1997 OG Air Foamposite one

I got these for a steal in DS condition...

The foam materials got a sturdy feel to them in comparison to the recent retros

E6A0449A-1C3E-4879-9ACC-098BC700C48F.jpeg

2007 Retro on the left
89A6AFCD-4279-4A5D-AE67-79685CA2E4EF.jpeg
B45C5E76-F616-48C4-8054-3A7338F535FF.jpeg
4E05ED1B-3088-467A-9802-A7DC196FA970.jpeg
75DF690C-1B63-4D79-9648-BD9A7CA7AF4C.jpeg

Dope!!! I remember buying these at an outdoor hiking/sun/ski sports store back in 97. Box price was killin me in college, got to the register and they rang up at like $65. Took the rest of my money and bought a TNF Steep Tech jacket. Joints makin me reminisce!!! Enjoy them ****s!!!!

Awesome find buddy!! I still have my pair of OG Ones just like these in the same size. Just be careful as the big spot that separates is the carbon fiber plate from the side of the foam. Happened on mine and I then put them away (until I can do some restoration). Enjoy them carefully!!

I'll throw my story on my pair. Went to Franklin Mills in Philly/Bensalem border. Walked the mall then ran into Richard's Sporting Goods. Was looking for the Foamposite Pro that Scottie wore that year (the white with black swoosh). They had them at Richard's and the guy came out and said he was mistaken, bit they had the blue ones. Did you want to see them? I was like what?!!! Blue ones? Which blue one....yeah bring them out!!! It hit me! It was the Foamposite Ones! The OG Penny pair. This was many months after they released. It was a return. Still in basically new condition (soles were a tiny bit dusty). I asked how much? Retail was $180. Got them for $110! Wore then off and on to keep them nice. Never forget finding them like that!!

Dope!!! I remember buying these at an outdoor hiking/sun/ski sports store back in 97. Box price was killin me in college, got to the register and they rang up at like $65. Took the rest of my money and bought a TNF Steep Tech jacket. Joints makin me reminisce!!! Enjoy them ****s!!!!
Would you say that they can be worn casually?

Like 05fordgt said, that carbon plate will be an issue. Looks like a small piece is missing. I’d be real cautious, because if they’re in DS/NDS condition, that means nothing has been really stressed yet. The suede/nubuck uppers may crack. Sole separation is probably inevitable. All in all it’s up to you. But I’d be lying if I said I wouldn’t wear them.

Because they’re DS, I wouldn’t even try to rock them. 23 year old kicks not gonna respond well (from my personal experience).

If they had been worn/getting consistent use, I would say go for it. Best to keep as a collectors piece at this point.

Such a beautiful shoe! When I see a pair of blue Foams I instantly think of Mike Bibby and how his Arizona squad did my favorite KU team of all time dirty in 97 on the way to a Natty.

original Foamposites that haven't been worn yet have a tendency to flake off it's paint exterior. I had a pair and da blue started falling off of them after a while and also da durabuck eyelets will definitely crack.

Back
Top Bottom