1994, the year air jordans pretty much almost DIED.

i remember this.....i remember my moms not coppin the barkleys for me. i think they were 120 cuz of the AM squared bubble.....(oh how big that bubble was too) but i didn't like the 9s and i still don't like the 10s.....but nonetheless......a good time in sneaker history

U can argue that its happening again....nike retros been owning the jordans as of late...

If jordans would stop watering down they're logo with all these weak releases.....

JB will always own. You release nikes hottest shoe against jordans hottest shoe... Ppl will be awaiting the box with the jumpman on it. But how things aregoing it'll be "jb who?"

Originally Posted by Untitled

U can argue that its happening again....nike retros been owning the jordans as of late...

If jordans would stop watering down they're logo with all these weak releases.....
I agree with my man, Nike Retros are owning Jordans, well atleast for me hahah. Im tired of the whack quality seriously, and all the CW for the1s and Faded whack suede were getting from JB. Nike has owned with the Pennys lately. Pennys are what I call good quality and hope I get this from JB. Lastgood pair of Js I got were the Carmines and 9/14pack.

Crazy. And I like how you made the IX and X pic smaller
laugh.gif
grin.gif

The Air Max2 CB was probably the first shoe i ever saw that made me go 'What the *expletive deleted*?'
The air bag, the mesh, the contrasting colors, the monster/beast theme with the straps and lace locks all over
made a major impression on me. I didn't know if i liked it or hated, but i knew that Nike had reached a watershed,
and that i, and many others would remember it for a long time to come.

son was under 6'3

Was Barkley really that short? The book's in storage right now, but in Sole Provider there a picture of Nike Athletes lined up, and i could've swornBarkley
looks a little taller than Jordan.

Originally Posted by swingshot

son was under 6'3

Was Barkley really that short? The book's in storage right now, but in Sole Provider there a picture of Nike Athletes lined up, and i could've sworn Barkley
barkleyc.jpg

Originally Posted by swingshot

The Air Max2 CB was probably the first shoe i ever saw that made me go 'What the *expletive deleted*?'
The air bag, the mesh, the contrasting colors, the monster/beast theme with the straps and lace locks all over
made a major impression on me. I didn't know if i liked it or hated, but i knew that Nike had reached a watershed,
and that i, and many others would remember it for a long time to come.

son was under 6'3

Was Barkley really that short? The book's in storage right now, but in Sole Provider there a picture of Nike Athletes lined up, and i could've sworn Barkley
yeah son was supe runder sized power forward...

Wll since this became Jordan vs Barkley tune to NBATV if you have it. Nba HardWood Classics, Game 3 of the 1993 Nba Finals, Pheonix Vs Chicago. Butt reallyJordan vs Barkley
wink.gif

I remember 1994 well also. Mom wasn't trying to buy me any shoes priced at $100 and over for school so I didn't have the Barkley's or the Jordansthat year or any school year for that matter.
laugh.gif

Anyways, I do vaguely remember the IX's. It didn't make a long lasting impression on me but I believe the very first time I noticed the IX was when Ihad just copped Nas' Illmatic and noticed while flipping through the pages of the album cover some dude sitting on the bench next to Nas with all ofQueensbridge behind em' rocking the IX.
pimp.gif
was what I thought and to this day I have always liked and appreciated the IX's.

X's were not so hot to me when they first dropped, and I distinctly remember saying to myself how ugly Jordans had become since MJ retired. Even theglorious Chi-town X's that I love now were ehhhh...to me back in the day....I love the X model now...it has definitely grown on me and like the IX lookssuper clean and official with a nice pair of jeans on.
pimp.gif

As for this discussion about Charles Barkley......CB was always a beast. I grew up in Pennsylvania and loved watching Charles dominate the boards for theSixers and was always impressed that how for a guy his size he was able to take control of the game. Charles could score, he could rebound, he could blockshots, and he understood the game because he knew when to kick the ball out if his shot wasn't available.....and his greatness continued on with the Sunsas well.

For the one dude in here to say Charles was decent at best is pure comedy. I always loved Barkley's in your face style on the court and in the Nikecommercials. Dude wasn't a nice guy and any dude who would willingly fight a 7 foot monster like Shaq gets mad respect in my book. CB's shoes were dopealso....rugged, comfortable, and just like Jordans did they broke necks.

But in general: Jordans > Barkley's all day. But Sir Charles is the man with or without a ring.
grin.gif

True story to untitled/ninjahood for what he is saying here. I went to high school from 92-96 in nyc (A.P. Randolph). The ix's were trash. They were thefirst Jordans that I didnt get when I was into buying jordans (I had the 6/7/8's). The X's were a little better but they were too simple and were notcompeting with the Barkley/Penny and most importantly the WEBBER line. Any thing with airmax/airmax2 technology was king at this time. I did by the X'sthough. When the XI's dropped it was over though. Probably tied with the airmax95's and airforce one's for the greatest shoes of all time.
Niketalk not letting me post pics right now but I will post some of what I have.

Not sure where you live, and your memory

But nobody ever turned their nose up at the IX's and X's. They weren't IV's or III's, but were still considered hot. Especially theIX's. And those Barkley's weren't considered as hot as the others he had.

And I still have those Jordan III's, and they never went on sale for $19.99, because one of my boys was trying to get me to sell mine to him

idk but anywhere else but in the CHI, J's still had mad love in 94. The OG IX's and Xs sold well. Its the retros that didn't.

Back
Top Bottom