originally Posted by KwestMajik

cheezy never fails.
laugh.gif

First card I got. I swore up and down he was the best PG in the league.
09F.jpg

Dude had a awkward looking jumper, but dude was fast
pimp.gif

lamar odoms rookie year stat lines, i became a fan back when he was a rhode island and i was hyped when he was drafted by the clips:

very first nba game:

rookie triple doubles

top double-doubles

last game of the season:

and he had lots of games where he had like 15 rebounds, 8 assist, and just all round games...
dude has gotten worse as his career went on, sad, so talented, yet hes such a bum....
clippers_odom.jpg
tired.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif
mad.gif

Knicks vs bulls, Knicks vs Pacers n knicks vs heat > Any rivalry the new millenium produced.

Rivalries existed...real ones.

Knicks/Bulls
Knicks/Pacers
Pacers/Bulls
Knicks/Heat

LOL at the Knicks beefin' with everybody...

First real Finals series I saw fully was 93 Bulls vs Suns I was 13 b4 that NBA coverage in England was pretty much non existent.

After that we had good coverage and watched the Finals every year loved the 94 finals was gritty and close and goin 7 games was great for a young fan hated the95 finals as I was an Orlando fan n my boy at school was a Rockets fan got alot of sweep comments everyday for the whole summer.

96-98 finals because of MJ and them Bulls.

For me the 98 season wasnt great untill the playoffs n finals aside from Kobe and MJ goin at eachother and the All star performance Knicks vs Heat matchups andNick Andersons 3 to win and ruin Shaqs return to Orlando + the mock of Shaq.

99 was great for me even though the lockout because of 1 guy Jason Williams he was fresh fancy and fearless I loved it so many crazy highlights and the playoffseries with Utah oh and cant forget Vince Carter dunking on everybody.The finals were blah Knicks without big Pat put up a fight but had no chance Camby wasnice all playoffs though n Spree was good to watch.

Players I loved watching in the 90s
Young Jason Kidd and Grant Hill
Iverson
Penny
Shaq
Kobe
KG
Timbug
Van Excel
Eddie Jones
Robert Pack
Abdul-Rauf
CWebb
KJ
Barkley
Pipp
Shawn Kemp

and of course Michael

Peace
Scottie

Originally Posted by aubstuh86

ah. the late 90's were the best.� knicks vs heat would never get old year after year.� allan houston ripped the hearts out of every heat fan with that buzzer beater
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
.� 98-99 knicks team was stacked.

I was like 11 y/I when this happened I literally cried when he hit that shot

1990-91
Chicago Bulls vs LA Lakers
MJ's 1st in LA
pimp.gif

(Thanks MIKE)

LA Clippers 1991-93 "The Larry Brown ERA" aka back-to-back playoff appearances
pimp.gif

fm0yvk.jpg

LA Clippers 1993-94 The season we traded Danny Manning for "Human Highlight" at the February deadline and he rarely disappointed the LA fans withhis 26 ppg averages.
glasses.gif

dqmy6x.jpg

1995-1998 Two of my favorite guards from that short time period before MIKE retired (again)
pimp.gif

2lizd43.jpg

LA Clippers 1996-97 The last time we sniffed the 'offs in the 90's. That team had such a unique collection of talent in Rodney Rogers, Darrick Martin,Malik Sealy(RIP), Loy Vaught, Pooh Richardson, Brent Barry and Lamond Murray.
210d5cn.jpg

Back
Top Bottom